It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Slides Solve the mystery in 1.5 minutes (Your independent verification welcomed)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

appologies - i was not implying YOU should do it - and i do have some grasp of how many museums there are and how many egyptian collections // mummies

i wouldnt know where to start - but someone with a background in the museum industry and egyptian archeology would have a lot easier task of nailing it down

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i wouldnt know where to start

The deblurred text helped narrow possible locations for the mummy down a lot. Before that, when we had the blurred images I and other members of the Roswell Slides Research Group looked at thousands of images of mummies, dead bodies and deformities. Not very pleasant stuff, I can tell you.

I'm hoping to get confirmation of the specific museum shortly. Others have already posted some of the material indicating one of the possibilities.

(As you may know, personally don't like posting in public until I have some fairly solid evidence in support so I'd prefer an answer from the museum to a request for confirmation first...).
edit on 11-5-2015 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Maussan is still adamant that the mummy is non-human. He recently tweeted -

The analysis of this body shows that not only is not a child or a mummy, but that is completely different from humans.

It is important to continue research on the body of the being that according to the only eyewitness is Roswell.

Schmitt is raking in a bit more cash from the debacle. He's appearing at Contact in the Desert in a couple of weeks where he will run a workshop- Investigating the "Roswell" Slides -

Since the release of the MJ-12 documents in 1987, no other disclosure of potential physical evidence has caused the skeptics to go more viral. No other piece of photographic documentation has caused the skeptics to attack and smear an investigation - before its results were even presented. It remains clear, no evidence, NONE, will ever turn them from their agenda. But the truth will always debunk the debunker. That is why they have to destroy the truth before it even comes out. We will walk through the history and provenance of these potentially earth-shaking images - Do they depict a being not of this world? What do all the scientific experts say?

It'll cost you an extra $24.99 to hear him speak about the truth.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: torsion
Schmitt is raking in a bit more cash from the debacle. He's appearing at Contact in the Desert in a couple of weeks where he will run a workshop- Investigating the "Roswell" Slides -

Thanks. I hadn't seen that.

The relevant description is at:
shdlr.com...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
the " captain obvious " solution to this =

find independant images of the museum exhibit in question - or testimony from the museum that owns it .

that is ` case closed `

This, if done, would be true debunking.

Rather than what often passes for debunking on this site. Which are usually just counterclaims.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
I'd like way more on the deblurring custom image btw- invite Nab here to explain

Nab Lator asked me to let you know, in case you think he has special expertise, that didn't read the manual for the software (SmartDeblur) but instead:

I clicked on the buttons and figured out quickly how to improve the automatically generated kernel by trial and error.

I had been trying for about 15 minutes to create a custom model blur kernel myself with some success, but then saw the update you put out there solving the image. I admit I was skeptical until I tried Nab's kernel file myself because the results were so dramatic. Smart Deblur is an amazing program to help clear up an image. It's in my bag of tricks now.

I think the posturing we see going on in regards to the revealing of the text will subside to find most researchers admitting their optimism exceeded their information. I don't feel that jaded over this. I think the researchers looking in to this was just a matter of someone looking at all things to make sure nothing is missed. Obviously some researchers want to follow up on the new information revealed and would seem skeptical at first. But, I think most will come to realize the terrestrial nature of this.

It's too bad that there was not a better connection with Adam Dew (and his comedy documentary Kodachrome). Maybe you'll tell us that story.

I think a case can be made for open source investigations in regards to UFO research. It was effective this time to have this crowd sourced to speed up the answers.
edit on 11-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Found in the September 1938 Volume VIII, Number 1 Mesa Verde Notes that was published by the National Park Service was an article that definitively solves the mystery of the “Roswell Slides.” In paragraph four of the section of the publication entitled Around The Mesa was found this:

“A splendid mummy was received by the Park Museum recently when Mr. S.L. Palmer Jr. of San Francisco returned one that his father had taken from the ruins in 1894. The mummy is that of a two year old boy and is in an excellent state of preservation. At the time of burial the body was clad in a slip-over cotton shirt and three small cotton blankets. Fragments of these are still on the mummy.” The full text of the article can be found in this link:

npshistory.com...

This paragraph corresponds directly to the slides placard: the mummified body of a two year old boy, three small cotton blankets (the word “three” understandably seen by the de-blurring program as “these”) and Mr. Xxxxx of San Francisco, California.a reply to: IsaacKoi

Chapin Mesa Archeological Museum -

www.sunsetbld.com...

casacamisas.files.wordpress.com...

As well as the shelving (1st picture), in the second picture the museum placards have the same font and border (notice the squares in the corners).

The provenance of Dew's "alien boy" has been established

edit on 11-5-2015 by LiteraryJourney because: clarity

edit on 11-5-2015 by LiteraryJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LiteraryJourney

And the rotund female sings...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiteraryJourney

I emailed the museum a day or two ago seeking confirmation of that provenance and received earlier today an initial response from the Operations Manager asking for me to bear with them while they get me a response. (They have since been "getting hammered with phone calls and emails").

I'm reluctant to say more until I get that response.

I'll let you guys know if I get a confirmation of the position.

edit on 11-5-2015 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: LiteraryJourney

And the rotund female sings...

It's such a shame so many chose not to listen whilst she was still clearing her throat!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: torsion

Tsk, tsk, such desperation on their part. I suppose payment on rent and bills must be due.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
As if the name Maussan wasn't enough to cast doubt. Excellent job!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: torsion

Well who are we to stop him. Schmitt was on C2C straight after Richard Dolan. Basically repeating all the usual stories we've heard about Roswell but unbelievably saying a number people could not identify what the placard said including the photo interpretation lab at the Pentagon! He also asked how come no one had come up with the location of the original picture if it was just a mummy.

Schmitt also had the temerity to say of the evidence :

"...... if we were take this into a court of law before a judge and jury. Then unless someone can demonstrate other circumstances, other evidence suggesting another occasion. Another set of circumstance that would provide us with this opportunity...One would have to conclude that, yes, there is indeed a direct link to Roswell.

If anyone thinks I've taken it out of context then please listen to the second hour of the interview. It is available to C2C insiders from the C2C AM wesbite.

Schmitt's specific words are about 15 mins into his part of the interview (or around 53-54 minutes into the whole show.)

I would say his claims of being able to take this evidence before a judge and jury were spurious (Isaac you may be more qualified than I to clear that one up) and that the "other set of circumstances" are fulfilled beyond reasonable doubt.

If people want to keep on believing and keep on paying Schmitt though please don't let any of us stop you.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Attendees had to fork over $350 to see that circus in Mexico City. Plus, on-line streamers had to cough up another $20. Dew, Maussan, Carey & Schmitt need to refund all of that money. Of course I do not expect them to do so willingly.

A class action lawsuit is in order here.

And that's not all. The perpetrators of the "Hitler Diaries" hoax received three years in prison. The criminal charges stemmed from their ill gotten gains off their hoax.

a reply to: mirageman

btw -I would not expect Schmidt, Carey and Dolan to apologize or explain as it will just reinforce the lack of "scientific" rigor that made up this "research". This would likely cause others to examine their source material and other hearsay and speculations. Someone like Isaac needs to challenge Dew's statement of how he acquired the slides. I have yet to read anything other than hearsay on that, with the sources now proven to be fabricators. Dew and Maussan got the money and the notoriety. This particular hoax appears to be pretty profitable.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

appreciate if someone could embed this.

Interesting.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Any claimed success should be repeatable and will be tested. This requires more then youtube videos, You should be able to give specific and clear enough instructions and make public any blur models you are using so that anyone can actually repeat your actions with the actual placard scan we have posted here.

Slidebox Media Placard page

IsaacKoi did you contact Slidebox Media and send them Nab's blur model and a link to the Youtube video that shows how to use it? It says on their website they are asking for the blur model to reproduce your testing.

Also, did you forward them the info on the likely mummy location?

Let us know what you hear from them.

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

originally posted by: LiteraryJourney

I emailed the museum a day or two ago seeking confirmation of that provenance and received earlier today an initial response from the Operations Manager asking for me to bear with them while they get me a response. (They have since been "getting hammered with phone calls and emails").

I'm reluctant to say more until I get that response.

I'll let you guys know if I get a confirmation of the position.

That would be awesome to find the exact mummy and get new pictures of it. Mystery Solved.
edit on 11-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: text

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Great Caesar's Ghost! Hoaxers not going down without a fight?!

Shocking! lol

sigh...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yeah, they took a dig at the Youtube video in their update. The first time I viewed the Roswell Slide Teams Unblurring video I took a screenshot of the kernel image in the software preview window part of the video and was able to use that to create my own blur model and magically revealed the image. It blew my skepticism right away.

Just wait until the body surfaces. Just don't let Maussan get there first to do "BeWitness2 - The Unraveling".

When new pics of the body surfaces a group of Viking clad large ladies will sing out in chorus.
edit on 11-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Once i heard Jaime Maussan, i was out.
I think he is a alien himself

Anyone use this? They claim it has better results than SmartDeblur.
(So they claim on the site)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
One of the most annoying things is when someone barges into a thread,adds nothing of content, just to post a cheeky meme. Worse, when they try to avoid a low-content post by adding an unnecessary second line.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join