It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Slides Solve the mystery in 1.5 minutes (Your independent verification welcomed)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Rare for me to slap the 13th flag on a thread
. I'll 'risk it' in this case.

Great information IsaacKoi.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LiteraryJourney

I disagree about Dolan. He used to be one of my fav ufologists when he wrote UFOs and the National Security State.

To be honest I think he's just gone a little crazy, as weird as that sounds. I don't think he would intentionally hoax anything, it's just he's lost all senses skepticism and because of that he believes just about anything.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

My red flag went off into high gear when I heard that Jaime was involved. I know enough to smell something rotten whenever his name shows up.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Wait, people actually thought those pictures were aliens? Wow the world has gotten really stupid lately.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Having used the debluring software on the image I can now fill in two blank words -

At the time of burial the body was clothed in a slip-over cotton shirt.

A Google search of 'slip-over cotton shirt mummy burial' brought up an article by Don Watson titled Human Prunes and dated 1940. In it we read,

"Another excellent mummy in the Mesa Verde Museum is that of a small boy of perhaps two or three. X-rays of the teeth have not been taken so the exact age is uncertain. The body is well mummified, but small patches of skin are missing and the lower part of the right leg has disappeared. The skin has lost all of its former color and is an uninteresting dull gray shade. Part of a small slip-over cotton shirt still hangs around the shoulders. Several pieces of cotton in which the body was wrapped are well preserved. This mummy is not popular with visitors. It has such a negative personality that it has never been named. Even though it is well preserved, it fails to click. The spark is not there; that certain something is missing."

So maybe this is the guy - missing lower right leg matches the mummy in the slide and 'slip-over cotton shirt' and 'several pieces of cotton' matches the description on the card. Further, check images of the Mesa Verde Museum to see that they use the same type display shelving as shown in the slide.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: torsion
Having used the debluring software on the image I can now fill in two blank words -

At the time of burial the body was clothed in a slip-over cotton shirt.

A Google search of 'slip-over cotton shirt mummy burial' brought up an article by Don Watson titled Human Prunes and dated 1940.

Great. I've passed on this information to the other members of the Roswell Slides Research Group.

It's a shame this basic work wasn't done by Maussan et al before the big show was organised in Mexico...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Isaac do you guys have the full high resolution of slide 11 and the kernel file for it to do a Smart Deblur on the whole image?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
Isaac do you guys have the full high resolution of slide 11 and the kernel file for it to do a Smart Deblur on the whole image?

Nope. The promoters of the slides have not exactly been co-operating with our attempts to solve the mystery behind the slides...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth
a reply to: LiteraryJourney

I disagree about Dolan. He used to be one of my fav ufologists when he wrote UFOs and the National Security State.

To be honest I think he's just gone a little crazy, as weird as that sounds. I don't think he would intentionally hoax anything, it's just he's lost all senses skepticism and because of that he believes just about anything.

Stanton Friedman in an interview said he almost went to the BeWitness Conference just to check it (slides) out first hand so he could offer an opinion post conference. It was only until he had close friends that begged him not to go that he backed out. Maybe Dolan like Friedman didn't realize that by showing up it was a signature of approval on the spot to some rigid thinking people. Just because Dolan and a few other researchers showed up and said they thought this had merit to look in to didn't mean they were some low grade researchers. It was research in progress people. It's true this should have been outsourced to the public before the conference, but it was shortly after the conference anyway like Adam Dew promised. Adam Dew was counting on public crowd sourcing scrutiny to help find answers anyway.
edit on 10-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: edited for content

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

Nope. The promoters of the slides have not exactly been co-operating with our attempts to solve the mystery behind the slides...

Just go to their site and down load the Slide 11 from the source items on the page, like I did. It's not quite a 1mb file, but if you rez it up and then size down your white pixel image in the 100 pixel by 100 pixel kernel image and load that you'll get a fairly clean image like I did.
edit on 10-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
There is so much stuff on the web about "Roswell slides" now that I can't find where they came from, and haven't even looked at this before simply because I have been on Roswell overload well before the slides thing ever came out.

I bring it up out of curiosity to ask where did the slides originate from, an anonymous source?

Because if it was, and it was said to be aliens, but had the placard on it, then the giver of these slides would have known, and so I am wondering if it was a very crafty bit of disinformation?

If it was counterintel, imagine the victory dance they would be doing. Whether or not it was, it sure is a whopper of a boondoggle.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I have to say that the use of Smart Deblur by the Roswell Slide Team was fairly involved and insightful use of the software and I wonder if the developer helped them. Their use of a custom kernel "blur model" image takes a great deal of knowledge of the software and how it uses mathematical models to deblur.

I have to say I'm left wondering if this whole campaign was disinfo to reinforce UFO skepticism or just a run of the mill misinterpretation by a hopeful journalist (Adam Dew) that other researchers ran with too.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
All credit to Issac and the team, terrific work as always..

I think 99% of us saw Jammie and it went from IF it was a fake to HOW was it faked..

How come this fraud is never done for deception, actually a perfect question for Issac

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

You're trying your hardest to keep this alive.

A disinfo campaign?

Really?

I haven't really bothered with the A&U for a while now but the popularity of these slides piqued my interest, for a brief moment, fortunately there are the likes of Isaac Koi who aren't doing this for disinformation, but for the love of the subject.

No, this is just another money grabbing scheme from the likes of Jaime Maussan, and a very lazy one at that.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

It's a shame this basic work wasn't done by Maussan et al before the big show was organised in Mexico...

True, but that would have meant no big show. This case has to be the absolute nadir of ufology, lower even that Greer's Sirius scam. At least his mummified foetus didn't have a label attached explaining exactly what it was.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Just because Dolan and a few other researchers showed up and said they thought this had merit to look in to didn't mean they were some low grade researchers. It was research in progress people.

Personally, I (unlike some others) have not said against Dolan.

However, I don't think it would be true to say that everyone involved in promoting the show in Mexico was merely saying that "they thought this had merit to look in to".

As you may know if you have been following the Roswell Slides saga before and after the event in Mexico, Maussan in particular made unqualified statements that the Roswell Slides showed an alien. He also ridiculed those that had the temerity to suggest that the blurred images of the Roswell Slides released a couple of months ago looked pretty much like a child mummy.

Maussan said - among other things - that (apart from the fact that he would be presenting the most important evidence on the most important case) that this is the true creature recovered at Roswell. See, for example, his interview at the link below translate.google.com... rch

Similarly, Tom Carey has said "The slides show (I believe) one of the dead ET bodies recovered from the Roswell crash of July, 1947". See what he recently told a newspaper at:
www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: torsion
This case has to be the absolute nadir of ufology, lower even that Greer's Sirius scam. At least his mummified foetus didn't have a label attached explaining exactly what it was.

Coincidentally, I did research and write a long thread about Greer's Sirius video last year.

I didn't post that thread in the end because I think most people recognise that as mummified remains as well.

However, I did get some fun images of Greer prepared by other members of ATS so perhaps I should dust down my notes on that fiasco as well.

Again, it's probably not worth my time and effort.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
All credit to Issac and the team, terrific work as always..

Thanks for the kind words.

As I hope I made sufficiently clear in OP, most of the work on the deblurring was done by Nab Lator (with some contributions from other members of the group). I'd send any praise in his direction.

For anyone that wants to take the time to send Nab Lator a few words of praise, he can be found on Facebook at:
www.facebook.com...
edit on 10-5-2015 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2015 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

.Maybe Dolan like Friedman didn't realize that by showing up it was a signature of approval on the spot to some rigid thinking people. Just because Dolan and a few other researchers showed up and said they thought this had merit to look in to didn't mean they were some low grade researchers.

For what it is worth: I heard Dolan on Coast2Coast after the conference and he he clearly did not believe the bodies to be alien. In fact, he went out of his way to avoid giving a straight answer to whether or not he thought the pictures actually depicted alien bodies.

Frankly he seemed embarrassed about it all.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Just go to their site and down load the Slide 11 from the source items on the page, like I did. It's not quite a 1mb file,

Oh, I've seen that photo. When you asked about a high resolution copy, I assumed you meant a better copy than that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join