It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

democracy fail.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
they all do it for photo op's

They do it becaue is PERSUADES people! And when people are persuaded by such nonsense we lose the real purpose of voting.

just you didn't like the winner. Haha, unlucky.

Sorry, I wouldn't, and didn't, vote for any of them, quite simply because none of them will adress the real issues.
I neither lost nor won.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
when all political, rational, reasonable and reasoned
avenues of opposition to oppression are denied or
proven to be fraudulently inneficient, when all hope
of dignity is taken away, when all faith in the political
system is extinguished and proven to have been in
fact only an idealistic fantasy, when it finally becomes
clear that the notion of 'fairness' is a dream cherished
only by those to whom it is disallowed, only then might
the true course of action necessary to change the rise
of oppression be understood by the masses.

the true course is revolution. anything else is just
pissing into the wind.

That's a very long-winded way to say that you're a sore loser.

I appreciate that you are probably upset your political party of choice did not win the election, but why should that invalidate the opinions of the greater number of people who actively voted for them?

If more people voted for the Conservatives than any other party, and the Conservatives won the election as a result, that's hardly "fraudulently inefficient".

Assumption Much?

How is this statement in anyway assumption please?

It looks like fact plain and simple to me and your two word reply is failing to convince me otherwise.

I anticipate some expansion on your accused assumptions.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Sorry, I wouldn't, and didn't, vote for any of them, quite simply because none of them will adress the real issues.
I neither lost nor won.
Then I shall now ignore your opinion. You lost it when you failed to send your message in the ballot box.
Carry on bleating like a lost lamb on the hillside as much as you like, but if you didn't even vote then you have # all to whinge about for the next 5 years fella.

link   

they all do it for photo op's

They do it becaue is PERSUADES people! And when people are persuaded by such nonsense we lose the real purpose of voting.

just you didn't like the winner. Haha, unlucky.

I neither lost nor won.

You voted for no one therefore it is hard to take any stance that you yourself do not have on politics in any way serious.

At what point did you think this stance gave your opinion any creedence please?
edit on 9/5/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: VoidHawk

Evidence? Explain why cameron stood in front of tv cameras with a baby sheep in his arms! I'll give you a clue, its because he knows sheep follow sheep.

Seriously he did that? WTF..sheep! And they cal themselves politicians...in your face psychopaths.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Evidence? Explain why cameron stood in front of tv cameras with a baby sheep in his arms! I'll give you a clue, its because he knows sheep follow sheep.

Seriously he did that? WTF..sheep! And they cal themselves politicians...in your face psychopaths.

I am truly at a loss here but will endeavour to try and undertand.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I neither lost nor won.
Then I shall now ignore your opinion. You lost it when you failed to send your message in the ballot box.
Carry on bleating like a lost lamb on the hillside as much as you like, but if you didn't even vote then you have # all to whinge about for the next 5 years fella.

How did I know you'd come out with that?

Why should I vote for a party that does not address what I think is important?
Just because there was no party representing what I feel is important does not mean I should remain quiet.
You have a very narrow minded view!
And stop with the insults and swearing.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
I apologize, at first I didn't realize it was about the UK elections. I was coming from a different point of view regarding our broken system of corporate government.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: FyreByrd

Your American system is even more broken!

Why replace a turd we have now with a American turd?

You misunderstand. I'm not saying that the US should take over but that the British People should. I was using the preamble to the US constitution as an example to follow.

Better now.

And I'll quote Howard Zinn on that subject:

Our Machiavellis, our presidential advisers, our assistants for national security, and our secretaries of state insist they serve "the national interest," "national security," and "national defense."

These phrases put everyone in the country under one enormous blanket, camouflaging the differences between the interest of those who run the government and the interest of the average citizen.

The American Declaration of Independence, however, clearly understood that difference of interest between government and citizen.

It says that the purpose of government is to secure certain rights for its citizens-life, liberty, equality, and the pursuit of happiness.

But governments may not fulfill these purposes and so "whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government."

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

You voted for no one therefore it is hard to take any stance that you yourself do not have on politics in any way serious.

Just because there was no party representing what I feel is important does not mean I should remain quiet.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I have to disagree, Although I respect your right not to make a choice I cannot respect you assumed right to complain about the outcome.

This is pretty un argueable really.

You could have made a choice but decided not to, therefore you have no right to complain.
edit on 9/5/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
a reply to: nonspecific
I apologize, at first I didn't realize it was about the UK elections. I was coming from a different point of view regarding our broken system of corporate government.

Fair enough.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Whatever fella, if you didn't even vote tactically for your constituency then you don't deserve my effort to respond to you in a political debate. You wimped out and now you are bleating about a result you played no part in. Lame.
I voted tactically, and in protest.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Well don't be so glum. Here in the U.S.A. we already know who will be our next president. It's like choosing from a menu based on crap.

Me to the waiter/waitress: Hmm, let me see. Should I pick the crap or the crap? Ok ,well let me go for the crap.

Waiter/Waitress: Fine selection Sir. Would you like to have a side of crap as well?

It's a good thing I wasn't taking a pull on my beer when I read your post or you would owe me a new keyboard! Yes, very funny but sad and true. In a country where they raised us old guys on "Anyone can grow up to be president in America", it has sadly degraded into a plutocracy where the crap, as you so accurately called it, takes turns handing the "crown" down to their children, cousins and now wives with the occasional turd thrown in to fool the minorities into thinking that they count too. Of course minorities actually DO rule the USA because there are a helluva lot more of us Have-Nots than there are of the Wealthy Rulers. I am ok with all of that though because, after all, this is the history of our species. The only part that really bothers me is that the Mindless Masses actually think that they are the ones making the choices when what the heck kind of dimwitted Masters would let distracted, consuming, doped up drunken idiots govern themselves anyway? I think I am on THEIR side now because it is far more logical than leaving it all up to dumb chance, don't you think?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Food banks, major cuts, privatisation, tax evasion, zero hours and a whole host of other nefarious Bullingdon proposals...

Well done Britain...

Bra-----Vo!!!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I had no faith in the party I voted for
But do have faith in my local MP who is a member of that party

He is honest and hard working and honourable for the constituency he represents
Of course he must tow his party's line But in matters of his constituency/community he is loyal
Also every time I have approached he has responded and worked on my behalf

His party failed miserably this time round But he was elected as an MP with an increased majority in his constituency
I personally am happy to have him represent my community and feel he will be one to watch for in the future

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Food banks, major cuts, privatisation, tax evasion, zero hours and a whole host of other nefarious Bullingdon proposals...

Well done Britain...

Bra-----Vo!!!

So what would have chosen charlie?

Just curious like

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Unlucky Charlie, that's democracy for ya

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Well done Britain...

Bra-----Vo!!!

So what would have chosen charlie?

Just curious like

The opposite of all those things.

Which I did.

Nevertheless I felt it was worthless anyways.

None of them impressed me in the final week of the campaign.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Unlucky Charlie, that's democracy for ya

I think it's unlucky for all the zero hours contracts workers stuck in shelters using food banks because banks are evading tax while their only means of staying healthy is privatised.

We're all gonna be sick of these pricks within 2 years I guaruntee it...
Then Boris will take over...

See you on the Rolls Royce Ward lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join