It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

democracy fail.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: crazyewok

The torys did not win.

Labour failed.

Correction, the people failed.

I voted tory and I am considered a part of the "people" how did I fail?

You or should I say we failed because you didnt vote the way they wanted.
edit on 9-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Sorry, I stopped at your silly reasoning about Cameron having pics taken with lambs. Lame if that is all you have to suggest the vote wasn't free and fair. All party leaders carried out the same tactics, perhaps such a pic swayed your opinion, but it didn't for me.
...and yes, tough if people are that zombielike, not my problem.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

First past the post was fine until it went the way that some did not want it to.
Hahaha! That is exactly why I'm not whinging that 4.7% of the UK vote gets 56 Scottish Nationalist MP's, but 12.6% of the UK vote results in 1 UKIP MP.
That's democracy in the current system, I accept it, but then I'm more reasoned than blind whingers, every time.

I am pleased that 49.5% of the UK voted for the two parties who stood for a referendum on EU membership for the UK though.
Take the overwhelmingly independence seeking nationalist Scots votes away and it is over 50%.

As I am sure I must have said earlier somewhere the parties that did well were the ones that actually agreed to give the people a choice weather Conservative, UKIP and if we ignore the pretense SNP.

The fact that people voted for parties that did not refuse the people a choice pretty much destroyed the others must say something to even those that oppose them.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The torys did not win.

Labour failed.

I am unsure as what to say about this anymore.

meh.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I admit I started to like edd he seemed like a nice bloke . But his stance on NO to a referedum was deal breaker.

That and I just didnt like the local labour candidate,

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Thank you for the insight. LOL! Either way and either side of the pond we seem to relish in frustration and suffering then we vote for the same over and over again....we just can't get our fill of it:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Why replace a turd we have now with a American turd?

That made me laugh... for a brief moment. Then it just frustrated me because it's true.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The torys did not win.

Labour failed.

meh.

Exactly

Meh

Least we are not the USA, if we were cameron birthers would be appearing claiming hes not a Uk citizen and the anti christ

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

meh.

I'll be honest. If Labour and SNP had won and formed a coalition, I'd also be complaining loudly about how stupid people are and how the country is going to hell in a handbasket as a result.

Then again, I'd probably preface the complaints with "I'm a sore loser who wants to vent a bit" instead of expecting people to read it, slap themselves on the forehead dramatically and yell "OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE!?! WHAT HAVE WE DONE!?!?!"

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Sorry, I stopped at your silly reasoning about Cameron having pics taken with lambs. Lame if that is all you have to suggest the vote wasn't free and fair. All party leaders carried out the same tactics, perhaps such a pic swayed your opinion, but it didn't for me.

If you think my comment about the lamb is "lame" then maybe you'd like to explain why cameron apeared on tv with a lamb? After all, the leader of the uk thought the lamb was important!

Please explain why your leader went on tv with a lamb!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Id be pissed

But I would try and do something constructive to work with my local labour mp to try and getter a better deal.
He would have been sick of me by the next GE but meh

They are still there to represent us the MP.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

meh.

I'll be honest. If Labour and SNP had won and formed a coalition, I'd also be complaining loudly about how stupid people are and how the country is going to hell in a handbasket as a result.

Then again, I'd probably preface the complaints with "I'm a sore loser who wants to vent a bit" instead of expecting people to read it, slap themselves on the forehead dramatically and yell "OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE!?! WHAT HAVE WE DONE!?!?!"

A big star for admiting that mate.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I would like to take a moment if I may in defense of the op.

Only joking the very fact that one party came out on top says that a nation made it happen.

I did not hear much talk of pencils not pens before the election.

First past the post was fine until it went the way that some did not want it to.

Its a scam i tells ya, we wos robbed.

God damn goverment stealing our votes and destroying freedom.

Er, "First past the post" was NOT fine for many of us. UKIP gets 13% of the vote but only one MP - and that was a former conservative who joined UKIP!! Meanwhile, the Scottish Nationalists get 56 MPs with 2% of the national vote. Call that democracy? It's ludicrous! Totally unfair and meaningless. This is NOT sour gripes because the wrong party won. The fact is , our totally undemocratic voting system delived a government whom the vast majority of British people do not support. As usual. And THAT is a non-partisan fact.

Until the voting system is changed to proportional representation or something similar, I shall never vote again. What we have is a French farce where everything that has happened could easily have turned out differently if another voting system had been in effect. Nothing is real about politics. The election result is just an arbitrary artifact of an unfair voting system.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If you think my comment about the lamb is "lame" then maybe you'd like to explain why cameron apeared on tv with a lamb? After all, the leader of the uk thought the lamb was important!

Please explain why your leader went on tv with a lamb!

Maybe to win the welch vote ?

Hell Milliband meet with brand

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Labour failed, pure and simple and if there was an election to lose, it was probably this one. The Tories have a very tough time ahead, with such a small minority. Some big decisions over membership of the E.U, new tax legislation to catch the tax avoiders/evaders and financing the subsidy for child care.

Of course, expect to see Food Banks increase in numbers, more market testing of public services, deep cutting welfare reform, constitutional changes to parliament regarding constituency boundaries and employment legislation favouring employers.

edit on 9/5/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Same reason Clegg was filmed with play dough and kids at a nursery and Millipede offered money to a homeless person.
If that's the only argument you have I'll leave you to it. Ridiculous lol, they all do it for photo op's, just you didn't like the winner. Haha, unlucky.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Evidence? Explain why cameron stood in front of tv cameras with a baby sheep in his arms! I'll give you a clue, its because he knows sheep follow sheep.

Seriously he did that? WTF..sheep! And they cal themselves politicians...in your face psychopaths.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

I would like to take a moment if I may in defense of the op.

Only joking the very fact that one party came out on top says that a nation made it happen.

I did not hear much talk of pencils not pens before the election.

Its a scam i tells ya, we wos robbed.

God damn goverment stealing our votes and destroying freedom.

Er, "First past the post" was NOT fine for many of us. UKIP gets 13% of the vote but only one MP - and that was a former conservative who joined UKIP!! Meanwhile, the Scottish Nationalists get 56 MPs with 2% of the national vote. Call that democracy? It's ludicrous! Totally unfair and meaningless. This is NOT sour gripes because the wrong party won. The fact is , our totally undemocratic voting system delived a government whom the vast majority of British people do not support. As usual. And THAT is a non-partisan fact.

Until the voting system is changed to proportional representation or something similar, I shall never vote again. What we have is a French farce where everything that has happened could easily have turned out differently if another voting system had been in effect. Nothing is real about politics. The election result is just an arbitrary artifact of an unfair voting system.

As you are never voting again it seem somewhat pointless in considering your opinion.

PLease refer me to your active posts regarding how this system was unaceptable prior to the results of this election, I must have missed them.

I assume you voted for AV in the 2011 referendum, I think you may have been right in your decision.

Of course everything would have been different with a different voting system but unless you do something about it that will not change.

I personally agree with fptp and as someone that will continue to vote I am happy with this.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

when all political, rational, reasonable and reasoned
avenues ofasses.

the true course is revolution. anything else is just
pissing into the wind.

In the light of the cover up of the recent "pedophilia in high places" why even bother to vote - a revolution is the only logical way of protest.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
when all political, rational, reasonable and reasoned
avenues of opposition to oppression are denied or
proven to be fraudulently inneficient, when all hope
of dignity is taken away, when all faith in the political
system is extinguished and proven to have been in
fact only an idealistic fantasy, when it finally becomes
clear that the notion of 'fairness' is a dream cherished
only by those to whom it is disallowed, only then might
the true course of action necessary to change the rise
of oppression be understood by the masses.

the true course is revolution. anything else is just
pissing into the wind.

That's a very long-winded way to say that you're a sore loser.

I appreciate that you are probably upset your political party of choice did not win the election, but why should that invalidate the opinions of the greater number of people who actively voted for them?

If more people voted for the Conservatives than any other party, and the Conservatives won the election as a result, that's hardly "fraudulently inefficient".

Assumption Much?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join