It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the next possible Scotish referendum involve the whole of the UK and not just Scotland?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Dude, the OP was just simply asking:

Why can the rest of the UK not have a say in a vote over Scottish independence?

Now yes I suppose its not quite a crystal clear as that in the OP but you're a clever enough cookie to work it out, but as far as I can tell you have not really answered the question just went on a tangent about Canada and brought down the OP.

How about we all just focus on the question the OP asked, there is no agenda at play.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Fine. I'll break it down. There's people in Scotland that want out and hate you. There's Brits that want the Scots out and hate them too. The majority wants the status quo. It isn't news. Those people tend to be VOCAL and in the minority. If you allow the politicos to use that against you.... shame on you. You can see this working elsewhere.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: nonspecific
I seem to have angered you in some way? you seem intent on making my OP a negative thing, as I have said it was an abstract? A question to ask to see what the responses were.

Angered? Not at all. It's incongruous with logic though. "I'm just asking a question..." crap. Let's be honest here. You ARE saying something here. What is it? Lay it on the line.

I am asking if that if another referendum is called for the independance of Scotland then should it be something that should be open to all members of the UK to decide?

As in should it be for everyone to decide based on how it will affect the UK as a whole as opposed to a closed vote for anyone that happens to live in Scotland at the time of any future referendum.

That is all nothing more.

thats it, given that you have already said that as a Canadian you say that your answer is no I am at a loss as what else to say.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Fine. I'll break it down. There's people in Scotland that want out and hate you. There's Brits that want the Scots out and hate them too. The majority wants the status quo. It isn't news. Those people tend to be VOCAL and in the minority. If you allow the politicos to use that against you.... shame on you. You can see this working elsewhere.

Who's hating who?

Who's bieng VOCAL here?

Who's putting shame on who for asking a question?

Really I do not understand this at all?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Its really quite obvious based on that comment you have very little understanding of the political mind set in Scotland right now.

Sure there are some who have a "we hate them" mentality but they are a minority.

Scottish independence is not about us hating rUK or them hating us.

Its about doing what is best for the nation of Scotland, its almost insulting for you to try to argue this is all about "hate".

Aside from that you again fail to answer the OP's question.
edit on 9-5-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No I didn't. I said that a sovereign nation makes it's own way. I was pointing out the inherent dislike of some people for the other. Seems like you guys got some # to work out. We'll wait for you.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No I didn't. I said that a sovereign nation makes it's own way. I was pointing out the inherent dislike of some people for the other. Seems like you guys got some # to work out. We'll wait for you.

I still fail to see your anger in this thread?

This is a question regarding a UK specific issue that we were on the whole dealing with in a pretty adult and proper manner yet you seem to be bringing insults and antagonisic, may I say condesending comments to with little or no need.

I feel the need to ask you to explain your actions regarding this attitude if I may?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I said that a sovereign nation makes it's own way.

I think that is the first time on this thread you have actually said that.

Besides Scotland is not a sovereign nation, the vote would have aloud us to become one however.

The OP is asking if the rest of the UK should have a say on that matter.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

This is a question regarding a UK specific issue that we were on the whole dealing with in a pretty adult and proper manner yet you seem to be bringing insults and antagonisic, may I say condesending comments to with little or no need.

There are no insults. Please don't play that American ploy. "Oh poor me." It doesn't work.

And no. This isn't a "UK" thread.. It's an English thread. Yeah, new world dude gets it.

I feel the need to ask you to explain your actions regarding this attitude if I may?

Logic is missing.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I think you are making the presumption that the OP is anti-Scottish and just wants to kick us out.

That is not quite the case, there are quite a lot of legitimate reasons that rUK would have for wanting Scotland to be independent, then again their are also lots of reasons against this.

EDIT:

OP, just noticed the typo in your title....

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

There are no insults. Please don't play that American ploy. "Oh poor me." It doesn't work.

And no. This isn't a "UK" thread.. It's an English thread. Yeah, new world dude gets it.

Logic is missing.

I can only assume you are looking to be correct in this issue.

I asked about an issue that affects UK members but was interested in opinions from other members as I enjoy insight.

You made your status on this known pages ago yet seem intent on pushing your own moraly superior opinion when it has no value to the thread.

As I said I fail to see how your contribution to this thread is in anyway benificial after your earlier statements were made?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I think you are making the presumption that the OP is anti-Scottish and just wants to kick us out.

That is not quite the case, there are quite a lot of legitimate reasons that rUK would have for wanting Scotland to be independent, then again their are also lots of reasons against this.

EDIT:

OP, just noticed the typo in your title....

Oooh you did it again, GOS will not be happy at that

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

What's the sound of one hand clapping? Seems like that's what you want. Guess what? It's a big world and some of us read....A LOT. Some of us even have personal experience.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

What's the sound of one hand clapping? Seems like that's what you want. Guess what? It's a big world and some of us read....A LOT. Some of us even have personal experience.

I still do not get what you are trying to say? one hand clapping? you read? you have personal experience?

Well done on all those things but I genuinley do not understand what you are trying to achive?

Moral superiority? you can have that if it makes you feel good I just don't know what it is you are trying to achive by this?

Gimme a clue please, or at least go back on topic, throw me a little bone??

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I seriously do not have a clue what you are talking about now.....

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I seriously do not have a clue what you are talking about now.....

So i'ts not just me then?

And just to clarify I am English, your Scotish and we disagree on this particualr topic yes??

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm saying there is a smaller percentage of people that want to screw with the status quo. I'm also saying that it won't be successful. FINALLY.... stop bitching at each other.... PLEASE!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I'm saying there is a smaller percentage of people that want to screw with the status quo. I'm also saying that it won't be successful. FINALLY.... stop bitching at each other.... PLEASE!

We are not bitching, we are discussing possibilities?

You are the only one here using profanity and telling others what they should do and think?

We were just talking about stuff until you came along with a morally supiror attitude and agression.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Spare me. You are talking about throwing Scotland out....if you could. I read the OP.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Spare me. You are talking about throwing Scotland out....if you could. I read the OP.

You are seriously misunderstanding the OP

He is asking if rUK should have a say in any future Scottish independence referendum

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join