It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the next possible Scotish referendum involve the whole of the UK and not just Scotland?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: nonspecific
My question is simple. After a no vote last time should any future referendum involve the whole of the UK as 3 other nations never had a chance to voice there opinion on weather Scotland should remain a part of the UK.

I have never come across a situation where a larger party kicked out another. Australia maybe.

So have you come across this or not? maybe

It is a union of nations, if one has the right to decide if they should leave is it not reasonable that the others should be able to decide if they can stay if they feel they are no longer a benifit to the union?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
I'm a stokie andhave much more in common with those up north than the lager shandy drinking pussies further south
See, more childish and silly remarks about an entire region of the UK. Pathetic.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: intrepid

Our voting system is fundamentally flawed
We do not have proportional representation

I'm Canadian. I am well versed on your political makeup. Hell, my Mum is a Brit. From the Lake District.

link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
Ban all 'shortbread tin' potted history eh?

I have friends who are unable to differentiate between fiction, historical fact and religous bigotry?
Happily waving a saltire while cheering Alba cu'Brath, Bonnie Prince Charlie and a kilt worn on special occasions.
But....try to explain that Charles was the Catholic side of an argument and toys are launched from the pram and that doesnt tie in with their views on religion!!!

Think of England NOW, not as it was when shafting the unfaithful at Acre eh?

link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

I agree ... and it has been suggested we just build a Moat around London or the square mile perhaps

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

PS I am from Yorkshire

You can live in scotland now and even if they leave the UK are permitted to stay as far as I know.

I have English friends who live there and even Spanish and Italian and they were all included in the refendum vote.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes...Please Please Please do....and we'll have that bit of international water you stole back as well.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Maxatoria
I'm a stokie andhave much more in common with those up north than the lager shandy drinking pussies further south
See, more childish and silly remarks about an entire region of the UK. Pathetic.

I missed the relavance to the thread in question there.

Maybe I should try and keep up but then I'm just a shandy drinking southerner.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

My question is simple. After a no vote last time should any future referendum involve the whole of the UK as 3 other nations never had a chance to voice there opinion on weather Scotland should remain a part of the UK.

I have never come across a situation where a larger party kicked out another. Australia maybe.

It is a union of nations, if one has the right to decide if they should leave is it not reasonable that the others should be able to decide if they can stay if they feel they are no longer a benifit to the union?

No. This is about whether to remain. Like I have said, I know of not incident where a country got kicked out. Isn't this exactly what you were saying in another thread though? Get rid of them before a referendum in continued EU participation? Sounds like a close vote and you want it further in your opinions pocket. That's taking a nations own direction away from itself.

link   

I'm Canadian. I am well versed on your political makeup. Hell, my Mum is a Brit. From the Lake District.

Well your practically English then
Or Scottish if the North were to join them

I wanted to be Canadian .... spent all last Summer there once they finally let me in ... But to become Canadian for me is almost impossible ... unless I just disappeared into the forest ... which did cross my mind lol
edit on 9-5-2015 by artistpoet because: y

link   

a reply to: Maxatoria

I agree ... and it has been suggested we just build a Moat around London or the square mile perhaps

I would fill that moat with Petrol...Whooooomfff

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Yes...Please Please Please do....and we'll have that bit of international water you stole back as well.

Was that in reference to the OP or a different post?

And either way to which is the water you are reffering to, It would help the flow of the thread if we all knew what we were talking about?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You've obviously been watching Braveheart a lot ... Yeah Freeeeedom

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

No. This is about whether to remain. Like I have said, I know of not incident where a country got kicked out. Isn't this exactly what you were saying in another thread though? Get rid of them before a referendum in continued EU participation? Sounds like a close vote and you want it further in your opinions pocket. That's taking a nations own direction away from itself.

Nope not me in the other thread.

My question was entirely different and an attempt at a decent debate about the future of the UK and how it can move forward in what is often called interesting times.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well your practically English then
Or Scottish if the North were to join them

I wanted to be Canadian .... spent all last Summer there once they finally let me in ... But to become Canadian for me is almost impossible ... unless I just disappeared into the forest ... which did cross my mind lol

There's a lot of unnecessary BS between mother and son. My Mum can't even get a travel permit to go back home. I have NO idea why.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yes I came across a married couple ... The lady was Canadian and the Guy not such a rigmarole ... he kept having to leave Canada and then go back in

Something is not right for sure ... Is your Mother Canadian or English or dual nationaliity

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

And either way to which is the water you are reffering to, It would help the flow of the thread if we all knew what we were talking about?

It was a reference to the OP...As for the reference to Water boundary change..See.. HERE

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Isn't this exactly what you were saying in another thread though? Get rid of them before a referendum in continued EU participation?
Nope, that is my thread, and please don't give incorrect added value to the message there.
I want the Scots to leave quickly if that's what they want, not drag it out for another 5 years whinging with a party that has pretty much zero power in a Unionist majority Westminster government..
I have always said it should be the decision of the Scots alone, just get it over with quickly.

link   

Something is not right for sure ... Is your Mother Canadian or English or dual nationaliity

You know? Damned if I know but I never heard her say she gave up her British citizenship. We're getting a bit off topic though.

link   

It was a reference to the OP...As for the reference to Water boundary change..See.. HERE

Ahh ok thanks for that. As long as we all know what we are talking about.

Getting back to the OP then would I be right in thinking that you would be in favour of the whole of the UK having a say in Scotish independance and do you feel that it would benifit your stance on this?

If so tell us why!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join