It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lordy Lordy, what a chump Mike Bara is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Mike Bara just got a new book published -- Ancient Aliens & Secret Societies. Typically, it's full of utter rubbish. Here's the best example: He still insists that NASA obeys astrology when timing mission events like launches and landings. He writes that NASA times events when any of five stars are at any of five elevations as seen from some place like Houston or The Cape. The stars are Sirius, Regulus, and the belt stars of Orion. The elevations are -33°, -19.5°, 0, 19.5° and 33°.

He writes " NASA continues to follow these rituals to this day, on virtually every mission they undertake."

So what modern (i.e. post-Apollo) examples does he provide, to prove his point? Shuttle launch times, maybe? The landing of Curiosity on Mars, perhaps??

No -- the answer is NONE AT ALL.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Asertus

he sounds like an idiot...but whats this got to do with chemtrails and geo-engineering?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Mike Bara is connected with the hoaxer Richard Hougland. They both try to pedal their garbage to the suckers in ufology and when confronted by real experts and scientists, they ignore and dismiss them.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So what you are saying is that hes WILDLY popular here on ATS?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

So what you are saying is that hes WILDLY popular here on ATS?

No, not so much.

ATS used to be a site where you could have fun exploring fantastic claims and conspiracy theories, but it's become more similar to the old man on the internet that yells "get off me lawn".

Takes the fun right out of it.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Mike Bara is connected with the hoaxer Richard Hougland. They both try to pedal their garbage to the suckers in ufology and when confronted by real experts and scientists, they ignore and dismiss them.

I am interested in your claims about Richard HOAGLAND. Can you provide citations for this claim? I'm glad to read all about it in any links you can provide, thanks.

/no bs, really want to read.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

Link

Here's a link to Bad Astronomy where HOAGLAND is taken to task by a PHD astronomer.

You can also go to his enterprise mission/ site and read some of his claims there.

He has some real doozies that can be debunked easily. His main tactic is to use 2nd and 3rd generation pics and blow them up so he can find straight lines and patterns that can be claimed to be "glass domes" on the moon.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

cheers, will take a look

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

There are tons and tons of stories about both Hoagland and Bara at this address:
dorkmission.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The latest Mike Bara idiocy, reacting to the NASA announcement of brine flows on Mars:

"I was I think the first person in the world that said that's what it was"

From Jimmy Church's Fade to Black podcast, 28 Sept 2015.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I dunno, i doubt that NASA follows these rituals during ever launch, but maybe they had some kind of schedule around events before maybe not the one he was talking about but who knows?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: King Seesar
I dunno, i doubt that NASA follows these rituals during ever launch, but maybe they had some kind of schedule around events before maybe not the one he was talking about but who knows?

James Oberg knows, that's who. Oberg actually worked on Shuttle launch criteria. He'll correct me if I'm off, but I believe he thinks the so-called "Ritual Alignment Model" is a ridiculous joke. Launch windows are entirely dictated by factors like rendezvous times, lighting conditions in orbit, fuel economy... The idea that some high NASA mucky-muck would dictate adherence to astrology is simply preposterous.

top topics

join