It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky ‘free range’ family loses custody of 10 kids over apparent ‘unschooling’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
"we have to break through our private idea that kids belong to parents, or kids belong to their families, and recognize that kids belong to whole communities"

Lie 1 "kids belonging to parents -" we were taught in primary school that "kids" was used to denote sheep, goats. Thats right they're not your sheep.

Lie 2 or to their family - partly a lie - they are sovereign natural born humans with dignity

Lie 3 - "belong to communities" what she is really saying is that in her mind she knows they belong to the STATE.

When will this rotten anti-human rot stop!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Just watched your video. Yes, that's a little alarming. BUT - it isn't a "hoarder" situation. It doesn't appear to be infested with vermin.
There are many successful off-gridders out there. And when you think about how things might go - and are, actually going, for many formerly employed people - "tent cities" and "tent domiciles" are not that unusual.
It's like permanent "camping." And we ALL might have to do that one of these days.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

CHILDREN are not "property."
That is all I have to say on that matter.
The future of our society will show the results.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

AWESOME.

Glad to hear it.
Now - the issue will become whether or not it is some carefully scripted "scheme" to do a gofundme, like the idiot mechanic who got shut down.
I'd be ever so delighted if the community can come together.

Anyway - I guess we'll see how it plays out.

edit on 5/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

sigh. Really, it seems so "Jerry Springer" or "reality tv"........

I don't know what the hell to take seriously anymore!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I get accused of pushing my point too long in a thread. So I'll make this last comment and bow out.

I'm sure arguments can be made on each individual point of the situation. It's just for me that when you look at all those separate points together it becomes even more alarming to me.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I get accused of pushing my point too long in a thread. So I'll make this last comment and bow out.

I think your points have been well-taken and very appropriate. I hope you reconsider bowing out.

I'm sure arguments can be made on each individual point of the situation. It's just for me that when you look at all those separate points together it becomes even more alarming to me.

And I agree with you.
It is certainly alarming.

I hope you understand that your participation here has been very significant. And, I hope you will at least keep track, and feel free to keep us all up to date as things develop in your area.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Children are not "property." They belong to the human race.

hahahahaha

You did it - "they belong to the human race"

ie they need a social security number from birth, "free education" work, pay your taxes then die.

key word - "Belong" - You for all your "care" for the children - have bought into the Matrix-illusion.

I dont mean to single you out - but that unquestioned thinking is part of the problem.

Belong to the human race
Belong to a community
Belong to a Nation
Belong in the game of "Us and Them"
Belong to US (community - not the USA) - the STATE
Go to war - keep the machine fed.
Its for the children.

No human should belong to any other human -

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Read, absorb, experience, process, discard, juxtapose, hypothesize, deduce, and finally, understand. Most people are idiots because they do this: Read, absorb, pontificate - and not always in that order.

You sir a genius as you state. Thanks for humbling me and making it "real"

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

hahahahaha

You did it - "they belong to the human race"

ie they need a social security number from birth, "free education" work, pay your taxes then die.

key word - "Belong" - You for all your "care" for the children - have bought into the Matrix-illusion.

I dont mean to single you out - but that unquestioned thinking is part of the problem.

You totally misinterpreted what I said.
Yes, I used the word "belong" - I meant it as not being 'aliens'. As not being 'outsiders' or 'illegals' or 'illegitimate' or 'chattel.'

Every living person needs to have a sense of "belonging" - they need support and community. A sense of BELONGING.

No human should belong to any other human -

And they don't.
That's what I was trying to say. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Every living person needs to have a sense of "belonging" - they need support and community. A sense of BELONGING.

(from TheConstruKctionofLight No human should belong to any other human -)

And they don't.
That's what I was trying to say. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Thats fine - I really think we have to "unthink" a lot of the illusion we have been spoon fed since childbirth if we are to mature as a "society" of thinking rational caring humans.

I tend to go along if memory serves with EternalSolaces thinking ie Leave them alone if guns weren't brandished by the Family at first contact with the police as the police seem genuinely concerned.

My biggests problem is with this idea that we live in a balanced healthy society where a "curriculum" and regimented education system at the point of sanctions and removal by the State for non attendance where there is evidence of "home schooling" becomes standard operating procedure. Question everything, even your neighbours and educators when it comes to the welfare of your own children.

and I also was a "subject" when my infant son turned up with a fractured leg after coming home from daycare.

So I see that even though I may disagree with some of your posts you have felt the "authorities" coming down on you. I can only imagine how hard that must have been. We live in a scary world.

I cant find it right now but there is a recent ATS thread about a Father of 3 who took a picture outside a gift shop in front of a Star Wars poster in Australia and because there were children nearby was accused of being a pedophile by some lazy do gooder on Facebook.

Scary world indeed.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is actually a pretty easy one to understand. As long as you understand that children are no longer being educated in schools these days they are being indoctrinated. The children from this family are not being indoctrinated at the public schools. So therefore they must be removed from their parents and turned over to the state for education/indoctrination. All of this is of course to save the children.Parents can have no rights to their children if they do not comply with the govt.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

In child protective investigations they usually interview the children away from the parents. Ironically enough usually at school.It is legal because the goal is to "protect" the child... I use that word but doubt that's the goal in most situations

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

S & F because you made some excellent points about families rights and taking time to look at the whole picture.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I read this out loud to my husband who has been a teacher for several years. He said that they probably took the kids because they can't have these parents showing up the public education system. He guarantees these kids would out score public school students.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
I read this out loud to my husband who has been a teacher for several years. He said that they probably took the kids because they can't have these parents showing up the public education system. He guarantees these kids would out score public school students.

Sometimes conspiracy thinking is just stupid

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I am not sure where you are going with that statement. Is it a positive or negative response to my statement.

If it is negative. I can tell you that over the last few years my husbands biggest complaint has been not being allowed to teach. That he is only allowed to have his students memorize facts without ever teaching them how to apply what they learn. He is a allowed to teach them 2+2=4 but is told he is wasting the students time by teaching them why. These children have the opportunity to learn how to think in an education system that teaches memorize and forget.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Lmao leave it to US authorities to break up the "Blessed Little Homestead".

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Anyone could be posting to their blogs, no way to know if it's really the kids or not. There could have been other complaints not publicized so we don't know the whole history. Living off-grid usually indicates self-sufficiency and, to me, that doesn't include depending on neighbors to provide something essential for existance like water. It certainly doesn't include threatening someone with violence if they refuse to provide for your family. I keep seeing people brush past this as if it is unimportant when , to me, it seems like a crucial basic necessity. Electricity is not essential to healthy life but clean water is.

The neighbor could be lying. Or the father could be a complete douche and this incident was the last straw for the neighbor. If the account is true, then the father is teaching his kids that they should threaten people in order to get what they want.

Bottom line- the public does not have all the facts. Hard to take one side over the other without the full (non-agenda-driven) story.

There are enough of them that they could clean up, at least. Living natural doesn't equal living in a dump.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

HI, my mom homeschooled my 2 little sisters and brother for many years, she had her curriculum approved by the board of education, it was Abeka curriculum, and eventually they did rejoin public schools, they were put in a grade ahead of their fellow students. They experienced being bullied, but due to their socializing skills, they eventually fit in and only other issue was teachers, because my siblings had been taught to think critically and question everything though again eventually, programs were made to help them adapt. Now my 2 sisters both went to college, and my little brother is attending this year! HOMESCHOOLING IS AWESOME for anyone who has the time and patience to do it. I think this is a crime being committed against this family, and I personally am outraged. I myself am an English teacher in North Africa.

edit on 10-5-2015 by CottonwoodStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've seen the difference in homeschooled vs public schooled humans.

One of the smartest girls I know (Also happens to be a ditsy blonde at times- which always catches me off guard) was home schooled.
She's around 30 years old, now, but I've known her since I was maybe ten.

She plays at least a dozen instruments well, and is constantly doing the band thing. She's going back to school to get that worthless four year degree- next math class in line for her is calculus, and she's excited for it.
Five years back, she got me a job with a company she worked for- in exchange, I taught her how to do my job. It took her two years to learn enough to take off on her own, and has since doubled her income.

I also know dozens of other people in the same age group- some of which only recently getting their first jobs that require a skill (not just washing dishes, flipping burgers, stocking shelves, etc)

Home school is parents teaching their children, public school is strangers herding gaggles of children through a system designed to look good on paper.

The problem isn't homeschooling- the problem is that adults are all too busy working for the man (Currently, over 50% of every dollar I earn goes to taxes- and more still goes to baking interest, and some percentage of what's left is spent just to keep up with appearances to stay under the radar) to raise their damn kids.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join