It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever encountered a Sociopath?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly
having these traits and surviving with them is reflectant on the life you have been dealt, what armour the events in your life have given you, yes i always feel like people have wronged me but i learnt from the age of six when my mother abandoned me to not care, and yes i have loved my missus for 28 years.Sociopathy is not a condition that you can reel off a tick list, it is slightly different for everyone, I myself manifest in a more anti society manner and feel that everybody is an idiot, not just an idiot but moronic and like drones put here for me as part of the flora and fauna of this planet, i hate society and every part of the traditions and social expectations that are expected, I look at people trying to meet these and all following along and it physically makes me want to puke, but I am better than them. hope this helps

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: starswift

thank you for sharing
the sudden attack is scary
So is it a medical condition or what the hell?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: THELONIO

that I understand
I also understand the coping mechanism

but why punish the one who understands you

but that is rethorical question for you as u were capable of liking someone
edit on 10-5-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

that is one efed up story

actually some stories here make me sick to my stomach

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

is she in jail?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
my last bf tried to burn me alive does that sound like a soscopath...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

being a sociopath does not mean you are incapable of caring, it is all a matter of the brain, everybody is different, the bipolar is harder to deal with. Think of mental disorders as mind altering narcotics, while one can affect you one way, another can balance the affect of the others, a cocktail of disorders if just right can be an amazing feeling at times, but when one of them dominates it is hard to cope at times, then it comes down to strength of mind and focus, if you believethat you are mad you will be mad, learn to harness the power it can give you, everything has an up side and a down, its up to you where you focus

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I have already posted to you to go forward and never look back.

The reason being, in my case of months of to and froing, forgiving

and finding out the lies and so on. With little or no self esteem

left and at the lowest I had ever been in my life I made my final,

FINAL decision to move on.

Realising he had lost ... his parting words to me were "Who do

you think will ever want you now? I've had the best years of your

life your finished, I'll see you on your knee's"

And you know what .... with those words he inadvertently gave

me what I needed, the resolve and the strength, because I

determined that no one, least of all 'HIM' would ever see me on

my knees.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

no need
from ats replies
it is obvious

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

yes I do understand

I just think a true definition of a sociopath is someone who doesn't care about nothing but them selfs

so no they are incapable of caring

meaning what ever we want to label the person

maybe you are right and sociopath is an incorrect term

but there are people like that

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

what a #face

seriously

I know it is a lost battle to fight and there is nothing I want to fight

discussing it here is a great start to not turn there

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shells4u

another idiot who should be locked up

that is seriously messed up

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
They are people who are great mimics of normal behaviour but have no conscience, and literally feel no remorse over killing, but often clever enough to avoid criminal activity. They can be very damaging as they have a total disregard. If you can see behind the mask, they very carefully studying you to see how they could manipulate you. If it serves their self interest and they thought they could make your death appear to be an accident they wouldn't hesitate for a second. The mass homicides you see are such individuals who couldn't mask their true nature any longer and decided to go out in a blaze of glory. More common than you may realize. At some time in your life they may be a co worker, friend, lover, parent, sibling, boss, etc. statistically there is a pretty good chance of that.

edit on 10-5-2015 by starswift because: corrections

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

yes I do understand

I just think a true definition of a sociopath is someone who doesn't care about nothing but them selfs

so no they are incapable of caring

meaning what ever we want to label the person

maybe you are right and sociopath is an incorrect term

but there are people like that

I might suggest that the fact that a self-proclaimed 'sociopath' has offered to help you on this thread by answering your questions, is an example of potential altruism and would tend to counter your point that sociopaths are "incapable of caring".

edit on 10-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
She was sentenced to 25 years and got out on parole in 2008. So, she is cruising a bar near someone.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shells4u
That would be them! They have no feelings of empathy or guilt. None. So, when they do something it is not the ability for normal thinking persons to even understand how they think and operate. You have a different mechanism on board than a sociopath. My problem is trying to identify them up front. It has usually been after quite some time that you figure out they have a serious problem. Make great soldiers though because they don't have the feelings you would expect one to have. I am pretty sure that is why some soldiers (who have seen actually combat and death) seem to be able to deal with it fine and some have real bad PTSD. I never heard any professional say that, but that is just a theory of mine. Like my ex, she literally doesn't understand why I am 'still mad' at her. I am not mad, just don't want her in my vicinity. They do not have the capability to understand they are responsible, harmful, etc. imho.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Interesting. My ex was also bipolar. Maybe from what you are saying that could be an aggravating condition to a sociopath?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Excellent! I learned a term in my unit of FIDO! It means F It Drive On. In case of combat or many things in life, things get ugly and can quick. Don't get stuck on that problem and move on. I too had to deal with the lies and unlimited BS. You know, she would be fine if life was in disarray and dangerous. She seemed to live for the excitement. I worked in a deep cover position and had a lot of what normal people would think of as extreme life threatening situations in my life. But, when everything was solid and normal, she created her own disasters. My father often said she ran on a 3 month cycle of destruction. And when everything was going along fine. I am always amazed about reading in a book about them and their behavior. It was so precise about the way my ex was that I literally felt like they must have been studying her when they wrote it.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: starswift

You are exactly right. What sparked my divorce was the fact that my ex had been out doing criminal activity and they came to me and told me they had felony warrants for her arrest, but would not arrest her because she was my wife and they felt it may cause me to crack in my position I was in at the time which could have been disastrous. Once I was done with the current assignment, I filed for divorce. She managed to beat every case they had on her at that time.

She did have a flaw that I discovered. No matter what, when she caused a disaster she always made her lie come out because she would throw in some preposterous detail that you could prove never happened. Of course she then had the excuse that the police didn't write what she actually said and the statement or report was wrong. Many cases were closed as UNFOUNDED. I caught her plotting the demise of a friend's wife one time because she had got it in her mind that she was trying to have an affair with me. It couldn't be further from the truth and I had only seen her a few times when we were all together at a gathering. I was married, had two daughters and not only had the most high pressure situation I ever experienced going on in my work, but I had her doing things to cause even more insanity to go on. And she had to be armed and trained to carry due to being my wife. If I only could have seen it up front, then I could have avoided a catastrophic in life.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I know 2 diagnosed bipolar people and they have no traits of a sociopath

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join