It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever encountered a Sociopath?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
A true sociopath can be very dangerous, When you totally cut them out of your life! Once they know they can't weasel back in. They can become violent ,or sabotage your life in some other way. Just because you are no longer useful to them. Please take precautions and be careful!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

i meant that from the ethics or nature of the trait they are eachothers opposite and both are what they are good or bad

that is why I said I don't understand

for example

a guy sees in front of them a woman who got slapped across the face by some douche. so he punches the guy back

what emotion was the person feeling for the woman

and I think sympathy would be the in effective in animal world

like some animal mother taking on babies who are of different spieces and other similar stories of animal heroism

edit on 9-5-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24

very true apparently

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

I knew someone with many of those characteristics, I've spent a lot of time trying to analyse exactly: psycopath, sociopath, narcissist, sadist?

Eventually, I stuck with my own diagnosis: Absolutely thick, just aware enough to realise it, huge inferiority complex caused by such, need to appear to be smart but the only way to attain it is by belittling someone else, use of belligerence to mask own lack of intelligence, eventual glee at their own perceived cleverness if ever they attain such a state (in their own mind).

I found the only way to deal with it was to fight back - and hard. I'd rather be in a relationship than WW3, but if a war is where I find myself, then I'll fight.

You have to accept that you won't win all the battles, you'll lose a few. Sometimes you have to be content with knowing that the other person knows they've been in a fight.

The object is to win the War.

If you've got away and you stay away, if you've managed to keep the other person away, then you're on the road to winning.

The next step is your recovery.

And don't look back. Don't worry about how the other person is doing. You don't care if they miss you or if they're sorry.

Have you heard the saying that the best revenge is to live well? That's what you need to do.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm currently doing some light reading... DSM -5 made some changes that effect my children on the Autism Spectrum. You should check and see if the changes had any effect on "sociopath ".

Honestly its like I have to relearn their medical charts. Some things have different names, others have different criteria. My children now have more serious diagnosis due to stigma going with some mental health illnesses.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

fyi I liked and stucked to ur description
because it doesn't judge the person
but just describes a person who lacks empathy (i think). for this threat so it can be discussed from people who dealt with one or just give an opinion
I want as many perspectives as possible
as I am trying to understand it from psychological point of view but because I am personally involved this time.

I am stating this so you or others logically breaking it down for me or trying to help or pleasantlty lighting it up know that i appreciate it all.. (rational and crazy or emotional point of view)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Does this person have ADD, ADHD,or mild Asbergers?
If so...are they taking Adderall or any other medication for it?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Many years ago...I was visiting some friends in Canada...(I live in U.S.)...they lived near a park...one afternoon I went for a walk in the park and was enjoying the beautiful day and people watching...a man approached me with one of his arms in a cast...he was attractive, well groomed and pleasant...he pointed to his car which was a white VW Bug and asked me if I would help him put some items in his car because with his broken arm it was hard for him to manage...I was always taught that the eyes were the mirror of the soul...and I stood silent and looked into his eyes and I saw hate...so I looked at him and said..."you have one good arm; do it yourself" and I walked away back to my friends house. This happened in 1970 ...fast forward 15 years later in 1985... I borrowed a book from some friends about (Ted Bundy) in the book it had several photos of him...and I recognized him... it was the man who had approached me 15 years earlier in that Canada park. So yes...I have met a Sociopath.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Many years ago...I was visiting some friends in Canada...(I live in U.S.)...they lived near a park...one afternoon I went for a walk in the park and was enjoying the beautiful day and people watching...a man approached me with one of his arms in a cast...he was attractive, well groomed and pleasant...he pointed to his car which was a white VW Bug and asked me if I would help him put some items in his car because with his broken arm it was hard for him to manage...I was always taught that the eyes were the mirror of the soul...and I stood silent and looked into his eyes and I saw hate...so I looked at him and said..."you have one good arm; do it yourself" and I walked away back to my friends house. This happened in 1970 ...fast forward 15 years later in 1985... I borrowed a book from some friends about (Ted Bundy) in the book it had several photos of him...and I recognized him... it was the man who had approached me 15 years earlier in that Canada park. So yes...I have met a Sociopath.

Damn. That was an amazing story.
You are so fortunate to have such great instincts.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

I am just trying to not make a mistake

I am out and moving on because it is what i am doing, but that move can be misinterpreted by a sociopath

I don't know how to proceed

On one hand I want this to be clear to them because they in their little head think that they have control on the other hand I know there is no point to that but i can't stand the fact they think they won

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

yes
but knowing a few add people no I can not say that is why as I know add person completely devoted to love

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Damn. That was an amazing story.
You are so fortunate to have such great instincts.

15 years later when I realized who had approached me...I was shaken...even though it was 45 years ago...something like that you just don't forget. It was a deep intuitive feeling when I refused him...I am so glad I did...or I may have not been here today.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Yes I have. I've worked for people like that.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

oh my god
oh holly #
seriously no way Jesus wow and omg
no way
........... no words!!!!! that person about bundy is in the actual movie from memory too

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

This scene is kinda similar!

edit on 9-5-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Asbergers is no longer a thing... DSM -5

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I am not sure what to make of your reply to me...what I have stated really happened to me.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

it says my device can't open the vid
can I search it somehow else?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You are very, very lucky. Always trust your instincts. I'm glad that you didn't go with him.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I am glad I didn't go with him either. Thank you for your response.

Response to: Skidmark

edit on 2015-05-09T10:34:42-05:00amSaturdayam0920155America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join