It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever encountered a Sociopath?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Have you ever fallen for/knowen someone and then realised they have these traits..

Sociopaths...

They do exactly what they want at any given moment.

They are unable to connect with other people.

They are unable to have empathy for others

They are unable to love.

Their emptiness makes them chronically bored.

They often throw people away suddenly and brutally, ignore them for days or even years.

They give you the silent treatment.

They see nothing wrong with their behavior.

They believe that they are incredibly superior to other people.

They are egotistical and arrogant. And this makes it impossible for them to benefit from therapy, and it makes it impossible for them to change.

They do not feel remorse or guilt.

This lack of conscience means that it does not matter to them if they trample on the rights, feelings, or safety of others.

They make statements about you that are the exact opposite of the truth.

Sociopaths convince their targets that they will never lie or cheat and that they love them so much. They also promise that they will never do anything to hurt their victims.

edit on 9-5-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
They're called "cops".

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

lol as in real cops?
reading it back that is hilarious

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Yes.

I have encountered sociopaths, or persons with sociopathic traits on numerous occasions. Most of those were confrontations with classmates when I was a youngster, but I am also pretty certain that the last woman I was romantically involved with would be a good candidate for study in that area. Very sexually promiscuous, not a one man woman, and basically dropped me in favour of a man who had been convicted of possession of indecent images of children. That did my ego a WORLD of favours, let me tell you. She saw nothing wrong with being with him, since, as she so wonderfully put it, "He looks after me really well, so who cares?".

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
cops and my last girlfriend.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh Lord,
cheap and weak

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

dis she ever try to come back?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: ecapsretuo

dis she ever try to come back?

impossible; contact is broken.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

and basically dropped me in favour of a man who had been convicted of possession of indecent images of children.

This says nothing about you Brit , imo you dodged a bullet there .

She saw nothing wrong with being with him, since, as she so wonderfully put it, "He looks after me really well, so who cares?".

And one wonders why paedophilia is rife .

Just .. i dont know .. women are supposed to be the last line of defence against child molesters and i only say this as most of these sick individuals are men . That we know . ... wrong . Just wrong .
edit on 9-5-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Yes I've dealt with one for way longer than I would like to admit. It's taken years to completely block him out of my life. They will come back if you allow it. If you're dealing with one I highly suggest looking into Thomas Sheridan's work/books. He helped me gain control of my situation. Feel free to U2U me if you want to talk.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

would anyone believe some woman have kids only so they have to be taken care of by a man?

girls are not woman

meaning regardless of gender it is sick

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

edit on 9-5-2015 by Layaly because: double up

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Have you ever fallen for someone and then realised they have this traits..

Sociopaths...

They do exactly what they want at any given moment.

Well they are the most important person in their world?

They are unable to connect with other people.

They don't need to in view of the above ^^^^^^^^^

They are unable to have empathy for others

Too busy feeling sorry for themselves?

They are unable to love.

Not entirely they are in a love affair with themselves!!!!

Their emptiness makes them chronically bored.

But seemingly never boring to their targets.

They often throw people away suddenly and brutally, ignore them for days or even years.

Giving them a 'guilt trip'?

They give you the silent treatment.

Hmmmn.... A well honed skill and yet another 'guilt trip'

They see nothing wrong with their behaviour .

Why should they?? always superior and never wrong!!

They believe that they are incredibly superior to other people.

Well they ARE .... aren't they?

They are egotistical and arrogant. And this makes it impossible for them to benefit from therapy, and it makes it impossible for them to change.

A chance to fool the therapist .... don't want or need to change?

They do not feel remorse or guilt.

And why would they? They are perfection!

This lack of conscience means that it does not matter to them if they trample on the rights, feelings, or safety of others.

Trampling .... NO just necessary steps to achieve their goal.

They make statements about you that are the exact opposite of the truth.

Surely not .... They NEVER LIE (LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL...)

They say things like
See you around, thanks for everything. I am sure that we will both meet someone else. After all, we wouldn’t have a problem….

It was fun but I now need a new challenge.

Sociopaths convince their targets that they will never lie or cheat and that they love them so much. They also promise that they will never do anything to hurt their victims.

Well they are the best LIARS on this earth...

Yea have known a couple, and was married to one.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I am not sure what you are saying .

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

oh sorry yes it was confusing

meaning yes I agree with u, just adding how redicilous things are these days

and that regardless of gender it is more like something has dropped the bar. no moral

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I do not think there are any actual sociopaths as such. We all have sociopathic tendencies to some degree but it is those with more extreme tendancies that tend to stand out.

It is a common misunderstanding that these people are mean or heartless when in fact it is that they simply do not have the same emotional system as others.

eletheia's post above although put forth in a somewhat sarcastic manner is in my opinion a very acurate description for the reasoning behind those with extreme sociopathic tendenceies.

To those who are far more towards the empathic side of emotional balance these tendencies seem more severe. Unfortunatley one of the sociopathic traits employed is the manipulation of others for personal gain and those of an empathic nature are by far the easiest target.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

how do you move on from someone who believes you are forever their toy to play with

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Yes, I am aware that it is probably for the best that I have nothing more to do with her, and that her choice does not say anything about me as a person, but rather says a great deal about her psychological condition. I appreciate the vote of confidence none the less Hutch!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer

thank you so much will have a look
i posted this because i am an empath (personality trait i cant do much about) existing alongside with people who are like nonspecific described them

I don't judge anyone
therefore i am just trying to understand what the hell is going on inside my head

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

how do you move on from someone who believes you are forever their toy to play with

I would say that the first step has been achived in that you recognise the fact.

As someone with an overly empathic nature I can sympathise but as the years go on I am slowly learning that just because you do the right thing it does not mean you will be rewarded with anything but internal peace.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join