It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone keep starting threads about the SAME TOPICS!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Let me first explain that what I'm talking about. I realize that threads are created which are the same as others quite a bit around here. However, I can understand how it happens when the previous thread has been atleast off the board for a while. (A while as in 6 mo. or longer.) People don't always use the search function and so it's bound to happen. I myself am probably just as guilty of skipping the 'Search' function as the next guy.

What I AM talking about are the topics that aren't even a month old yet. Sometimes not even a week old and usually still on the current list of topics!! There is NO POINT in creating duplicate threads people. It's has become so bad that my only guess is that it is done simply to clutter up this board as well as annoy the other members/guests. It needs to stop and some people around here need to learn how to use a forum correctly. Especially one that gets this much traffic.

Here's an example: Using Search for the Past Month Only.
~Creationist Confusion Aeon10101110 14-12-2004

~evolution, where is the evidence???!!! I see none Slicky1313 20-12-2004

~Evolution question DirtyWater33 12-12-2004

~Intelligent design vs. creationism The Big O 21-12-2004

~How does creationism explain.... The Big O 22-12-2004

~Why do people belive in Creationism, how could they think that? TKainZero 22-12-2004

The Same Search but only for the last Week!!
~evolution, where is the evidence???!!! I see none Slicky1313

~Intelligent design vs. creationism The Big O

~How does creationism explain.... The Big O

~Why do people belive in Creationism, how could they think that? TKainZero

What's up???? A freakin' week and there are 4 Threads that are about the exact same idea. I simply do not understand how so many people can be, allegedly, Denying Ignorance or better yet, searching for the REAL HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE & TRUTH, yet at the same time be this BLIND and/or CARELESS when it comes to the threads here.

Can someone explain this to me??? Seriously, cause I don't come here that often anymore. Maybe a few times a week and not for more than a few hours at a time and yet this redundant and sloppy posting has become impossible to avoid even with very little time here.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'll be discussing this in a thread that I shall begin bright and early tomorrow morning...............

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I'll be discussing this in a thread that I shall begin bright and early tomorrow morning...............

Was that meant to be a joke???

If not, then perhaps we could just use THIS THREAD for it. Do you see how that would be sort of a step in the right direction. Proof by example kinda thing???

Or am I not understanding you???

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
Proof by example kinda thing???

Maybe you should check out these threads

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and not help with the problem. You dont know how frustrating it is to see ANOTHER duplicate thread complaint. If you want them to stop, start with yourself.

Lemme guess....you didnt use the search function.

Surprise surprise

---pineapple

EDIT: Found another one. take your pick

[edit on 22-12-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
duplicate threads: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
Maybe you should check out these threads

and not help with the problem. You dont know how frustrating it is to see ANOTHER duplicate thread complaint. If you want them to stop, start with yourself.

Lemme guess....you didnt use the search function.

Surprise surprise

---pineapple

Yes, yes, very clever. Still, other than the middle link which is 4 months old, this post plus the other two are still not nearly as bad as 4 threads within the same week, and that isn't even including similar topics on the Ignorance Denied board which could be included with that list. But I suppose there is no point in splitting hairs is there.

Although, I must admit. Even better that having to read your reply, sticking me in my place and all. It would have actually been much better to that this post had been locked and set to auto delete for being a Duplicate Thread as well!!! Then I would know for sure that this problem is being looked into. As of now it looks like I'm just another squeaky wheel.

Anyway, sorry if this was troublesome for you or anyone else. By all means, just ignore me in the future!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Am i wrong in saying that it has been said that a new 'spin- idea' on older topics is ok?

If thats the case then what is deemed as older topics?

1 day? 3 days? 1 week? 1 month?........

mOjOm is right that there is too many duplicate threads about the 'exact' same thing that have been posted in a small timescale.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
To help with this issue, I'll refer to any of the links above on this topic...

Seriously though, we're only human, and we try. Use the My ATS feature...wonderful tool and easier than bothering with the search all the time.

I still can't believe this bothers so many...

top topics

join