It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Victory Parade Live in 1 hour

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I've never seen this before, this was not part of Moscow parade that's for sure, they did do parades in something like 20 other cities at the same time.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridrCant believe they didn't evacuate the people when a vehicle with high explosives catches fire unless it was a fake??

Russians are tough bunch, don't worry something you'll find out in the next war.

They also didn't spend trillions on military like the US now tethering on financial collapse.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TorinoFer

They also didn't spend trillions on military like the US now tethering on financial collapse.

And it shows...just look at the videos presented in this thread.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Maybe the flames mean it can go, really, really, really fast?

Nah! Just a special effect to make it look KOOOOOL!!!!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

Often overwhelming bureaucracy is the biggest obstacle in most peoples lives. Depending on where you are, people are not always as poor as it may always appear, though there are, as are everywhere in the world, many poor.

Wages are much lower than western standards, though have been increasing, and many costs are also not as high as in the West. It only makes a difference when buying some western goods, but locally produced goods, are available. There is now an upsurge in domestic produce, mainly because of the recent fall in the Rouble. The sudden rise in the cost of foreign goods is being felt, though as the rouble has regained 50% of what it lost recently, it's probably not going to be a recession anything like what was suffered in the West. Only time will truly tell, of course. But as things are, go to any major city in Russia, and it'll be as full of German cars, as is London.

Regarding poverty, again. Unlike much of the West, most people own their homes (Germany is quite the opposite). The amount of people using food banks in the UK is a national shame. In Russia, alcoholism is much lower now, as the young aren't as attached. By contrast, visit Glasgow, to see Russia in the 80s.

I'm always happy to debate Russia (or anything else that I'm not ignorant about) with anyone genuinely wanting a chat.

edit on 10-5-2015 by Meduzi because:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Are you gloating again? Do you understand why dress rehearsals exist?

You're a little confused. It's called "Armata" (Армата), not "Armada". It translates to "People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones".

"Think" is not spelled "rhink". Think about that. I'll assume that English is not your native language. If so, you're forgiven.

Experts suggest (of which I am not one of, and neither are you) that once this brand new design is bedded-in and is debugged, this vehicle will be a highly capable machine.

edit on 10-5-2015 by Meduzi because:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
yes US wants russia ...next stop will be china.... than the 4 reigh is an fact ...a reply to: Stormdancer777

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Well it was fun did anyone see the new tank the armada break down?? Kind of embarrassing I would rhink.
I think they carefully chose, what is to be displayed

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Meduzi
I am not debating anything, but actually agreeing with you. I've been to St. Petersburg and it was as you said. My close friend lives in Krasnoyarsk which I'm sure you know is in Siberia. My experience was a dump.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorinoFer

originally posted by: dragonridrWould have ended on total defeat for the Russians had Amari cans not entered the war and started supplying the Russian army..

Nice attempt to rewrite history,
Your entire post is BS, I quoted very small part of it.

USA saved the Eastern Front ?

You would flunk history even in US, and no don't provide me with biased edited US Wikipedia links.

Man the BS

Biased Wiki? you mean liek when russia was caught editing the SU-25 page? That was the west? IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!
Seriously though WIKI is edited by alot of countries so its not just the capitalist pigs doing it.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridrWould have ended on total defeat for the Russians had Amari cans not entered the war and started supplying the Russian army..

Nice attempt to rewrite history,
Your entire post is BS, I quoted very small part of it.

USA saved the Eastern Front ?

You would flunk history even in US, and no don't provide me with biased edited US Wikipedia links.

Man the BS

Actually, Allied supplies to Russia did save them from collapse - there is no disputing this as Russia had to relocate industry East to compensate for the loss of the West and in that time could not arm, equip or feed it's Army. The US and UK supplied enough food, for example, in one year to keep 60 Divisions in the field.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Stalin urged Britain and the United States to invade the continent as soon as possible in order to draw German troops to the new front. I guess they don't teach the history of the Great Patriotic War in Russia any more. I can understand not mentioning the Hitler-Stalin Mutual Non-aggression Pact and the Katyn Massacre, but they should at least show some gratitude that the rest of the world didn't just let the two totalitarian states wipe each other out the way some wanted to.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meduzi

You're a little confused. It's called "Armata" (Армата), not "Armada". It translates to "People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones".

"Think" is not spelled "rhink". Think about that. I'll assume that English is not your native language. If so, you're forgiven.

Experts suggest (of which I am not one of, and neither are you) that once this brand new design is bedded-in and is debugged, this vehicle will be a highly capable machine.

I doubt it days of tanks are over the west is moving away from tanks learning mobile in granted is the key. Tanks are hard to move quickly in a changing battlefield. As far as being capable many experts claim that AZ on the past Russians are making claims they can't back up. ME Personally I THIS It's Neat I Love Military hardware.

As far as the eastern front without the US Russia would have lost they were supplied food transportation aircraft and weopons. Without the US the Russian army would have suffered the same fate as Stallingrad. They had no way to transport anything they had no weopons or aircraft and no way to produce food to feed their army.The US aid kept the eastern front open. In fact some historians considered it a mistake to keep Stallin In the war and said the US shouldn't have sent supplies. Argument is replaced one evil regime withink another. You can't denyou without US Support russia would have been crushed. Without US Trucks They Couldn't Get To The Front. Without food they would have sat I'm Siberia and starved.and even being supplied a munitions and guns there was still a huge lack because their industry was gone.

The Whole scorched earth policy was not thought out. Sure it made things harder on the Germans but they destroyed and means of the Soviet army being self sustaining.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meduzi

I doubt it days of tanks are over the west is moving away from tanks learning mobile in granted is the key. Tanks are hard to move quickly in a changing battlefield. As far as being capable many experts claim that AZ on the past Russians are making claims they can't back up. ME Personally I THIS It's Neat I Love Military hardware.

As far as the eastern front without the US Russia would have lost they were supplied food transportation aircraft and weopons. Without the US the Russian army would have suffered the same fate as Stallingrad. They had no way to transport anything they had no weopons or aircraft and no way to produce food to feed their army.The US aid kept the eastern front open. In fact some historians considered it a mistake to keep Stallin In the war and said the US shouldn't have sent supplies. Argument is replaced one evil regime withink another. You can't denyou without US Support russia would have been crushed. Without US Trucks They Couldn't Get To The Front. Without food they would have sat I'm Siberia and starved.and even being supplied a munitions and guns there was still a huge lack because their industry was gone.

The Whole scorched earth policy was not thought out. Sure it made things harder on the Germans but they destroyed and means of the Soviet army being self sustaining.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

You are the highest example is good old fashioned American arrogance.

I rather like seeing it as it reminds me of apple pies.

According to you, US won the eastern front.

Russia was just a well supplied canon fodder.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Erm, what? The Russians moved much of their industry back to the Urals. The Germans weren't stopped by Winter in December 1941, but rather the Soviet counter-offensive with well-equipped troops from Siberia who were actually dressed for the weather conditions. The Battle of Moscow stopped the Germans dead. And yes, the US supplied the Soviets with a lot of trucks. But the Soviets had their own industry, making weapons, planes and above all tanks. You have heard of the T-34 haven't you? And the later IS-1 and IS-2?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You are the highest example is good old fashioned American arrogance.

I rather like seeing it as it reminds me of apple pies.

According to you, US won the eastern front.

Russia was just a well supplied canon fodder.

Never said that you did. What I said is the Soviets would nor have survived without ship men's from the allied meaning US and UK. Basically by 1941 Stallin had a major problem they were in the process of moving their industries the ones that wasn't captured or destroyed by the getmans. By 1941 Russia was down to 620 tanks. They were running out of war materials like steel and gunpowder. They couldn't supply e ought guns to their army they literally had to share. Means wait for your busy to die and pick uplease the rifle.what Stalin did have is warm bodies and he through them at the Germans. But even then by 41 wirh lack of supplies it was a blood bath. This is the main reason Russian casualties were so high.In 1941 for every German soldier killed they killed 7 soviets. After supplies started by 42 the number dropped to 2 to 1. Mostly because they were getting weopons to fight with.

Without allied Help that would have been impossible. Here's some interesting things I don't think people realize the shear quantities of stuff shipped to the Russians.

whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I doubt that Russia would have survived without the Western Front, quiet as it was, but I think they would have survived without Lend-Lease. Not that Lend-Lease wasn't a huge help, but it wasn't decisive by itself. The most useful bits were probably the food, chemicals and the trucks helping plug the gap for industries affected by the move beyond the Urals and easing the strain on the strategic reserves.

The Germans were never going to overrun the USSR. Even the loss of Moscow wasn't going to end the Soviet front. The Soviets eventually would have righted the ship, and begun a slow march back West. Lend-Lease did much to ease some dark times for them, for sure. It doubtless saved countless lives, and mechanization largely contributed to the counter-offensive in the West, yet barring some grand strategic blundering, the outcome would have been much the same though rather slower and more costly.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You doubt what? That experts suggest (of which I am not one of, and neither are you) that once this brand new design is bedded-in and is debugged, this vehicle will be a highly capable machine? Or that is will be a highly capable machine?

You obviously know something that the Russian MoD doesn't. You should call them immediately on 008 (495) 696-71-71, and tell them who you are.

I have no idea why you posted to me about the WWWII eastern front. Maybe you became confused again, and thought that I had made a comment on that subject. As you have, I will remind you of something. The USSR beat Nazi Germany, with help from the other allies. Not the other way around.

By the way, when you've finished your conversation with the Russian MoD, you should also need to call the US DoD. You should tell them who are you, and that they are wasting their time with their 84 ton GCV (not that much can even deploy it). I'm sure they'll cancel the project immediately.

Russia and the US are the top weapons exporters. The US being the largest exporter of things to kill people. Building this hardware is good for business. Though neither county should be proud of being on that list.

edit on 13-5-2015 by Meduzi because:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

I'd give you a star, but, for some reason, my profile is blocked from giving stars.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join