It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help naming the terror of the night

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bayy007

Sounds liek a shadow person running experiments on the human subjects in the house. They get called "demons" because that is the disquise and or role they use to project fear and images into the dreams of their subjects/victims. Although since they are not from this dimension exorcisms and cleansings usually effect them. Seeing as how they are subject to God and his laws he has imposed on this dimension.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer I have only been to the home once, when we initially got the call. She had been dealing with this issue and weird things happen but she said she could deal with it. It wasn't until it attacked her friend in the night that she felt it just wasn't okay to be attacking her guests like that. Typically we are not too pushy about immediately having another investigation unless the homeowner asks us back. Believe it or not, a lot of people are sometimes worried, they want us there and want to know what is going on but are worried that it may make matters worse. We give them tools to quiet home down and to cleanse it, and hope that it causes whatever it is to go vacate. Some people will have us back, some literally sell their home and move out.

We do have a few people with some gifts about them. We have one psychic, a developing psychic, an empath, a medium, a skeptic, a few tech guys, as well as normal every day people trying to figure out what's going on. But depending on the size of the home and when the investigation takes place so typically only 3-4 investigators at a home at a time. Otherwise it gets hard to keep track of everyone and there could very well be evidence contamination. I feel like we've got a pretty good group with that being said. One thing the medium said was that it seemed to be of a trickster type, not a funny ha-ha harmless trickster, but rather he does it because he feels good scaring and terrifying those. Client has had strange events occur such as you state, knocking on walls, heavy footsteps, hearing voices and whispering (interestingly enough, when reviewing my recordings another investigator and I both pick up whispering throughout home during investigation and it's not us), she's had her alarm set off randomly and seen doors open down dark hallways, and one night saw a tall dark shadow shoot across the wall in the living area. She has stated that she feels like the spirit (or whatever it is) is "upping the ante" so to speak. It's getting more and more brazen and more loud when it bangs. Instead of just banging on one wall it will begin banging all around the room down the hallway.

I agree, if I can get back in that home on a rainy, thunderous night I believe we could get some great evidence and activity. But it's all a matter of the homeowner and their willingness to let us stir up trouble in her home. You know? But I do think that if it were really, truly, a nasty one the walls would be cracked and glass blown out. They definitely make their presence known, when they want to.

edit on 5/9/2015 by Bayy007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bayy007
a reply to: DeathSlayer I have only been to the home once, when we initially got the call. She had been dealing with this issue and weird things happen but she said she could deal with it. It wasn't until it attacked her friend in the night that she felt it just wasn't okay to be attacking her guests like that. Typically we are not too pushy about immediately having another investigation unless the homeowner asks us back. Believe it or not, a lot of people are sometimes worried, they want us there and want to know what is going on but are worried that it may make matters worse. We give them tools to quiet home down and to cleanse it, and they'll let us know how they're doing.

I find in general that is the best way to deal with them. Instruct the inhabitants not to feed it, essentially. If they feel afraid, and things are happening, leave the premesis. Tell them to keep positive attitudes, to enjoy their lives and to reject the entity by giving it no attention. I've found that a lot of times they get bored and leave. Or rather, find that there is no source of sustenance there because the people don't fear/hate/lust/envy/the other Principalities etc very much because they're reasonable, normal human beings who seek to do good.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayerThis is where I think it gets a little tricky for some. You definitely need to know what you're doing when you call it's name. Because when a name is called, the named one usually answers. So while, I don't think everyone can go around calling these things out because if they're not equipped or ready to face them it can be very dangerous, and now you have its attention, and now it knows you don't know what to do. It's all a game to them. However, someone who is ready to deal with these things and go to battle with them, it is empowering for them to name the entity and can take the negative energy from that name and expel it into something they can't deal with, light. They run from it, want nothing to do with the light. I see what you're both saying on either side, I think it just depends on the person.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
This has been an interesting thread!

I appreciate the OP putting this experience out there.

s&f

When you acquire a demons name, I don't think you have an actual name,
it is more like an identifying a type of weird energy.

You could compare it to an army with a hive mentality.
This is not the actual being, just an "intelligent" fragment of it.
At least with what is considered a true "demon".
It has a job to do, a mission it is on, and depending on what it is up to,
most of the time they are best left alone.

A haunting spirit is a separate matter involving either someone who got "stuck" or refused to complete the journey to the other side. It doesn't always have to be human, and considering how many beings have lived/died on this earth in the last billion years, there are some really strange things that exist in spirit form due to somehow getting caught between. Some of those beings are like cats, playing with mice when you come across them.

Most demons are associated with people, as the mission involves a person and manipulation of some sort, so if you really believe this to be demonic, you need to look at the people more than the place.

Just my weird thoughts this morning with my cup of coffee.

I agree, I can see that -names do have kind of a weird vibe about them and how you use them. What is interesting to me, is that it's mainly in the clients bedroom, that is where a lot of the scarier stuff happens. She saw it standing behind her blinds once in the middle of the night but there was nothing there. Even though her blinds were facing vertically out, as if someone was behind them. Another thing to mention is that the home she stays in regularly has no issues. Because of that I'm a little reluctant to say that it's attached to the client. It could be attached to the property, and when client stays there it has something to play with.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TruemanOf course! How could I not? These are real people we come across and a lot of the time they're scared and so it's only respectful to treat it as seriously as we can. I see what you're saying with the 'recorder and replay' I do believe this to be true. While, the area is by the beach but not right up on it so there is kind of a lot of open water near the home that can kick up a lot of energy especially when it's storming or foggy out like another user suggested. Though I am reluctant to say the noises are caused solely by the temperature changing or the house settling because a lot of the activity occurs in the wee night time, I would think that by 10 or 2 am the temperature would have stayed the same and get about as cold as its going to unless a santa ana picks up. Generally, just with my own home it'll creak and settle about an hour or 2 after the sun goes down and it's not too noisy after that. Though I could be wrong. I don't know what kind of land is right there but it is something I will look into, one of our team members is a contractor and developer so I am sure he will have some sort of land investigation included in his report.

What makes me feel like it's not simply a replay of a tragic event is that it happens randomly. Every once in a while it takes it up a notch. For a while the client would feel something watching her in the bathroom and then things just started flowing and more and more activity would take place. So it's not always the same thing happening and it's only on one side of the house, which is strange to me.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sevrimitsuThat's interesting. Thankyou for sharing this. 3 - the holy trinity, 3 instances where they would step outside of their realm and interact with ours. That sounds so freaky, the ability to be able to do that at will. They are a very interesting subject, those shadow people. I have seen two, one was a scary black shadow mass in the form of a tall man walking straight towards us in a cemetery (we were packing up the car, we decided before that we should not go in on account of bad vibes) and another was during an investigation and I saw a small shadow being walk into/out of the wall and into a mirror that I felt was a portal. The room had a very strange and busy appearance energetically about it. What are these things and why are they here and what do they want? This is what I'm hoping to find out. Thankyou, I hope the best for them too.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I could have told you that. The being has an attachment to the property and not the client. It considers it "It's" property now, especially since humans don't inhabit it very often. More habitation in the household will lead to more intense situations, but if your clients follow the curriculum I have previously prescribed it will likely do as I have said. Provided people continue to stay in the structure with a positive, light filled attitude then the house will become a home again and thus be generally protected under the Natural Laws.
edit on 9-5-2015 by LongArmLugh because: Always android auto correct typos.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LongArmLugh

You gave very sound advice and I suggest anybody ever terrorised by such phenomena follows it. Another way to throw off that blanket of fear it feeds on is to build up an anger. Yet another way, which works for some people, is to use your sense of humour: ridiculize them. Picture it with a parrot on its shoulder, and the parrot has that rather annoying habit of farting in the spooks left ear, just when it tries to scare you. If it goes "boo" - you picture a cow. If it display gruesome images in your mind, put these projected entities in green pastures, with butterflies that land on their ugly black noses.

But if you're not strong enough - and many of us aren't - indeed, leave.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Most demons are associated with people, as the mission involves a person and manipulation of some sort, so if you really believe this to be demonic, you need to look at the people more than the place.

I used to think that too until I saw a true story on one of the paranormal t.v. shows I watch. This couple moved to a house that was already inhabited by a demon. Someone that lived there before had summoned the demon and it was in the house already. It took a real strong-willed priest, or clergy man to get rid of it, along with the family pitching in all saying bible verses.
And the clergy man did ask it it's name. From what I've learned, they all do have a name of their own. Calling it by it's name has more power over it when trying to get rid of it.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

a reply to: DeathSlayerThis is where I think it gets a little tricky for some. You definitely need to know what you're doing when you call it's name. Because when a name is called, the named one usually answers. So while, I don't think everyone can go around calling these things out because if they're not equipped or ready to face them it can be very dangerous, and now you have its attention, and now it knows you don't know what to do. It's all a game to them. However, someone who is ready to deal with these things and go to battle with them, it is empowering for them to name the entity and can take the negative energy from that name and expel it into something they can't deal with, light. They run from it, want nothing to do with the light. I see what you're both saying on either side, I think it just depends on the person.

Thank you and you are 100% correct. I guess I did not make myself clear in this subject matter. Expelling a demon by name, you better know what to do otherwise it can cost you your health and maybe even your life and this is why I always recommend getting a trained demonlogist or a priest involved. This is not for the lay person.

A couple of the posters here spoke about the names of demons and yes some have personal names with titles while others have generalized names ...... names by certain sins and some have names like Ralph or Joe and often they don't tell you their correct name out of fear or deceit purposes. Demons NEVER travel alone either and are capable of calling many more and the boss is never the one that talks but one of the servants. When dealing with manifestations, obsessions and possessions the professional (an exorcists) knows how to get the correct name and then what to do next.

It is my opinion that no one other than someone trained in this specific subject should make any attempt in confronting a demon. Report it to your local bishop who will assign the correct individual to check it out.

99% of the time paranormal investigators will have fun in exploring the unknown ..... it is that 1% they could stumble across that they need to understand to walk away from and do it quickly

I get the feeling you and your team has bumped into one those 1% cases. You guys sound like you definetly know what you are doing.

Be careful ....... maybe think about making contact with local churches and find out who has training as an exorcist. Many demonologist are also in contact with some local churches and if all fails contact the local bishop office and normally they will direct you to someone who is willing to work with you.
edit on 10-5-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

a reply to: sevrimitsuThat's interesting. Thankyou for sharing this. 3 - the holy trinity, 3 instances where they would step outside of their realm and interact with ours. That sounds so freaky, the ability to be able to do that at will. They are a very interesting subject, those shadow people. I have seen two, one was a scary black shadow mass in the form of a tall man walking straight towards us in a cemetery (we were packing up the car, we decided before that we should not go in on account of bad vibes) and another was during an investigation and I saw a small shadow being walk into/out of the wall and into a mirror that I felt was a portal. The room had a very strange and busy appearance energetically about it. What are these things and why are they here and what do they want? This is what I'm hoping to find out. Thankyou, I hope the best for them too.

I have seen what you are describing but I don't think these things you see fall under the category of "shadow people". These things are not people.

Have you ever heard of the shadow man with the black hat? A man who wears one of those large round brim black hats (I think it is a jewish style hat that conservative Jews wear). Now this guy is a shadow person and a very dangerous one who will speak out loud to you and if you are disrespectful towards him........ him will attack you. He has no paitence and is often seen around hospitals, morgues, schools, sick people in their homes......etc. He will not run away.....he will walk away. He will stop and look directly at you for a minute or two. Sometimes he will stare at you because he is not sure if you see him.

A word to the wise - never be disrespectful to any spiritual being wether from the light or the darkness.

Happy hunting......
edit on 10-5-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Sweetheart there is no such thing as demons or ghosts.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You are aware that your sweetheart might just as well be a guy?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
First of all the name is relatively un-important. Of course this being has a name but it doesn't want you to know because knowing somethings name is to have some degree of Power over it. An exorsicst might concern itself more with the name. Exorcists like battles. You don't want a battle. You need to release this Entity through Love. Its the only way. Love is like insect repellent to demonic thought forms/beings of the inner planes.

My advice would be get familiar with the Banishing Ritual of The Lesser Pentagram. This is a very old old old ritual..the same ritual Jesus used. Its highly charged.

You first invoke 4 God names in all directions, then the Archangels...to what degree this is effective is dependent upon your pure desire to be of aid and your ability to focus. This is a ritual of Love...this is not "Me vs X". By making it a "battle" you agg on this type of entity. When your saying each word of the ritual you need to be fully present and concentrated as the FUEL of Rituals IN GENERAL is the intent of the person and their ability to express Love.

Many people having no knowledge of the benevolent beings whos Power and Love is incalculably greater than even the "strongest" Dark entity. The darkness exploits the weaknesses of the individual by making use of things that individual holds dear to it such as family. Its goal being to make you feel unsafe by blaspheming all you see Love in.

Lesser Banishing Ritual 3 or more times a day (whenever needed). With the Utmost concentration and Love. Depending on the nature of this entity and those of the group I would reccomend atleast one Spiritually clear person be a part of this ritual...someone with unshakable faith. This entity will likely attempt to disrupt the ritual and it may manifest as things physically moving...you must not let this distract you regardless of how profound it seems. NEVER stop in the middle of the ritual. You start and finish with an open heart and a clear mind not loosing sight of your intent.

You can start by simply being present while listening to the ritual in this video, until you get to know it and can practice it with full confidence, yourself: www.youtube.com...

I recommend burning sage during this ritual...the more people you can get who can focus in Love. The more powerful. I would have all those involved with the house present if possible.

It will take persistence and may even make this entity more angry but heres how it works:

The continuous Evocation of the Archangels as well as using the 4 names of God in all directions will purify the place more and more after each working. Soon you will become a powerful force of love united with those of a common mind seeking only harmony for all involved. You are grateful for the catalyst the entity has provided but it must go.

The more Love/Light you are able to bring into the space the less able this being will be able to exist in this space. This is how it works.

Love and Light to you. Rest in the Peace and the Power of the One Infinite Creator

Adonai
edit on 12/9/2011 by ZacharyW because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
To add

Cut garlic is a useful tool also. Its metaphysical nature is such that no negative entity will accept existence in the same space as cut garlic. But its effects diminish as it breaks down, You can place cut garlic at every entrance/corner of the home everyday/ every few hours or whenever you deem it useful. More:

www.lawofone.info...
edit on 12/9/2011 by ZacharyW because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayerThis is very good advice, and I completely agree with everything that you are saying. It is hard, when there is someone in need but I do feel that if the activity continues we will be referring her to a demonologist or an exorcist. I recently joined the Sacred Order of Saint Michael and I'm positive we can get her someone in her area if need be. As they are the ones that should be dealing with these sorts of entities.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcalitySir, I do not believe that. Though, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Thanks for your input.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrgI'm pretty sure I'm not a man, but thanks?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

How much does belief play a factor I n paranormal experiences in other words, if you and I were in the same house where poltergiest activity was occurring would I experience the ghost phenomena as well, and is there any objective reality to the whole thing? Also I'd like to know and just out of curiosity and not to offer ridicule or criticism, what was your definitive experience that made you belive? Thank you for your time, side note I think it was pretty obvious you are a woman lol, and I did not intend to come off as condescending .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join