It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget the Big Bang - The universe is shrinking!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yes thats it. The universe is shrinking.

We are all getting smaller by atomic measures.

It cannot be felt, nor observed, because the instruments measuring it are also shrinking. That's why every galaxy is red-shifted, not because they move away, but are really shrinking in size.

There was no big bang there was alot of matter ? Now deteriorating into radiation or what some call, dark mystic energy ?

The electron's distance from the nucleus, are getting smaller, due to compression, or radiation.

Could it be true ? Logic ?

Universe Shrinking?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Electrons don't actually orbit nuclei like that.

I know it's an old meme, and you see it a lot in bad science fiction (and crappy online references) but orbitals are not orbits.

Dark energy is "dark" because we can't detect it. Not because it's "occult" "mystic" or any other woo term.

Even if atoms were shrinking, that wouldn't affect the space between them, and thus the universe wouldn't shrink, too. But it doesn't work that way - you can't gradually vary the orbitals, they move in jumps and have fixed configurations they can attain. That's where quantum physics came from, was that observation. So, no, you can't shrink electron orbitals by means of "mystic energy" radiation and thus shrink the universe.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Maybe the galaxies are red shifted due to wave dynamics.

As a basic experiment, get a tub of water and make some waves. Watch the movement of the waves over time. If the waves to slow down after a while, then this is what is happeneing to the light as it red shifts.
edit on 8-5-2015 by kwakakev because: added comma

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: kloejen

Dark energy is "dark" because we can't detect it. Not because it's "occult" "mystic" or any other woo term.

No you cannot detect it, and you never will. The same thing goes for the shrinking universe, it fits your parameters too
Never ever detect-able

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The cosmological red shift says that we are not shrinking. I don't understand the point of this thread.

Please don't misinterpret the cosmological red shift with the gravitational red shift.
edit on 8-5-2015 by Jonjonj because: Spelling and added info

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well, I am not shrinking but everything else must be shrinking because I seem to be getting bigger in relation to things.

that has been happening slowly over the last thirty years.

I had a hunch it wasn't because I liked food.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well for that theory to work the electron and all other particles in the atom would have to lose mass at a rate perfectly proportional to the rate at which the space inside the atom was shrinking. We would notice all atoms giving off a continuous radiation spectrum if that were the case. But QM tells as that atoms only release quantized packets of energy because the electron can only possess discrete energy levels around the nucleus. There's really no way I see this theory working without us being able to notice it happening.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

That's absolutely wrong. The light wave is being stretched not slowed down. More stretch/expansion means more red shifted hence older and further away.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I would suggest you look into something known as "The Great Attractor". Some scientists believe it is a gravity anomaly some 250 million light-years away pulling all celestial bodies towards it at 14 million miles per hour. GOTTA GO FAST!!!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
we are gone over an few billions years??????
who cares ??

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If everything in the universe is shrinking, then that's the same as nothing shrinking. That may sound like double-talk, but it is also a logical assessment.

If everything in the entire universe is shrinking -- i.,e., every particle and the distance between particles, every atom and the distance between atoms, every star and galaxy, and the distance between stars and galaxies, plus every force lessening in a ratio equal to the shrinkage of matter -- if they are all shrinking at the same ratio, then they can continue shrinking forever without it making a difference at all to the universe.

We would never notice that shrinkage if that shrinkage is consistent, ubiquitous, and omnipresent.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

In slowing down I was talking about the frequency rather than the speed. But since I did not explicitly state that I understand the confusion. You are right and thanks for the clarification.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The shrinking matter theory and the expansion universe theory are equivalent. If we make our world as the reference frame, the universe should expand. If we make the universe as the reference frame, the matter shoud shrink. The laws of physics work to both theories. link shrinkingmattertheory.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Sounds similar to the Big Crunch theory.

In physical cosmology, the Big Crunch is one possible scenario for the ultimate fate of the universe, in which the metric expansion of space eventually reverses and the universe recollapses

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join