It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston University prof flunks 'white masculinity' in controversial tweets

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Hold your Horses mate.
My girl is a Fillipina and was under the presumption only white people could be racist due to her general influx through the media,so don't be a weapon and think people are not critical thinkers because they agree with what might seem ridiculous to some but as seen as the norm in many places.
I even think Eric holder has said along the lines of whites cannot be victims of hate crimes....tonk.

Textwww.americanthinker.com...

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

This meme about white people being unable to be victims of racism is ridiculous and I don't care how many talking heads support the idea because it is incorrect in more than one way.

First, power to effect the life of others doesn't only come from financial or societal status. A rich business owner can still be effected in other ways which can change his life dramatically. There are more ways than one to derail someone's life.

Second, it implies that such power automatically comes with being white which I can assure you it doesn't.

Third, it's not about someone's thoughts being racist that directly effect anyone else, it's their actions. If someone is racist and doesn't like me and thinks ill of me we can still interact without a problem as long as those thoughts don't lead to actions against me. That works both ways too and for everyone regardless of race.

I honestly don't understand how anyone could actually convince other thinking adults that only white people can be racist and that white people also are immune to what is considered a "hate crime" when that same action is done to any other race. It makes no sense. In fact, the idea itself is by definition "Racist". It doesn't matter what definition you use either because not all white people are the same in regards to wealth, power, knowledge, status, etc. Just like no other race is all the same in those regards. It just doesn't make sense that anyone would buy such an obviously incorrect idea.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I basically concur.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
I'v noticed that racism in America is allot worse than over here in the UK.
Black people blaming the whites, white blaming the blacks - Hispanics in the middle and then Muslims get it from every angle.

You guys have issues with Whites and Minorities just like we do, come on now lets be honest about these things, it's a crazy World everywhere my friend.

Your education system and media are to blame.

You need to cease from spending your time blaming the USA for every single problem that you have in this World though. Do I need to post more videos that clearly show your own racial problems that you have over there on your tiny Island?

Why is it so difficult to comprehend that your education system is an absolute joke too? You are no different than us socially, just a bit smaller. Without us, you vanish, you without a doubt disappear. Your media? = A bunch of lying puppets on strings, stooges in empty suits just like ours over here.

However I will give you this Mr. n00bUK, after watching the results of your recent election, I am starting to believe that your parliamentary political system is in fact more efficient than the fake two party system that we have here in America. Not that it is something great, just possibly better, maybe.

I need to study up a lot more on the legal aspects, so I completely understand all of it. So just so you know, I reserve the right to give an update on my conclusion concerning your system. Any opinions on 'white masculinity' by chance? ~$heopleNation
edit on 9-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: Primordial

And if you guys think America is being destroyed from within than your just ignorant. That's the same rhetoric red scare propagandists used guess what nothing happened. America is destroying itself with the corrupt and insane govern ment that's trying to oppress ALL people just there is different ways it goes about this according to race. The oppression of people of color is more overt so that got all races pitted against each other got all religions pitted against each other when in the end the goal of the government is to destroy your cultural and religious indentity to make you easier to control.

I guess the fact that pretty much everything he said would happen is happening right on schedule means nothing?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

a reply to: pteridine

You just spewed a bunch is bull. Egyptians were originally black they live in africa for emboss sake and essentially we all the same which is black we all come from one origin and that is the motherland. Then you have the audacity to criticize black culture? You mean the culture artificially created by the mainstream to keep people stagnant and mind controlled as consumers? Hip hop was about uplifting and showing the flaws of the system but was bastardized and commodified for the masses you do know ALOT of white people listen to rap shot there the only ones you see at the concerts because they can afford it. And longer hours won't help our education system teaching less crap will.

The Egyptians were not sub-Saharan black Africans see en.wikipedia.org... which provides a fairly unbiased view of things. Tomb paintings and death masks argue that Egyptians were not Black, per se. The "Egyptians were Black Africans" concept is a construct of those who wish to have a defined history that includes an empire with world class monuments to admire. This affectation is perpetuated by "Black Studies" professors who also have an inferior education in history.
I certainly criticize commercialized Black 'culture;' it is toxic and does no one any good, especially the Black community. Misogynist cRap glorifying the gangsta' life is sold to the unsuspecting Black youth who listen not at concerts but on the radio. The message still gets to them. Play dumb. Beat women. Get over on the man. Whites who listen are dipping their toes in a culture that they think makes them look cool. None of them experience the fear and harsh life of those who live the so-called culture. Like limousine liberals, they retreat to suburbia with a t-shirt commemorating the concert.
The education system can begin teaching less crap by eliminating the 'Egyptians were Black' and 'Slavery was about white men enslaving Blacks.'
Longer hours will work as will a longer school year. Look at foreign education systems that easily outstrip our watered down curricula. Finland makes sure that only the best can become teachers. With a longer school day, no student will carry books home and appear to be 'too white' by studying, relieving them of the stress of being abused by the least common denominators. Black youth need better role models, not tattooed NBA players but doctors, lawyers, scientists, and other successful Black people to show them they can be productive members of society, too. They need to see that using their intelligence to become more educated can influence more people than a street gang without violence and legal consequences.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

No, your wrong. More black owned business in black neighborhoods back then, the money black folks made stayed within the community. That dollar got recycled three or four times.

Nowadays, that same money is instead going outside of the community, that money isn't being recycled. Desegregation put the screws to black businesses, couldn't compete with the competition

They are attending Universities now where before they could not, which leads to a better life

Plenty of HBCU's now and even back then. A college level education is a college level education wither it comes from Harvard or not.

A college degree or getting an education doesn't guarantee success nor wealth nor a "job". Sometimes it doesn't even increase the odds.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

edit on 9-5-2015 by notmyrealname because: not worth the response

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppieNo, your wrong. More black owned business in black neighborhoods back then, the money black folks made stayed within the community. That dollar got recycled three or four times.

cenpuppie, Not trying to be a jerk, but some Black folks themselves have contributed to destroying Black businesses, look it up. The 1990's Rodney King Los Angeles riots are a good example. You cannot continue to destroy your own community, and then expect it to prosper.

You can't actually believe that the Black and Korean businesses that were destroyed backed then were the Koreans, or the peaceful business owning Blacks fault now do you? My god, think my friend?

Nowadays, that same money is instead going outside of the community, that money isn't being recycled. Desegregation put the screws to black businesses, couldn't compete with the competition

And who is to blame for that?

Plenty of HBCU's now and even back then. A college level education is a college level education wither it comes from Harvard or not.

Ok, who claimed anything otherwise, you're not making any sense with your argument. Getting to the bottom of it all is the ultimate goal, is it not?

A college degree or getting an education doesn't guarantee success nor wealth nor a "job". Sometimes it doesn't even increase the odds.

I agree with you about that, but it certainly does not hurt it, right? That is all that I am saying. ~$heopleNation
edit on 9-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You white people wouldn't understand. This is racist. The institution is racist. Everything is racist.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatAreThey
You white people wouldn't understand. This is racist. The institution is racist. Everything is racist.

WAT, Then Allow us to discuss it? Surely you already know that we all don't think the same way my friend?

Even if we can't meet eachother eye to eye right now, maybe we can later on, and then if by a miracle, who knows we may even find some common ground tomorrow, or even the next day. ~$heopleNation
edit on 10-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Pinke

Patriarchy to me is just flawed in every single way. Men of antiquity never needed this fake masculinity they just proved their worth and always honored the mother and sister for out of them life arose. The societies that were most equal like vikings,Norse,African etc showed very strong family dynamics and prosperity. They never looked down on women like eastern Europeans did.

Whilst I agree that Vikings did have a different balance of genders, their women didn't write and weren't equal. They made tapestries which were unique to their women I guess, but they didn't do the same things the men did. Especially not the whole 'blood feuding' thing. Secondly, even if we ignore that blood feuding often tore their community apart, Vikings weren't around in antiquity though some of Caesar's and other Roman writings highlighted that people in the north treated their women differently.

And you're right, men of antiquity never required this 'fake masculinity', they could just walk outside their front door and stab someone to death with a fairly decent expectation they would get away with it. That's not to say they wanted to or often did. The fact that we're all alive today is testament to the fact it was mostly about survival and protection although I have to stress the 'mostly'. Did you know there is evidence of mass shootings being carried out with bow and arrow?

No offense, but it just sounds like you've read books like The Athena Doctrine and believed every single word. I think you'll find if you cast away the grand narratives a lot of people here will agree with many of your sentiments. The political system needs a change, for example ... but if you stick to grand narratives then you increase the chances of you being wrong by a factor of infinity. I mean look at it this way, are you the only person on the planet that knows how Rome fell? It was masculinity in the library with the candlestick? You know exactly how the Vikings were? How the Norse were? That early Africans were awesome and peaceful? Or are you just another one applying modern politics to old societies with rose tinted glasses?

I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but the reading you would have to accomplish to hold the opinions you hold with such dense confidence is outside the length of time you could be alive for.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

In another tweet from January, she wrote: “Every MLK week I commit myself to not spending a dime in white-owned businesses. and every year i find it nearly impossible.”

Thats exactly the mindset the NAZIS had right before the holocaust. It is even more ironic because this is NOT what MLK was striving for, he wanted peace and coexistance. This individual is a dyed in the wool anti white racist. Why they would still have a job after a rant like this is a mystery to me. If they had made this kind of attack against anyone black, brown, yellow or Jewish they would be out of a job, and rightly so. But its just fine to attack white people. We need to ask those in charge WHY it is that way.
edit on 10-5-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatAreThey

Your post is racist too.

"You white people"

Just sayin.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Did you see the black female anchor on msnbc say the african american cops charged in baltimore were white african americans? Even the black host was like wtf?
It was probably the most racist thing ive heard on t.v. in a long time.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Just think 40 years from now people will be an average of 4 nationalities race won't mean # and white people will make up only 6% of the world pop. we'll see how it turns out.
edit on 5/10/2015 by christophoros because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

cenpuppie, Not trying to be a jerk, but some Black folks themselves have contributed to destroying Black businesses, look it up. The 1990's Rodney King Los Angeles riots are a good example. You cannot continue to destroy your own community, and then expect it to prosper.

You can't actually believe that the Black and Korean businesses that were destroyed backed then were the Koreans, or the peaceful business owning Blacks fault now do you? My god, think my friend?

And who is to blame for that?

You aren't, I got no problem with someone explaining their view point. And I agree, 100%. It's hard to talk to a group of people about keeping money within the community when they, just like everyone else in this country, are caught up in american consumerism. Makes it really difficult. Rioting and burning down business in your own community isn't productive to your cause, at all.

Ok, who claimed anything otherwise, you're not making any sense with your argument. Getting to the bottom of it all is the ultimate goal, is it not?

Let's take a look at what you said eh?

Blacks are way better off these days. 50 years ago there were hardly any black athletes, teachers, Judges, police officers, musicians, actors or entertainers in general.

Separate but equal more or less meant that everything public was segregated (and kept in horrible shape in some cases) but black folks still had the same thing, you see? There weren't many say actors or judges (or quite a few publicly held positions that are notoriously stereotyped ) but athletes (the negro leagues! it's the reason why the nba merged, to absorb the negro league, the ABA), musicians, teachers, colleges (that chance to move up the economic ladder), a personal service sector? Yes, they had that.

But when you peel it back, once desegregation swept through, a majority of black owned business couldn't compete against a cheaper and better (sometimes) product, especially when your being bought out? Not many folks where thinking of the ramifications back then.

It was 1964 when the courts said that separate but unequal was legal
and bunch of other non sense bs that REALLY starting tilting the ship, I refer to LBJ's comment at that time. Both Macolm X and MLK where assassinate as they lead two separate movements! It wasn't even all black folks, just the ones pissed off to go do something about it.

That's how it works. We kill two of your civil rights leaders and we give you affirmative action (being sarcastic there) to calm you down.

I agree with you about that, but it certainly does not hurt it, right? That is all that I am saying.

It all depends. No point in getting a degree in a field if there is no work, no different than learning a trade and finding out you've been replaced by a robot or someone that works for longer cheaper.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The simple answer is there is no longer a group left on the planet other than the white male to bash. Hell even the Red Neck gets a pass these days so they just bash the only group that has zero protections in place, the generic_01white guy...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

You just called her a Nazi for wanting spend money in her own community lol

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Appreciate the response. Like I said earlier, I believe the rise of gangster rap in the 90's effected the black community very negatively. That entire culture of thinking it's cool to do drive by shootings and to be in a gang landed millions into prison. So in that sense, things are much worse. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join