It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would God make a forbidden fruit even though he knew that it would be eaten?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Hah, that was my post! I'm glad it sparked some interest.

Well i watched the 20 minutes you suggested, and really it all was summed up at the end of that 20 minute section between about 30 min to 35 min.

Essentially he is saying that the people who state what I questioned in the OP's quote are basically saying "if god is all knowing, then I don't need to accept any responsibility because I'm bound by his knowledge" and are just hiding from their own responsibility. Which is not the case.

He makes examples in real-world situations where absolutes do not exist. I'm afraid he didn't answer the question at all.

If God knows i'm about to get hit by a car, it's not a matter of responsibility, it's a matter of me getting hit by a car. If God is all knowing, there is no possible way I will not get hit by that car. Every action, every event, everything that occurs in the universe in the past, present, and future must occur the way that an all knowing being has seen. If it does not go as they have seen, then that being isn't all knowing to begin with.

The speaker uses people, decisions, aspirations and so forth in his example, but the issue that the quote in the OP brings up isn't strictly a matter of choices, it's a matter of everything.

A rock tumbles off a cliff and down a mountain. God, being all knowing, knew it was going to fall, knew exactly when it would fall, knows the path it will take, knows how many atoms will be separated from that initial rock, and knows where it will land. There is no way that that rock can fall in any other manner or time because this all knowing being knows everything that is going to occur. That rock is bound to fall according to Gods knowledge.

Omniscient is saying that there is absolute destiny. If there is Absolute destiny, then there is no possible way for anything to escape what actions they take, what events will occur to them, or what they will effect in the future.

Sorry, but this example does not dismiss the issue in the quote within the OP.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
I always thought it was symbolical to sex.

And having sexual relations out of wedlock. The serpent and eve...you know. The broken family is further expounded upon in the story of Cain and Abel.

That to commit the 'original sin' is to cheat, and then your damned... for all eternity.

But what do I know, I'm just a pagan.

CdT

God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and go forth and multiply, meaning to have children, sex is the only achievsable means. I think the sex issue is off the table.

I dont have an answer, I guess it had to do with choice, God didnt want a bunch of autobots running around loving Him because they knew nothing else.

I am not going to watch a video, just think that there is no real answer.

The bible calls christians to have faith, not promises all answers

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

As a christian, I never understood how a tree leaf can cover my penis or why eating apples could be forbidden by God.

I just go by Jesus words the best I can, he speaks more clear and made no mistakes.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Perhaps its start was in a fashion incomprehensible to us?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

That's as may be. Even if God knows what will be, and I think He does, you don't. So you can decide to give up figuring that you will be moved according to the Omniscient Being's plan and you will simply sit there and rot.

God may know who will win the Super Bowl next year, but that doesn't change the fact that not one of us does, nor do the teams, and if the games aren't played ... there won't be a Champion.

The reason why is because time works differently between this world and the next. Heaven where God is at is a different realm, the spiritual realm, a quantum physicist dealing in string theory would call it a different dimension. God created our universe and the rules by which it operates.
edit on 8-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

God didnt want a bunch of autobots running around loving Him because they knew nothing else.

Exactly. Although I don't think "God" is a "Him" or pays any attention to what people are doing......

it's that mentality of people who do think that, and therefore, because they are indoctrinated, they actually are "knowing nothing else" -

and that is a problem. That is THE problem with religion in general.
In my opinion.

People of some faiths are "not allowed" to look into history, and research, and comparative religious studies without being labelled as heretics and unbelievers and threatened with being bound for "hell." It's ridiculous.

edit on 5/8/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

It is even judgement based on your choices and how they coincide with the word. the more you stray from the word the darker your fate. Its simple choices, make bad ones and you have just desserts, make good ones and there's something rewarded if you will. But think of it this way at least this religion doesn't say go out and kill everyone who disagrees with you because you'll get 72 babies to rape in the next life... Which sounds worse to you?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: borntowatch

Exactly. Although I don't think "God" is a "Him" or pays any attention to what people are doing......

it's that mentality of people who do think that, and therefore, because they are indoctrinated, they actually are "knowing nothing else" -

and that is a problem. That is THE problem with religion in general.
In my opinion.

People of some faiths are "not allowed" to look into history, and research, and comparative religious studies without being labelled as heretics and unbelievers and threatened with being bound for "hell." It's ridiculous.

Well God reveals Himself as the father, as we are discussing the OT we assume we are discussing the Christian God, so Him seems satisfactory in this instance.

In the OT God was described as YHWH, was feared, was considered as He is considered today. There is a definite separation of the actions between the God of the Old testament and the God of the new. A God who judged sinners, evil people, to a God who saw Christ in all humanity.
exactly how a Christian (should) acts after conversion.

When Jesus called God the Father it shocked the Jews, God was a God of laws and rules, not a relational being, not a father figure. God was Lord and King, Jesus taught God was a father
Jesus restored that relationship
We are all individual, God wants individuals, we were created in His image, we know right from wrong, we are activated to be like Him.

The fruit of the tree represents God allowing man a choice, to accept His rules and the promise of eden (a new eden, paradise , heaven) or to refuse god and be separated from God (hell)

The rules have changed, now we are living in a form of hell, Jesus is the fruit of the tree, God tells us to accept, eat the fruit, the tree of life and we are redeemed. Its spiritual
edit on b2015Fri, 08 May 2015 20:22:11 -050053120155pm312015-05-08T20:22:11-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's as may be. Even if God knows what will be, and I think He does, you don't. So you can decide to give up figuring that you will be moved according to the Omniscient Being's plan and you will simply sit there and rot.

God may know who will win the Super Bowl next year, but that doesn't change the fact that not one of us does, nor do the teams, and if the games aren't played ... there won't be a Champion.

The reason why is because time works differently between this world and the next. Heaven where God is at is a different realm, the spiritual realm, a quantum physicist dealing in string theory would call it a different dimension. God created our universe and the rules by which it operates.

I'm not saying that it is impossible for god to be omniscient. What I'm inquiring on is the idea that God has all these rules, which are continuously broken, yet he knows that they will be broken, so why bother punishing people for what they will inevitably do.

It also takes choice and free will out of the equation all together. Even if we are blissfully unaware of gods omniscience (which some people claim is absolutely factual, there for they are aware of his omniscience), that doesn't mean we're actually making any choices at all. Choice would be an illusion if we were destined to make the choices we were going to make.

Lets say a person goes to hell for killing a bunch of people, did he really have a choice in the matter if god already knew he was going to do it? No. He was destined to do it.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeachesNCream
I think the simple answer is choice. God created the fruit so Adam and Eve would more or less have free will to make their own decision. Just like God created a heaven and hell so we as people have our own decision whether or not to live by the bible. Am I religious no.. just my 2 cents.

I keep seeing "free will" and God is omnipotent/omniscient/knows what's going to happen till the end of time. The concept of free will and an omnipotent creator are mutually exclusive. There can be no free will if some being knows everything that is going to happen, because that means everything is based on a "script" and the future is immutable. Just because ***you*** don't know what is going to happen does not mean you have free will.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Why does a mean kid burn ants with a magnifying glass?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Its supposed to present that man has free will to do whatever they want including evil
edit on 8-5-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

First time here no clue what im doing.
Reply is for everyone.
Bible prophecy is happening now.
It is well known.

Perhaps.

This is also happening now.

www.fivedoves.com...

www.near-death.com...

www.endtime.com...

www.2012-spiritual-growth-prophecies.com...

johnthewitness.wordpress.com...

youtu.be...

Read this stuff.

Check back later.

Please be nice i have quite the story to share.

Can explain.

No one goes to the father without knowledge of his son

Jesus saith i am the truth and life no man cometh to the father but by me

" DIMINUTIVE: (Joshua English)
OTHER LANGUAGES: (Yeshua Ancient Aramaic), (Essa, Isa, Issa, Yushua Arabic), (Iesous Biblical Greek), (Yehoshua, Yeshua Biblical Hebrew), (Iesus, Iosue Biblical Latin), (Portuguese, Jesús, Josué )(Spanish, Jesus)"

Enlightenment in its fullest means you see God.

www.thirdeyepinecones.com...

be nice please.

edit on 9-5-2015 by Joshuwa because: added sentences

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Conversely, why would he make a forbidden fruit even though he knew for a fact that it would be eaten anyway?

I really dont know why he would do that . Perhaps the quote below answers that question .

“Your God person puts an apple tree in the middle of a garden and says, do what you like, guys, oh, but don't eat the apple. Surprise surprise, they eat it and he leaps out from behind a bush shouting "Gotcha". It wouldn't have made any difference if they hadn't eaten it.'
'Why not?'
'Because if you're dealing with somebody who has the sort of mentality which likes leaving hats on the pavement with bricks under them you know perfectly well they won't give up. They'll get you in the end.”
― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Joshuwa

How does this post even have 1 star?

I know you're new here (and from what it sounds like, new to the internet and debating as well), but no one is going to read a million links for no given reason, and then promised by someone who hasn't offered even an opinion that they have "quite the story to share".

If you want someone to listen to you, especially someone with opposing views, make at least somewhat of an effort to be more welcoming and interesting.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The answer to all of these questions are rather easy, its a case of mistaken identity. The main character we are told is God with all of his amazing qualities, is not God at all. Just an imposter. Perhaps back in the day, he had some powers but none the less he was an imposter. What do imposters generally do? believe and try to brainwash others in to believing they are the supreme being. One tactic even in our day is to say "I am the good one and anyone who may be competition is the bad one."

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Well said.. Thats one of the reasons im no longer a Christian. That said one could argue we were still able to choose our own journey god just already knows how it ends. But I liked your post I think along the same lines. Star for you.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Sorry friend.

Trying to slowly show you who i am.

Do you really think its a great idea to march in here screaming

Im the Messiah.

Can explain alot of this.

was hoping for you to read above

So your to understand what im about to SHARE with you good people.

People should not Judge one another.

We are just products of what we are taught.

I thought i was being polite. My perception.

You see different.

Thats your perception friend.

I dont know you. But God created everything.
So i look at you as my brother.

Its what happens when you experience what i would like to share.
All you see is Good.
Free from judging.

edit on 9-5-2015 by Joshuwa because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joshuwa
Its what happens when you experience what i would like to share.
All you see is Good.
Free from judging.

In the English language, it's common practice to use paragraphs when dealing with a particular point. I am uninterested in what you would like to share as it seems you have only demonstrated that you have no experience in the matter of the topic at hand. Sure, you may know a bit or two about your belief system, but it's already quite evident that you're unfamiliar with how to start or take part in a rational debate.

You're free to share whatever it is your point may be. So far you've just posted that "I have this incredible experience, but i'm going to withhold it from everyone for no apparent reason". If you have a point, post it.
edit on 9/5/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Point.

Son of man.

Sat at the "throne of God"

Two people did not create the human race.

Its happening now.

Your all talking about Now events.

The beast has a mark in his forehead.

And his right hand.

Could have explained.

The anti christ is from a island.

Eden is in hawaii silly. Look up what zoroaster wrote about "paradise"

Seven heads is seven hills.

Yes it is.

Lucifer is from. "The heights"
Yes i am.

I will put enmity between the woman and her seed and bruise the heel.

Correct.

Lucifer and christ are one in the same.

Its Joshua not Yeshua. Not Yehushua. Not Yehushua. Not isa. Not pbuh.

No Nibiru.
No Aliens.
No crucifixion.

Could explain how hieghtened consciousness can comminicate with the internet.

Could explain how this is all happening now.

Could explain how people are being misled to think we are Gods.

Could tell you what "God" looks like.

Could tell you how christ consciousness is literally what "Alpha/christ/Horus.Ect. shows you during "No one goes to the father without knowledge of his son"

How your all being tricked with this new age spiritual silliness.

Can explain why the so called illuminati worship the "Goat"

Can explain Nephelim.

Wanted to share how time is a illusion.

Explain how ive watched people start sentences. And have someone else finish them.

How nobody acts the same around me anymore.

If anyone cares.

Earasunshine gmail

I was told directly by "The source"
You know. That circle of consciousness that has been found by people. Quantum math/physics.

That no one has done what i have in a long time.

All the links i shared.
Is writing this.

Ive almost lost my mind.
Having "Omnipresence" consciousness.

And having "Truth"

In a world like this is a bit difficult.

I do not Judge you.
But you Judge me.

No one goes to the father unless the father chose him.

Correct?

His will not mine.

Ive suffered a extreme amount of pain for a long time.
Most could not handle this.

Want some truth.

I see many stories online about the annunaki.

Enki is king of kings.
Enki is Lucifer.
Nibiru is lucifer.

The only round red object your world will ever see is the blood moons.

Figure it out.

I have the gift of insight.

Jordan Maxwell is right.

Nobody wants truth.

Adam is christ is lucifer is the snake.

The woman and her seed will remain a mystery.

Its already in movies.
On alex jones show.

Hellboy likes cats.

Katty perry.

Her ET song.

"Different dna"

You think is aliens.

No.

See God
He "puts a mark in your forehead"

And it slows down your aging process.

Buddy.

I AM the rabbit hole.

I was told to go on foot. Like all prophets.

Which i will.

Son of man.
Son of perdition.
The beast.
Lucifer.
Christ.
Yeshua
Jehovah.
Enki
Quetzalcotl

All the same.

edit on 9-5-2015 by Joshuwa because: .