It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See ya Scotland, now please go before influencing our EU referendum for the UK

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Is that all you have to say?
I missed it while reading lots of other threads.
Got some genuine political point to make here or are you just trolling?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Geez, you all are pretty hard on the Scots. Not very nice things you're saying.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't lob rocks. Sad.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Geez, you all are pretty hard on the Scots. Not very nice things you're saying.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't lob rocks. Sad.

Bull#, I call you out.
Quote one single comment I have made which is unkind or 'not nice' to Scots. Go on, I'm looking forward to defending my case.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Call me out all you want. You're just spoiling for a fight. I will not give you the satisfaction.

Just about everything you said in most of your posts is insulting and comes off as snobbish and whining.

Have a nice day. I'm done here.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

That's cool, there is no place for any unsubstantiated whinging in any thread I author

See ya, and leave quickly, as I say to the independence seeking Scots...do one soon as lol.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hey!

We Scots are not going anywhere!

We had a referendum, we decided by a majority to remain as part of the UK.

As far as the EU goes, looks the the SNP will probably do all they can to keep us in.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Which is extremely ironic, seeing as SNP want independence from the UK and if they got that they would no longer be EU members and need to reapply, which would take years, isn't guaranteed and has been suggested as unlikely as all the member states wouldn't allow them. The head of the EU said so and so have many others of such rank, it is a statute.

It's like they are in total denial of the facts.

As far as the EU goes, looks the the SNP will probably do all they can to keep us in.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The OP is not only bitter, but also extremely butthurt. You can sense the pain in his butt-hole emanating from every post.

He claims to be engaging in "reasoned political debate", when in reality most of his posts reek of senility. Repeats of the same infantile idea over and over again- "I dunt want teh Scotz voting on muh Inglish issues, pleaze leave Scotz I dunt want u".

As if we all haven't heard it a thousand times before.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DiggerDogg
The OP is not only bitter, but also extremely butthurt. You can sense the pain in his butt-hole emanating from every post.

He claims to be engaging in "reasoned political debate", when in reality most of his posts reek of senility. Repeats of the same infantile idea over and over again- "I dunt want teh Scotz voting on muh Inglish issues, pleaze leave Scotz I dunt want u".

I disagree and think it a valid statement, If the Scots are to leave the UK then why should they have a vote on the UK's status in the EU if leaving anway?

Seems pretty sensible to me unless Scotland pledges a good 20 to 30 years of UK membership?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: DiggerDogg

I disagree and think it a valid statement, If the Scots are to leave the UK then why should they have a vote on the UK's status in the EU if leaving anway?

Seems pretty sensible to me unless Scotland pledges a good 20 to 30 years of UK membership?

Well yeah, it's obviously a valid concern. I just meant that the way the OP goes about expressing it, is reminiscent of my dementia-laden uncle repeating things like a broken record. At this point the OP is not "debating" at all, he is just barking the same #e over and over.

Time to move on I say, the topic is well worn here on ATS. It looks like this will definitely be addressed by the new incumbent gov anyway, so what's all the whining about? Barking on the Internet changes absolutely nothing.

I'll tell you what this is really about: B U T T H U R T.
edit on 9-5-2015 by DiggerDogg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DiggerDogg

Well why not's lets just agree to disagree here then chap.

If you think that Scotlands independance in the future and a possible EU referendum for the UK is old news then thats peachy.

I think It's pretty important at the moment so will keep at it but bright blessings to you sir.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

An agreement on T&C of being part of the UK should have been established at the previous referendum, including commitment terms. That is something that Cameron should be putting in place as a priority before any referendums on EU and anything that involves the whole of the UK. Additionally, such things as proportional representation, English votes for English laws and scrapping the Barnett formula. The UK population should be voting to establish opinion on commitment T&C, independence and potential terms.

edit on 9-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Well why not's lets just agree to disagree here then chap.

If you think that Scotlands independance in the future and a possible EU referendum for the UK is old news then thats peachy.

I think It's pretty important at the moment so will keep at it but bright blessings to you sir.

No you got me all wrong. I didn't mean it's old news, I meant the particular theme of this thread is old news. You know what I mean, there's been a hundred threads on this and everybody's looking at it from the same angle. No new insights abound.

I don't even know if I disagree with you or not, so no, I can't agree to disagree.

Good day to then you, chap.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: crazyewok

Is it not funny?

The scots whine about being ruled by the "oppresive" westminster yet are happy to be ruled from Brussels and berlin?
I've always chuckled at that. They will have even less power in th EU on their own, but hey, I don't live in Scotland so good luck to them, I won't really care.
If they don't wanna stay in the UK, cool, do one quickly I feel now.

They just might have more power than the UK currently enjoys, if they decide to switch to the euro. Many decision regarding EU fiscal policies are made within the euro group, which is only open to eurozone countries.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
The scots like a laugh, maybe they will stick around just to mess with us

Of course they will. The rest of the UK is a good source of financial support.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: moniker

originally posted by: Biigs
The scots like a laugh, maybe they will stick around just to mess with us

Of course they will. The rest of the UK is a good source of financial support.

We support each other in the spirit of a United Kingdom both financially and militarily, i know this little fact doesn't sit well with both the Scots and English nationalists here but there you have it, our finances and shared interests and military are so intertwined it will be no quick get up and go if the seperatists on either side of the border have their way
edit on 2015-05-10T06:07:20-05:00am075America/Chicago05 by cainem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

"I'll tell you what this is really about: B U T T H U R T."

That's the word I was looking for

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
What was the actual number of people who voted for the SNP?
I wonder if not voting for proportional representation when we had the chance has screwed us up?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

The voting referendum ws for the option to change to the AV system not sure how that would have panned out but as we said no it's something of an irrelavance.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
What was the actual number of people who voted for the SNP?
I wonder if not voting for proportional representation when we had the chance has screwed us up?

1.4 million.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join