It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See ya Scotland, now please go before influencing our EU referendum for the UK

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm not even remotely sure why you believe I'm emotional or a drama queen?
Anyway... you're confusing two issues.
Voting SNP and all of Scotland not wanting to be part of the Union.
The SNP did not fight this election on independence... they fought it on anti-austerity and anti-tory stuff... for the umpteenth time.

Anyway.... it's cool, it's becoming circular now and kinda boring.
You can make up whatever you like in your head.

enjoy.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
The SNP did not fight this election on independence... they fought it on anti-austerity and anti-tory stuff... for the umpteenth time.
Behave, the SNP's absolute primary purpose is to achieve independence from the UK no matter what else they may say. You must be naive to believe that the SNP have changed in any way regarding independence...they just changed the conversation in a cynical attempt to gain more seats.

It worked well for them though so I congratulate them, while chuckling at the Unionist majority government in Westminster which will hopefully drag the Barnett formula into the 21st Century and stop the Scots MP's voting on solely English matters.

The SNP can do nothing in Westminster now except whinge.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: Soloprotocol

''Imperial masters'' (is that a comment from Braveheart?) there you go name calling again because you cannot keep to the point and know the truth is not the same as that spouted by the toxic Sturgeon.

Throwing their dummy out the pram because Westminster happens to be in England and convenient to blame for Scotland's woes whilst they are the cause themselves is the point. The Barnett formula will soon be scrapped and English votes for English laws will be in place. If Scotland ever got their fantasy land 'freedom' from England they would soon regret it.

As I said I grew up there and I do not hate Scotland, I have lived in England longer than Scotland, it is my home and I feel more comfortable and safer here than in Scotland, but even so, I would prefer that the people there aren't subjected to the ruination promised by the SNP. Nor the English people (majority) subjected to the Braveheart fantasies of a bunch of (minority) deluded Nationalists.

Do not bother replying, I have said it all before to you when there was a referendum, read my opinions there if you want.

No, it's actually a quote from Star Wars, but lets not split hairs here..Darth Vader, Darth Cameron what's the difference..Both a couple of Spoon faced, over privileged, dictatorial arseholes.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Better start campaigning for that independence referendum again then fella, because right now your 56 SNP MP's can do nothing but whinge for the next 5 years.

*Edit*
We agree on one thing, you want Scotland to leave the UK sooner than later. I want you and those who share your view to get their wish sooner than later. Before the referendum on UK membership of the EU is my preferred timeline.
edit on 9.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme
Did IQ's on ATS just drop sharply overnight?

Its supposed that ATS patrons are able to see past the obvious and discern the truth, the REAL truth that is and not the version foisted on you.

Now if you think for one minute that Scotland has been costing 'Englands United Kingdom' cash for years, you have the intelligence of a soap dish! So the SNP got a majority vote, should they have voted for the lying Tories who have shown their hatred for Scotland for years, or Ed Milliband who all but threatened the UK with not forming a govt with the SNP if that would get the Tories out ?

Poch ma thon

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Better start campaigning for that independence referendum again then fella, because right now your 56 SNP MP's can do nothing but whinge for the next 5 years.

Here's how it works..The SNP or whoever put in there manifesto that they wish to hold a referendum on Scotland's independence...people either vote for it or they dont, It's the people of Scotland who will decide..Not you, not Cameron, Not the Queen..Fact...Lets see how this all works out between now and the Scottish Elections 2016...one thing is for sure, The momentum for Independence is well and truly on Scotland's side ....but as they say, a week is a long time in Politics.

Lets face some facts, Scottish Independence is inevitable and it will happen in our lifetime. At this moment in time the UK is fractured beyond belief and being held together with sticking plasters. We will be fine, we will have our ups and downs, you know, just like every other country has it's ups and downs.....Waits on Comparisons between Scotland and Zimbawe, North Korea, Jamaica, Ukraine etc etc....not going to happen.
edit on 9-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yep, and as I said, we share a similar wish. You want to leave the UK, and I want those who wish to leave the UK to get their wish and do one quickly so we can all move on.
What are you whinging about, and who said it was anything other than the decision of Scots? Not me, just more lame invention on your part.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yep, and as I said, we share a similar wish. You want to leave the UK, and I want those who wish to leave the UK to get their wish and do one quickly so we can all move on.
What are you whinging about, and who said it was anything other than the decision of Scots? Not me, just more lame invention on your part.

No, you are whinging about the EU...oh the Irony. You want Independence from Europe, I want Independence from the UK...You want Decisions on what happens in England to be made solely in England and i want decisions on what happens in Scotland to be made solely in Scotland...Now Lets hold hands and skip off into the sunset together as we appear to have found our soulmate...Ha.
edit on 9-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So....its a bad thing that scottish MP's vote on english matters that wont affect them.
But its ok for english MP's to vote on matters that wouldnt apply to them either?

Put the #ty stick down and use yer nut, CHANGE is a good thing, but TPTB are terrified of it, more than a shifty arab fella with dodgy parcel and a whiff of almonds!

I DONT hate the english...well except at the world cup.
Its just the old divide and conquer game again, with a good old bosh of jingoistic pish for good measure.
Newsflash: Bettys family are krauts and her old mans as english as a chicken sovlaki, St George is a Turkish story and them 'Three lions on my shirt' arent exactly english are they? No theyre lions of Anjou, thats french to you and me.

Old Eddie Longshanks was french too, a Plantagenet apparently.

After 500 years Britain has woven into a pretty cohesive union, one of the richest on the planet and with more than a little input from Alba, but things change so why not change thinsg for the better?
Four nations in a UNITED kingdom attending to their own affairs, but with strength of support of the others when TSHTF.....or would you prefer Al Murray won a seat in parliament?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClydeBuilt

So....its a bad thing that scottish MP's vote on english matters that wont affect them.
But its ok for english MP's to vote on matters that wouldnt apply to them either?
Do you not understand how the UK is currently governed? Of all the devolved budgets and departments which Scotland alone controls including health, MP's from other parts of the UK have no vote over decisions taken there. Scottish MP's can however vote on solely English health matters and that situation should not be the case.
It was wrong when Scottish MP's tipped the balance in a solely non-Scottish vote which introduced tuition fees which Scotland does not have. Justify that to me please, I'm all ears.

Put the #ty stick down and use yer nut, CHANGE is a good thing, but TPTB are terrified of it, more than a shifty arab fella with dodgy parcel and a whiff of almonds!

I DONT hate the english...well except at the world cup.
Its just the old divide and conquer game again, with a good old bosh of jingoistic pish for good measure.
Newsflash: Bettys family are krauts and her old mans as english as a chicken sovlaki, St George is a Turkish story and them 'Three lions on my shirt' arent exactly english are they? No theyre lions of Anjou, thats french to you and me.

Old Eddie Longshanks was french too, a Plantagenet apparently.

After 500 years Britain has woven into a pretty cohesive union, one of the richest on the planet and with more than a little input from Alba, but things change so why not change thinsg for the better?
Four nations in a UNITED kingdom attending to their own affairs, but with strength of support of the others when TSHTF.....or would you prefer Al Murray won a seat in parliament?

No #ty stick in my hand, and the rest of your post is dreamland, the SNP want total independence so please stop trying to insert your idea of utopia into the future of the UK. They want to leave, I have no problem with that, just want them to get it over with.

I am pleased about the SNP's 56 MP's having no influence in UK matters now there is a controlling majority in parliament.
The Barnett formula WILL be dragged into the 21st Century, and there will be nothing the SNP can do to stop English only MP votes on English only matters. Bring it on Cameron, you might even get my vote next time.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oi, Get that S#### aff ma face.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClydeBuilt

It was wrong when Scottish MP's tipped the balance in a solely non-Scottish vote which introduced tuition fees which Scotland does not have. Justify that to me please, I'm all ears.

Did any SNP members vote..?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hahaha! I did it just for you Solo, just for you.
The 49.5 represents the percent of the whole UK share of the vote for the only two parties standing for an EU referendum.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Makes no difference. It was MP's from Scottish constituencies who tipped the balance in the Parliament vote which introduced Uni tuition fee's in England. Scotland controls it's own devolved education budget and non-Scottish MP's cannot influence it with any vote. Scottish MP's should have no vote in solely English issues such as that.
It was a disgrace, and I await anyone who can justify such a situation?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Old Eddie Longshanks was french too, a Plantagenet apparently

Point out the innuendo then fella?
Troll much? LOL

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ClydeBuilt

[/yawn] Yeah, you said that earlier in the thread.
What exactly has that got to do with the OP and my wish for those who want to leave the UK to do so quickly and before they can influence any referendum on EU membership of a country they do not wish to be part of?

*Edit*
Oh and you appear much more trollish by cut n pasting the exact same silly off-topic comments.
edit on 9.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Scotland will become the 51st State...mark my words... hehe

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Hardly

Scotland wants to run off and get close to the EU!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Hardly

Scotland wants to run off and get close to the EU!

True, which is why if they want to go, then I want them to go quickly, and before they can have any say on the UK's membership of the EU. I don't want them polluting the vote results if they don't even want to be part of my country.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

There you go....

But be careful what you wish for.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join