It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See ya Scotland, now please go before influencing our EU referendum for the UK

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: sapien82

Sorry to burst your bubble as a Scot the SNP forcasted landslide pushed many in England to vote Tory because labour had no chance up here so that killed any chance they would win.

As for wee Nic & Eck they keep on claiming they speak for Scots well they DON'T speak for us all I don't want to Scotland covered with anymore wind turbines & now bio-mass power plants, I also want out of Europe and don't want the EURO.

We have an aging population and it's people working NOW that pay for the state pension being payed to the elderly now so it's better having 10's of millions paying into the pension pot than a few.

Jusr remember this it doesn't matter who you vote for the government still gets in!

Just look at whats happened to the oil price also a lot of Chinese whisky drinkers have got a lot poorer over the last week.

You might be happier if you moved down south.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigyin
Meh, they will probably demand another referendum if England votes out of the EU and Scotland votes to continue suckling the euro welfare teet.

*Edit*
Funny as # with all the smug talk of oil revenue now the price per barrel has gone through the floor lol

edit on 21.12.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Meh, they will probably demand another referendum if England votes out of the EU and Scotland votes to continue suckling the euro welfare teet.

*Edit*
Funny as # with all the smug talk of oil revenue now the price per barrel has gone through the floor lol

LOL!!

They are making an assumption there! .... will the EU 'even want' an independent

Scotland?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

a reply to: bigyin

*Edit*

They can demand a referendum if they want, we voted no. They will not get another referendum, not any time soon. It isn't as easy as starting an online poll you know. Years of campaigning is necessary to decide whether the millions £'s required to stage a vote will amount to the outcome they desire, especially following a no vote as another no would be overwhelmingly embarrassing for the party.

And you started this thread by saying "nothing against the Scots", but that doesn't prevent your typical anti-Scot jibes towards us. You sound like a disgruntled teenager with the Scotland flag in the middle of your dart board.
edit on 21/12/15 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk
Nope, just prefer you guys do one sooner than later, all political nothing personal.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

When you say our referendum, you do realise Scotland is part of Great Britain and the U.K.? So has as much right to influence the election as Londoners or the welsh?

edit on 21-12-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: grainofsand

When you say our referendum, you do realise Scotland is part of Great Britain and the U.K.? So has as much right to influence the election as Londoners or the welsh?

At the time this comment had some significance and it still does now.

There is already talk of another Scotish referendum dependant on the outcome of the EU one.

The general sentiment was that it was akin to letting your lodger help choose how to decorate your house when you know they are moving out next month anyway

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Nope, just prefer you guys do one sooner than later, all political nothing personal.

"You guys" - Sorry mate but if it's political you need to clean up on your grammar to avoid it looking personal. I am one of the majority who voted no. I am one of the millions of Scots who voted Tory.

When you say "you guys do one", I assume you are pointing your finger at the SNP and the minority of voters who voted 'yes to independence' in which case your opinion is irrelevant as the referendum has already been held and now simply a stain in the past.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Still think it funny how the SNP and there ilk dont want to be ruled from Westminster but happy to be ruled from brussels and Berlin!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Still think it funny how the SNP and there ilk dont want to be ruled from Westminster but happy to be ruled from brussels and Berlin!

I don't understand anything about the SNP, and the people who support them. The famous 'White Paper' has been torn to shreds since it's creation and it's now a document rich with idiocy. Had there been enough fools to vote 'yes' at the time of the referendum, Scotland would have been nearing it's demise as a proud nation, due to the short-comings of fools with power.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

I am one of the millions of Scots who voted Tory.

Eh..? are you talking before the WW2..The tories never even got past 500,000 votes at the last election.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I don't understand anything about the SNP, and the people who support them. The famous 'White Paper' has been torn to shreds since it's creation and it's now a document rich with idiocy. Had there been enough fools to vote 'yes' at the time of the referendum, Scotland would have been nearing it's demise as a proud nation, due to the short-comings of fools with power.

Any proof of this..?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

One could ask why so many Scottish in the London Parliament - do they pay better or give better expenses I wonder?

Completely with you on this one, go Scotland go! Nothing to do with the Scottish people but they have their own parliament and its as though we the English are invisible and don't count yet we provide most of the wealth.

Part of the problem stopping this separation is that you have many in the Lords and especially royalty and parliament, who have vested interests in Scotland so they will fight tooth and nail. But if you look at the amount of Scots one would think were actually English like Sir Malcolm Rifkin who was on the tv telling us one night we should always be joined to Scotland, yet who did not reveal his Scottish roots etc, you know vested interested is put before the benefits of the people.

We English would have a lot of pressure taken off our taxes because our government would be smaller and not the world player many of the egoists in London think they actually are. We never get asked about this, but Cameron (another Scottish name) will fight tooth and nail not to let us benefit from being a smaller country. He loves giving our money away and backing his fellow elite.

If its too much for queenie she and her lot could also go live in Scotland with my best wishes for a hasty departure. Doubt it would suit Harry's social life though.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Totally agree. It would have been funny for a fraction of a second (sorry Nats) and then it would have been full blown realisation of the hardships some of our fellow countrymen (again, sorry Nats) were suddenly facing.

I both love and loathe Scotland in the way that one can only do with close family. We are allowed to laugh at Scottish failings.....but no other bugger is allowed to. And whilst i may laugh myself silly at sporting mishaps, i would never wish economic or social hardships on anyone, let alone fellow countrymen.

Even if they vote for independence at some point in the future, Scotland still shares so much history, heritage and blood with the rest of us, they will never be truly independent (a bit like the teenage kids moving out....to the newly converted garage flat!).

The thing i did find very funny was the Nats obsession with the facts that the SNP economic plans were sound - when every decent economic expert was telling them they were full of holes. These same experts were then denounced as being anti scottish, etc, when the reality is that events have proved them correct. Even the most ardent of Nats must now be at least slightly relieved the vote went against them.....at least for now.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Political map in Scotland right now..If ever there was proof the referendum was rigged then this is it.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Any proof of this..?

Um, the oil crash? The SNP has centred around $113 boe which would have now left us bankrupt before we had even began. We would have been on our knees outside the IMF asking for a bail-out.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Political map in Scotland right now..If ever there was proof the referendum was rigged then this is it.

Rigged? How do you rig a national vote?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I am one of the millions of Scots who voted Tory.

Eh..? are you talking before the WW2..The tories never even got past 500,000 votes at the last election.

I maybe exaggerated, however it is irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: crazyewok

One could ask why so many Scottish in the London Parliament - do they pay better or give better expenses I wonder?

Completely with you on this one, go Scotland go! Nothing to do with the Scottish people but they have their own parliament and its as though we the English are invisible and don't count yet we provide most of the wealth.

They are seated in the house of commons (or as you like to call it, the 'London Parliament') because they hold the constituency? Why are you confused by this?

No, we don't have 'our own' parliament. We share a parliament with the UK, as we are part of the UK, remember?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Any proof of this..?

Um, the oil crash? The SNP has centred around $113 boe which would have now left us bankrupt before we had even began. We would have been on our knees outside the IMF asking for a bail-out.

Some people will never get it...Scotland's economy is not based on oil, never has been. Supposing the Oil crashed to $5 a barrel That's still $4.58 more than we are getting right now.

We have 8% of the population yet we export 33% of all the UKs food and drink industry abroad.. 1 Billion of which is Taxed from London..yeah you heard that right.

Our Whisky industry is taxed from London so it doesn't even show up as part of Scotlands GDP. And that's just for starters..Scotland's Stolen Waters... have a wee look at that for an eye opener on how London steals from Scotland's wealth.

Steel plant closures this year...Better together..?

Longannet gone..Better together..?

2000 HMRC jobs Gone..better together...Ship building jobs promised for the Clyde...Gone...Better together?

Scottish Renewable energy industry destroyed ..Still think we are better together??...and you clowns fell for the LIE.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join