It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See ya Scotland, now please go before influencing our EU referendum for the UK

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

a reply to: Soloprotocol

Cool, better get a majority of your countryfolk to agree, I'm easy, a 50.5% in favour is good enough for me, do one from the UK then all the infighting is a Scottish issue and I'll hopefully hear no more of it on ATS.
Losing that alleged billion from UK coffers ain't gonna affect my life, and the real truth of Scotland's budget will be clear after independence.

You have my support Solo, It'll be great to read about y'all bitching n whinging about yerselves lol

Cool,you're happy with a .5% win on the euro vote but unhappy that Scotland voted 45%-55% because the gap was too small and created uncertainty. ?

Dont you think a 0.5% in favour either way will create even more uncertainty and upheaval in England or the whole of the UK...?
Maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been, I'll be happy with a 0.5% vote win for Scottish folk who want to leave the UK.
The 45/55 vote to stay in the UK genuinely was my worst case scenario because the problem remained ongoing in the UK.
55% voting out would have been preferable to me because it would have then been an issue for Scots alone to whinge about.
If you require more clarification please just shout me, I'm happy to help.

oh, so it's ok for Scotland to be on the end of a narrow margin but England.? what happens then? ...

Sorry to break the bad news, there wont even be a Euro referendum. Trust me. it's BS, just Cameron and co deluding the already easily deluded into thinking the UK is THAT important in the grand scheme of all things Europe. The Empire is Finished mate.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Your title "See ya Scotland, now please go before influencing our EU referendum for the UK"

what your saying is that Scotland shouldn't have a democratic right to vote on an EU referendum when we had previously exercised our democratic right to an independence referendum ?
because less than half of us wanted to leave the Uk the majority should be stripped of their democratic right to determine our future in the EU?
So what part of that is better together ?

I think we will stay in the EU ,after all better together right ?

Want to know why its SNP in Scotland , because the other parties are a useless shower of bastards who do nothing for the people at least the SNP have shaken things up in parliament and hopefully if they keep going the way they are things will change not just for Scotland but for the rest of Britain.

Its about time someone sorted this mess of a united kingdom out.

Because the tories aren't going to do it are they!
edit on 27-8-2015 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I see Scots are whinging again with the bumping of the Scotland Vote No In Referendum – Selfish, Scared People, Well Done! thread, so I say again here, do one Scotland, quickly, please leave before your elected SNP EU loving representatives influence the UK vote on Europe next year.
Your whinging is tiresome now, you had one vote, slim result, but then voted overwhelmingly for an independence party in the general election.
Do one yeh, stop dragging it out. It won't affect my life in any way so I don't care, I'm just tired of hearing Scots bleating about everything wrong there being the fault of the rest of the UK.
Lame.

Well its nae # else's fault that we have a #in tory party in power again that's soley down to our English cousins naw?
We didnae vote for those evil #s

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
those #s in wesminster would be gassin the disabled if they could get away with it and if it saved them money!

I cannae keep count of how many people I know who either are disabled or care for someone in their family with disabilities who have recently been bent over and strapped to a barrel then royally #ed up the arse by a creepy wee tory #boy wae nae lube and no even the decency of a reach around!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Sorry to burst your bubble as a Scot the SNP forcasted landslide pushed many in England to vote Tory because labour had no chance up here so that killed any chance they would win.

As for wee Nic & Eck they keep on claiming they speak for Scots well they DON'T speak for us all I don't want to Scotland covered with anymore wind turbines & now bio-mass power plants, I also want out of Europe and don't want the EURO.

We have an aging population and it's people working NOW that pay for the state pension being payed to the elderly now so it's better having 10's of millions paying into the pension pot than a few.

Jusr remember this it doesn't matter who you vote for the government still gets in!

Just look at whats happened to the oil price also a lot of Chinese whisky drinkers have got a lot poorer over the last week.

edit on 27-8-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

No one held a gun to their head and said vote tory!

They weren't being beaten outside the polling stations and being asked to vote tory

Lets face it labour didnt have a chance since they duped the UK into voting them in then going to war despite mass protest
thats why labour didnt have a monkeys chance because they lied convincingly and repeated those lies until they were a broken sham of a party.

Whats wrong with wind farms and biomass plants if it means we depend less on foreign energy support , if we can support ourselves then we are a strong nation.
Renewable energy is the way forward , e-diesel , and renewables , not buying off Russia for gas and the Middle east for Oil.
Leading in renewable energy would mean we could export our energy to other countries like our neighbours for instance!

London and the torie loving scumbags doon there are the reason the rest of the UK are currently suffering , the scottish vote is largely ignored due to population as London and the rest of England far out weighs us in terms of voting power.
So yes its entirely those #s who voted tory in England as to why the rest of us will suffer.

The voting numbers don't lie do they ?

Also who the # votes tactically ? You should vote whoever you think will benefit us the best not to provide the greatest opposition to the party you least like.

It's about the benefit of the nations together not throwing us into a never ending debate where any possible good to come out is thwarted by the opposing party because they are like silly bairns bickering oor a toy!
And that is exactly what westminster has become #in monkeys the lot of them arguing back and forth and never turning up to discuss the real important issues , turn up once then sod off once you have been there for register and to claim yer cash back for yer travel or whatever.
Then doon the pub to snort lines ae charlie oot an underage rent boys arsehole

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

oh, so it's ok for Scotland to be on the end of a narrow margin but England.?
I don't really care what happens in Scotland if y'all vote out of the UK, you should know that Solo.

Sorry to break the bad news, there wont even be a Euro referendum. Trust me. it's BS
I'll hold you to that when we get our ballot papers, expect much piss take lol.

just Cameron and co deluding the already easily deluded into thinking the UK is THAT important in the grand scheme of all things Europe. The Empire is Finished mate.
Who's talking about the empire? Not me. This is about democracy and the first chance in my life to vote about staying in the EU or not.
You drop to your knees with a begging mouth to Europe if you want, I'm voting out. We shall see who wins theday next year.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

originally posted by: sapien82
at least the SNP have shaken things up in parliament and hopefully if they keep going the way they are things will change not just for Scotland but for the rest of Britain.

Hahaha! The SNP have shaken up nothing in Parliament!

They are a toothless minor UK party which needs the support of every other opposition party, plus a rebellion of at least 12 Tory MP's to stop the government doing anything it likes.

Nah, Scotland is still very much ruled from London, you've just got more nationalists in Parliament to whinge about all the woes of your nation while being able to do absolutely nothing of substance.

Yep, 56 out of 59 Scottish MP's all wanting independence, I say do one sooner rather than later. Then it will be an end of the whinging and lame cries of freedom. I look forward to the day.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I must admit it will be fun hearing you whine when the same establishment spin and media bias that scuppered what would have been a yes vote in Scotland does the same to your EU exit aspirations. Perhaps if you take a moment to look in the mirror you will see that the only one whining about anything is you and it is all about we Scots, you sound like a closet racist.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Haha behave yourself with the closet racist thing, absolutely ridiculous if that's the best you can contribute to this thread. Scots, English, Welsh, are not protected under race laws, it is why Solo is free to call the English all bastards (and much worse) and I am free to say I hope your majority nationalist (independence seeking) MP's get their vote (again) and y'all do one from the union so I don't have to hear you whinging about it any more.

...you won't hear me whinge if the vote is to stay in the EU, that's just democracy however flawed it is because people cannot think freely or research things outside of tabloids and TV news.
I'll leave the whinging to Scots thanks very much.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Haha behave yourself with the closet racist thing, absolutely ridiculous if that's the best you can contribute to this thread. Scots, English, Welsh, are not protected under race laws, it is why Solo is free to call the English all bastards (and much worse) and I am free to say I hope your majority nationalist (independence seeking) MP's get their vote (again) and y'all do one from the union so I don't have to hear you whinging about it any more.

...you won't hear me whinge if the vote is to stay in the EU, that's just democracy however flawed it is because people cannot think freely or research things outside of tabloids and TV news.

Point out where i said the Words English Bastards.. ?

And as for your comment, "You wont here me Whinge if the vote is to stay in the EU"...Really,?? You started a whole thread about Scotland and you have whinged tirelessly about us on 22 pages so far. You are the biggest whinger on all matters Scotland.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Point out where i said the Words English Bastards.. ?
Behave Solo, you've insulted the English many many times over the years, I really can't be arsed to go through all those "Freedom!" Scotland threads prior to the referendum.
How many of your posts removed for breach of T's & C's or manners violations? Lots and lots, and it is a pity because I wish some of your more vile replies could be seen to help others understand your true sentiments.

And as for your comment, "You wont here me Whinge if the vote is to stay in the EU"...Really,?? You started a whole thread about Scotland and you have whinged tirelessly about us on 22 pages so far. You are the biggest whinger on all matters Scotland.
Hahaha! Nah, I'm encouraging y'all to vote out of the UK so I no longer have to hear Scots whinging about being in the UK. I'm on your side man, I support your dreams of independence.
Do one...and sooner than later if ya can

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The truth of the matter is that there was no real alternative party for the Scots. I am sure a lot of those that voted no at the referendum voted for the SNP, now that the referendum is off the agenda, or at least so it seemed. I voted yes but have no desire to remain in the EU. There are many like me. The SNP like to talk about how the Scots want to stay in but it's just political waffle...nobody has asked us. The reason the SNP won so many seats is not because we Scots are hell bent on independence but the Labour party have died a death...and rightly so.

I doubt there will be any exit. You will be moaning my friend when all the usual establishment shenanigans are in play. I will be here to say lol, in a friendly way.

It's all good.

edit on 27-8-2015 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Good to hear of a Scot who isn't in love with the EU

The way the SNP make out is that you guys are few and far between!

...oh, and if the vote is to stay in the EU then I expect you to pull me up on any whinging afterwards lol, you know it's what I would do. Nice reasoned reply fella, I gave you a star, and I'm quite tight fisted with them usually lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Hey, thanks for the star!

Chances are any forthcoming whining will have just cause. I wasn't really thinking about afterwards, but how the media, politicians and the city spin it as it unfolds. It might be frustrating!
Just think, we will be on the same side...lol.

I think the main thing is not to get too caught up in it all and expect what's coming. I got a bit carried away with our referendum, perhaps it's good that we stayed, who can say? I just saw it as a chance to break away from Westminster and the City. I cast my vote with a little trepidation, silly really, as if my vote was going to make any difference anyway.

I am all for leaving the EU and will vote for it but this time round I plan to keep my sense of humour and equanimity.

Regards midicon.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The problem with the SNP and ALL political parties they think that every proposal they make is RIGHT even when it isn't like that little toad wee ECK claiming he speaks for all Scot's well he DOESN'T.

Scotland relies heavily on tourism and a lot of that has to do with our very scenic countryside which is being blighted by turbines people are being forced to put up with bio mass plants on there door step one refused planning permission by a local council has been given the go ahead by the Scottish Government even though it breaks the conditions for planning were it will be built. Why have they forced it through because of SNP targets for green energy.

It also takes years for a wind turbine to off set the emissions created just by the manufacture of the concrete in it's foundation.

Keeping at least one nuclear power station working would help but the SNP again don't want that.

They we have the SNP MASCOT SIR SEAN TAX AVOIDER CONNERY wheeled out at every opportunity by we Eck and having the cheek to tell us how to vote when he doesn't even live here.

Like I said it DOESN'T matter who you vote for the government always gets in! because once in they are all the same

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

We are on the same side fella, and I would be more than happy with either a strong union wanted by the majority of us voting out of the EU, or an independent Scotland outside of the EU working in partnership with the continuing UK I will be a citizen of.
The 'in limbo' stalemate we have isn't healthy for any of us.
I look forward to our discussion over the coming year

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Pull the other one pal , at least they #in show up to debate topics and do their jobs no swan off like those other parties !

Since SNP have got more seats in parliament more people are questioning whats going on down there , well maybe in Scotland they are anyway.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Pull the other one pal , at least they #in show up to debate topics and do their jobs
I made no claims that they don't do their jobs or turn up, I said they are a toothless minor UK party which needs the support of every other opposition party, plus a rebellion of at least 12 Tory MP's to stop the government doing anything it likes.

Since SNP have got more seats in parliament more people are questioning whats going on down there , well maybe in Scotland they are anyway.
Questioning government is always a good thing, are you implying that prior to the 56 SNP MP's being voted in the people of Scotland tended not to question what goes on in Westminster?
I don't believe that.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I was just alluding to the fact that more and more people are becoming political in Scotland as of the referendum, so more of population who would never go out and vote are now becoming political or at least trying to understand the political process where as before they just were not bothered or didnt think it mattered.

Also just to enhance a stereotype I was off work today and so I was steamin last night when i replied to aww yer posts

Coming from Grangemouth I know full well what its like when a small town is hit with Biomass plants and wind turbines and how its a blight on the land , try living in a town with a major petrochemical plant !
So you know why Id rather see biomass and wind turbines rather than a hydrocracker and steam towers

Anyways wishing you all a heavy belter of a weekend , take it easy. Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Hahaha fair one, no worries, it's only digital debate

Have a top weekend yourself, quiet one tonight for me, knackered after busy week, but holiday Monday off so should be silliness tomorrow and Sunday.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join