It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See ya Scotland, now please go before influencing our EU referendum for the UK

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

True but in my area the council executive or 'cabinet' is made up of elected people. We would lose all of that in a centralised Civil Service running the same things like, social services, care, roads, parks, blah.
I would not want a Civil Service running everything, that would seem Orwellian to me.
Same reasons I want out of the EU.

*Edit*
I used to make decisions, and sign them, on behalf of Secretary's of State, back in the day in my previous Civil Service life.
They could not be appealed against. They were "Secretary of State decisions".
I mostly made decisions for the benefit of the citizen, but I know other [un]Civil Servants did not.
I prefer dealing with elected local local officials wherever possible, that accountability is something I support.
edit on 19.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yes, I know it quite well.
Got a mate who went to the boarding school the Monks ran in the 70's as well.
That is all I am prepared to publish online.

*Edit*
Sorry to go all serious there folks but I just had to then with talk of the Monks of Buckfast.
Ex-monk and headteacher admits having 5,000 indecent images of children

Monk jailed for schoolboys abuse

...not my personal experiences, but my thoughts about that place are always influenced by the stories of my mate, and the published stories in MSM.
edit on 19.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
LMAO, just seen this in the local rag....

Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Hahaha!
To be fair though, if the people of Cumbria want that I would always support their wishes, Berwick upon Tweed in Northumberland play in the Scottish league. I support local democracy.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

edit on 21-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Interesting videos, especially the 'sea border' changes.
To be honest though fella I don't really care. If Scotland votes to leave the UK then I expect and assume that my nation will strike the harshest deal it can. If we can get away with shafting more oil in the eyes of international bodies, and that benefits me in the UK, then cool beans man,
I'll care little about what happens to Scotland if you become a foreign country. Why the # would I?

...oh, and as for that 2nd video, thanks for the laugh! What a load of sensationalist, whinging and whining with # all factually based argument. Reminds me a lot of some members here on ATS.
Lol, I actually chuckled most of the way through it listening to that bitter sounding Scot narrator.

*Edit*
And if it turns out you end up getting a crappy deal out of it, what could Scotland realistically do about it? Whinge us into submission?

edit on 21.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
*Edit*
And if it turns out you end up getting a crappy deal out of it, what could Scotland realistically do about it? Whinge us into submission?

There's always a way to bring your masters to the negotiating table.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Yeah, wonder how many of these people live in Cumbria! Anyone can fill in a petition.

That said, a significant proportion of the people of the Orkney Islands would not want to live in an independent Scotland, preferring to cut themselves adrift, or stay with the UK. This demonstrates how difficult these questions of localism can really become.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

*Edit*

There's always a way to bring your masters to the negotiating table.

Hmm, cryptic, nothing specific to suggest then?
In any Scottish 'divorce' negotiations the UK is going to care only about screwing the best deal it can for the UK that it can get away with in the eyes of international bodies.
If the only party unhappy with the settlement is Scotland then realistically there will be nothing the new little foreign nation will be able to do about it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I see Scots are whinging again with the bumping of the Scotland Vote No In Referendum – Selfish, Scared People, Well Done! thread, so I say again here, do one Scotland, quickly, please leave before your elected SNP EU loving representatives influence the UK vote on Europe next year.
Your whinging is tiresome now, you had one vote, slim result, but then voted overwhelmingly for an independence party in the general election.
Do one yeh, stop dragging it out. It won't affect my life in any way so I don't care, I'm just tired of hearing Scots bleating about everything wrong there being the fault of the rest of the UK.
Lame.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I see Scots are whinging again with the bumping of the Scotland Vote No In Referendum – Selfish, Scared People, Well Done! thread, so I say again here, do one Scotland, quickly, please leave before your elected SNP EU loving representatives influence the UK vote on Europe next year.
Your whinging is tiresome now, you had one vote, slim result, but then voted overwhelmingly for an independence party in the general election.
Do one yeh, stop dragging it out. It won't affect my life in any way so I don't care, I'm just tired of hearing Scots bleating about everything wrong there being the fault of the rest of the UK.
Lame.

I could do your favourite trick whenever anyone makes a claim and ask for specific examples. Instead I will just enjoy the delicious lack of self awareness of someone whinging constantly about people whinging.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Lol, good one!

...you doing one from the UK soon then?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Dunno you doing one from the EU anytime soon?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Oi, Taffy, Shut it you Slaaaaaag,

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Hopefully, if enough of us vote out next year.

Lol, I genuinely hope you don't get yourself banned before you lot vote yourselves out of the UK, it will be such a relief when you can only whinge about your fellow Scots.
Sooner the better, but I won't count my chickens yet as y'all seem to enjoy dragging it out.
Perhaps secretly you fear a situation where you can't blame the rest of the UK for your problems?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Hopefully, if enough of us vote out next year.

Lol, I genuinely hope you don't get yourself banned before you lot vote yourselves out of the UK, it will be such a relief when you can only whinge about your fellow Scots.
Sooner the better, but I won't count my chickens yet as y'all seem to enjoy dragging it out.
Perhaps secretly you fear a situation where you can't blame the rest of the UK for your problems?

I believe we have plenty to whinge about...it's the stuff YOU dont get to hear about that irks us.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Cool, better get a majority of your countryfolk to agree, I'm easy, a 50.5% in favour is good enough for me, do one from the UK then all the infighting is a Scottish issue and I'll hopefully hear no more of it on ATS.
Losing that alleged billion from UK coffers ain't gonna affect my life, and the real truth of Scotland's budget will be clear after independence.

You have my support Solo, It'll be great to read about y'all bitching n whinging about yerselves lol

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Cool, better get a majority of your countryfolk to agree, I'm easy, a 50.5% in favour is good enough for me, do one from the UK then all the infighting is a Scottish issue and I'll hopefully hear no more of it on ATS.
Losing that alleged billion from UK coffers ain't gonna affect my life, and the real truth of Scotland's budget will be clear after independence.

You have my support Solo, It'll be great to read about y'all bitching n whinging about yerselves lol

Cool,you're happy with a .5% win on the euro vote but unhappy that Scotland voted 45%-55% because the gap was too small and created uncertainty. ?

Dont you think a 0.5% in favour either way will create even more uncertainty and upheaval in England or the whole of the UK...?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Cool,you're happy with a .5% win on the euro vote but unhappy that Scotland voted 45%-55% because the gap was too small and created uncertainty. ?

Dont you think a 0.5% in favour either way will create even more uncertainty and upheaval in England or the whole of the UK...?
Maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been, I'll be happy with a 0.5% vote win for Scottish folk who want to leave the UK.
The 45/55 vote to stay in the UK genuinely was my worst case scenario because the problem remained ongoing in the UK.
55% voting out would have been preferable to me because it would have then been an issue for Scots alone to whinge about.
If you require more clarification please just shout me, I'm happy to help.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join