It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See ya Scotland, now please go before influencing our EU referendum for the UK

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Dare I ask who you refer to?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco
Got to admit I'm curious as well.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My ears Burneth..

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

But we have localised democracy, it's called an MP. What has your MEP done to help you personally or even your local community?

Why the hell would I give my sovereign power to an MEP. Behave yourself, your just jesting I hope.

The fact that bankers at the ECB have diplomatic passports and that the ECB is above any sovereign power in the World, and can never have any law enforcement or prosecution bought against it should sound alarm bells for any sane person! And you want our countries financial stability handed over to this unelected private entity.

You must be mad ScepticScot and I hope you really educate yourself before voting at the referendum buddy! Read up about who and when this EU Utopia was bought about! You may be surprised!!

edit on 19.5.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Hahaha! We are not allowed to discuss other members!
I do think all the UK members bring a brilliant mix into our discussions. Nobody I wouldn't be interested in having a friendly pint with in real life, a bit like my local pub to be fair, different folks, sometimes shouting, maybe the odd scuffle, but that peaceful equilibrium always finds itself again.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
My ears Burneth..
Hahahaha!! [/pause for breath] Hahahahahahaha!
Good to see you solo!

Hadn't seen you posting in a while, was hoping you hadn't got yourself a temporary posting ban or something!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

My ears Burneth..

Have you been buying cheap earings from the local market again.

I can't think why else your ears would be inflamed??

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

My ears Burneth..
Hahahaha!! [/pause for breath] Hahahahahahaha!
Good to see you solo!

Hadn't seen you posting in a while, was hoping you hadn't got yourself a temporary posting ban or something!

Just taking a time out Man...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sorry but your position seems logically inconsistently. Why should power reside at MP rather than MEP? If you want to disband local and devolved government then why stop there? Why not give power the EU? Why is the ECB inherently worse than the Bank of England?
I have a reasonably good understanding of the history of the EU. Have a lot of misgivings about it, but also recognise the benefits as well. Your position that all power should reside at Westminster is every bit as undemocratic as you seem to think the EU is.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

"My ears Burneth.." actually did make me laugh out loud, then I read it again and laughed out loud in real life a few more times.
See, we do have this unique thing amongst us, humour, pisstake, bitching, and arguing, I really do look forward to the new UK forum, it will just be an online pub in my mind.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There better be good beer then!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Good good, I would miss your contributions, even when we totally disagree!

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Sorry but your position seems logically inconsistently. Why should power reside at MP rather than MEP? If you want to disband local and devolved government then why stop there? Why not give power the EU? Why is the ECB inherently worse than the Bank of England?
I have a reasonably good understanding of the history of the EU. Have a lot of misgivings about it, but also recognise the benefits as well. Your position that all power should reside at Westminster is every bit as undemocratic as you seem to think the EU is.
I support local/region/nation state services to be accountable through the ballot box. Even in a centralised national system you would have the same local state employees making decisions, but you wouldn't be able to vote them out. I prefer local democracy than arguing with a Civil Servant of a UK wide government department.

I also want out of the EU so the UK can make the best decisions for the UK, and without paying a fee of billions each year to do so.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I'd be more than happy for Holyrood to be your goverment building. I'm more than happy for us all to dissolve the Union and paddle our own canoe.

I don't want anything to do with EU, I'm more than happy for the common market, but our forefathers did not die for us to hand legal and political power to Brussels on a platter.

Have a read about the fourth Reich, then look at what we have today and then look what we have to look forward to.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

There better be good beer then!

As a skeptic scot I imagine you mean will there be tennants super and buckfast?

Us civilised english will be going for the cask conditioned microbrewery ales and organic locally brewed cider.

If you want to bring a bottle of laphroaig with you it will not be refused though.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Would love to argue but since the best beer in world comes from Yorkshire I am sadly defeated.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
And I think I am right in saying that bucky is from a monastry in the south of england

I once drank bucksinthe with some good Scot's friends once, 2 parts buckfast one part absinthe.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You do not vote out the decision makers in local government. You would be surprised how much power a local councillor actually has. They do not control the purse strings or have that much power.

I know this as I once wanted to stand as a local councillor in Aidrie, Scotland (you know it ScepticScot?) and was going to stand against the local nightclub DJ, however when I was sent letters and a guide etc it informsd me that I could basically not argue with anyone within the council. It's a farce, those making decisions in your local town hall have been doing so unelected for decades. Look it up, it's scary and that being said, might as well get rid if the person you vote in locally is just a "gimic" for the sheeple!!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Lol - and Haggis is actually English as well.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Can you still see?????

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Can you still see?????

I do not remember too much about it, I had given up alcohol at the time but was convinced that Bucksinthe was technically a narcotic not a beverage.

Not something I intened to do anytime soon but good fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join