It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See ya Scotland, now please go before influencing our EU referendum for the UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
The scots like a laugh, maybe they will stick around just to mess with us

As long as its the people who decide officially to leave or not and not the MPs, i will support their decision.
Haha maybe.
Totally agree, another referendum and they want out then good luck to them.
Overwhelming nationalist vote yesterday, the only party standing for Scottish independence. Good luck to them.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They know it's far too soon to seek another referendum, and they won't get another under the Tories, so maybe the Tories are hoping it could have an effect in an E.U in/out referendum.

Cameron doesn't want to leave the E.U, he has made that clear. He won't get the changes he is looking for and he has said that a referendum would be offered once the changes have been agreed. What if there are no changes? He has been careful choosing his words with this one in my opinion.

If I have to select one positive from today's result is that we may have an in/out referendum. I really hope that little crumb isn't cruelly snatched away.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Star and Flag.

While I am not British, I totally get where you are coming from. I was married to a Brit and lived there for a few years, and I actually agree with your senti9ments. The majority of English and Welsh that I still know really want out of the E.U., and I don't blame them one bit. I sure as hell developed a strong dislike for Brussels during my time there.

This is a win win scenario for both sides if Scotland hurries up. The Scottish get their own country and can choose to remain in the E.U., while the rest of Britain can leave it, and everyone's happy.

+9 more 
posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Lmao,so this aint a Scots bashing thread then ?.
I believe this was an election for seats in Westminster and nothing to do with a referendum,
and just because the people in Scotland voted for their own national party and not some band of toffs means that was a vote for a referendum,,,,oh really.
Next you will be wanting to ban us Scots from the forums on ATS.
Maybe if you took more interest in your own country(Engerland) instead of bashing us Scots,then your own country wouldnt be the #hole that it is.
Oh and BTW where would you like us to put your #*** nukes ?

Flame on guys,flame on

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Agreed.

Scotland --- please leave. And while you go, hand back your UK passports (and get your own), the English pound (use your own or the Euro) and give back the money we gave you all those years ago.

So long, don't let the door hit your on the @rse on the way out!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
If I have to select one positive from today's result is that we may have an in/out referendum.
Agreed, we are definitely a baby step closer to getting that referendum after yesterday.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Stu2112

No one has suggested a bans of Scots from ATS.

But for all the complaining and moaning we Brits hear from the Scots about leaving -- please, go. I'm sick and tired of hearing about it, as tho being Scottish is something special. It isn't. But neither is anyone else.

Basically, either s**t or get off the pot.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

No bashing from me, unless you consider my reasoned comments as bashing due to being particularly sensitive of course.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We have dealt with this since the 60's in Canada. It's a dead movement now. My point? We're all still together and it took decades to get over the hard feelings. Don't dig the trenches too deep so they won't heal in time.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Interesting comparison, cheers.
A massive trench was dug in the political map of the UK yesterday though, never seen quite like it before.
Maps and info here: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Lmao ,its you that think the English are special is it not.
I mean London is the center of the universe.
But then again we dont beat up our wives after a good session on the Stellas.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I believe the poster you replied to said no one is special so appeared balanced to me.
Regarding domestic violence and alcohol related crime, it is a fairly similar UK wide problem in all constituent countries sadly.
Can we please keep to the topic without introducing nationality related slurs?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
:waves hand:

Can I ask a question (yes, I know, most of you are rolling your eyes at the "ignorant Yank" over here...which is completely true as I know nothing about this):

Why does it seem that many in the UK have such an .....damn, the only word that seems to fit is "hate" for Scotts and Scotland?

My ancestors hailed from there....er.....like 300 years ago, so my Scottish blood is pretty thin (though my red hair, freckles and temper says otherwise), and I remember ancient history from school, but not too much.

I am curious though. This thread is reminding me of the "hate" I saw a while back here on ATS for places like the southern US states and talk of ceeding from the union (never happen).

I'm just wondering why it's there. Was it some point in history? Something more current? Can anyone explain why such a hate for the Scotts?

Hell, they even make fun of Scotts on Doctor Who.......

Anyone have the time to educate some of us ignorant Yanks?

Oh! BTW - it seems to go both ways, so any Scotts, I'd like to hear from you too.....er......try not to kill each other here though, okay?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Ok Agreed
Right,where were we then ?.
Ah yes moaning about the Scots.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

What hate? Please do quote some.
The closest thing I've found so far was just above implying some slur about the English beating their women up after drinking beer. I assume the person who posted that is Scottish.

That hate word is used in such the wrong context these days by too many people. I see no hate against the Scottish in this thread so far so please quote the hate you believe you have seen.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Nope, just discussing if the Scots should get their choice to leave the UK before the UK gets a referendum on leaving the EU.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Okay....yah, maybe hate is too strong.

So let us use the word: "Animosity" instead.

Sorry, but that IS what I'm seeing here.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The Scottish voters who voted SNP were a mixture of their core vote and disillusioned Labour voters who could in all confidence use them as a protest vote as Independence was not on offer and it was made clear to all it wasn't, it probably wasn't reported that way in the mainstream media where you are, so you will have to sup it up as we are going no where anytime soon my friend,

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

The Scots have been whinging about everything being Englands fault for years, they narrowly lost the referendum on independence from the UK last year and the whinging has increased, then yesterday they overwhelmingly vote for the SNP which is campaigning for independence (56 MP's elected out of 59 in Scotland), so their message is clear.

And with such a clear message I want them to leave the UK before the UK gets it's referendum on EU membership.
If that is animosity then that's just politics. Nobody has insulted any Scots so far as I see in this thread, just expressed a similar desire as me for them to quickly go now, if that is what they wish.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cainem
so you will have to sup it up as we are going no where anytime soon my friend,

So you wanna stay now?!
Hahaha, just couldn't make it up if you tried!
What do you personally want then? Want out? Or just SNP staying in Parliament to troll, as I imagine that is what you are doing here instead of entering into reasoned debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join