It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See ya Scotland, now please go before influencing our EU referendum for the UK

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Who cares what party they represented, they were Scottish MP's representing constituencies in Scotland voting on a solely English issue. Scottish MP's stabbed English students in the back. Free Uni tuition would have been provided to English students if those SCOTTISH MP's had abstained. It has not been forgotten.

I am pleased that unequitable situation will soon come to an end, and I look forward to seeing the SNP lose vote after vote in Parliament in the coming months lol...much amusement, possibly payback time.

So it bothers you that Scottish MP's have a say on English matters, but you are quite happy for a English Elected Government to dictate to Scotland as it has done over and over again for hundreds of years...Hypocrite much.

David Cameron and Co can do what they like, He will go down in History as the PM who lost Scotland...dream on if you believe you will get a referendum on Europe. it aint gonna happen.
Don't be a silly solo now, you have had devolved responsibility for health, education, and much more for many years now. English MP's have been unable to vote on any of those devolved issues and rightly so, but the disparity which has been resented so much is Scottish MP's failing to do the honourable thing and abstain on the equivalent English only issues.

You couldn't have made it up if you tried, the Scot's provided free Uni tuition to English students and in the same timeframe Scot's MP's stopped Westminster providing it for England. You can whinge about the past as much as you like, but it is a childlike political argument if you are saying that English students deserved to be stabbed in the back by Scottish MP's who could have abstained on an issue that had # all to do with them.

Doesn't surprise me though, your hatred for English people is clear to everyone who reads your posts on ATS, and I hope people such as yourself get to leave the union sooner than later.
Oh, and the EU referendum is a given, the only unknowns are the wording of the loaded question, and when it happens.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Who cares what party they represented, they were Scottish MP's representing constituencies in Scotland voting on a solely English issue. Scottish MP's stabbed English students in the back. Free Uni tuition would have been provided to English students if those SCOTTISH MP's had abstained. It has not been forgotten.

I am pleased that unequitable situation will soon come to an end, and I look forward to seeing the SNP lose vote after vote in Parliament in the coming months lol...much amusement, possibly payback time.

So it bothers you that Scottish MP's have a say on English matters, but you are quite happy for a English Elected Government to dictate to Scotland as it has done over and over again for hundreds of years...Hypocrite much.

David Cameron and Co can do what they like, He will go down in History as the PM who lost Scotland...dream on if you believe you will get a referendum on Europe. it aint gonna happen.
Don't be a silly solo now, you have had devolved responsibility for health, education, and much more for many years now. English MP's have been unable to vote on any of those devolved issues and rightly so, but the disparity which has been resented so much is Scottish MP's failing to do the honourable thing and abstain on the equivalent English only issues.

You couldn't have made it up if you tried, the Scot's provided free Uni tuition to English students and in the same timeframe Scot's MP's stopped Westminster providing it for England. You can whinge about the past as much as you like, but it is a childlike political argument if you are saying that English students deserved to be stabbed in the back by Scottish MP's who could have abstained on an issue that had # all to do with them.

Doesn't surprise me though, your hatred for English people is clear to everyone who reads your posts on ATS, and I hope people such as yourself get to leave the union sooner than later.
Oh, and the EU referendum is a given, the only unknowns are the wording of the loaded question, and when it happens.

The SNP have abstained on every English vote...Get yer facts straight.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Nope, perhaps you improve your reading comprehension. I did not say the SNP had done so, I said SCOTTISH MP's stabbed English students in the back. I couldn't give a # what party they represented, just that they represented Scottish constituencies and voted on a solely English matter.
Maybe get your facts right fella.
edit on 15.5.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

but it is a childlike political argument if you are saying that English students deserved to be stabbed in the back by Scottish MP's who could have abstained on an issue that had # all to do with them.

Point out where i said anything of the kind....stop making s### up..More English MP's Voted to Stab English Students in the back as far as tuition fees goes...Lots and Lots More...Should we count them..?

But hey, Everything is Scotland's fault with you eh.....you are starting to sound like me Ffs.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Nope, I didn't assert anything, I said:

if you are saying that English students deserved to be stabbed in the back
If you are not of that opinion then we find agreement.

And nope I don't think Scotland is the fault for issues in England, but it is a fact, if Scottish MP's had abstained from the vote on free Uni tuition in England my son would not be facing loans of thousands of pounds to study.
Yes I resent that specific issue, deeply, and I am glad that Scottish MP's will no longer be able to influence anything about solely English issues within a few months.
edit on 15.5.2015 by grainofsand because: correct [bold] tag typo

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

And nope I don't think Scotland is the fault for issues in England, but it is a fact, if Scottish MP's had abstained from the vote on free Uni tuition in England my son would not be facing loans of thousands of pounds to study.
Yes I resent that specific issue, deeply, and I am glad that Scottish MP's will no longer be able to influence anything about solely English issues within a few months.

How do you feel about the vast majority of English MP's who stabbed your son in the back..?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

How do you feel about the vast majority of English MP's who stabbed your son in the back..?
Exactly the same of course, but at least they were voting on an issue that affected the country their constituencies are represented.
If the Scot's MP's had abstained then there would be free Uni tuition in England. That is a fact.
The Scot's MP's had no moral justification to interfere in a decision which had no relevance to their own nation.

Yes, I resent the English MP's who voted against it, but if the Scot';s had kept their noses out of it then the vote would have passed for free tuition.
It was disgraceful, and many many English people will not forget that the Scot's had no business voting against it, and stabbed English students in the back.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

A bit presumptuous of you to assume all Scots want independence, I want out of Europe,I don't want the EURO and many SNP voters taken in by the hype will see power transferred NOT from London to Edinburgh but to Europe if the Salmond clone gets her way!!!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008
Why presumptuous?
84% of the vote in Scotland last week was for absolutely dyed in the wool EU supporting parties who did not want an EU referendum. I don't think my observations are unreasonable.

I am pleased to see we agree about the EU, and I wish you well with that, but I fear you are in the minority in Scotland.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

This thread is a perfect example of why we want out....Personally i cant wait.

Not all Scots do so speak for yourself and Salomd's female clone!!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Exactly the same of course, but at least they were voting on an issue that affected the country their constituencies are represented.
If the Scot's MP's had abstained then there would be free Uni tuition in England. That is a fact.
The Scot's MP's had no moral justification to interfere in a decision which had no relevance to their own nation.

Yes, I resent the English MP's who voted against it, but if the Scot';s had kept their noses out of it then the vote would have passed for free tuition.
It was disgraceful, and many many English people will not forget that the Scot's had no business voting against it, and stabbed English students in the back.

How do you feel about the Welsh and Irish MP's who voted to stab your son in the back..?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Why presumptuous?
84% of the vote in Scotland last week was for absolutely dyed in the wool EU supporting parties who did not want an EU referendum. I don't think my observations are unreasonable.

I am pleased to see we agree about the EU, and I wish you well with that, but I fear you are in the minority in Scotland.

Well as most of my time is spent talking to business owners I think you are wrong, LABOUR screwed up in Scotland that's why many voted SNP many of those votes were from people who don't want independence or the EURO.

I am old enough to remember the EEC referendum we voted for a trading agreement not the United States of Europe I say %^&$ Europe, the quicker we get out the better.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The same of course. What a silly question, I don't really see the point you are trying to make?
The fact remains that if the Scottish MP's had abstained from the vote then there would be free Uni education for students in England, just the same as the Scottish government has provided for Scottish students.
It was an absolute disgrace, and the resentment is strong in England, which probably explains why the overwhelming opinion is for Scot's/Welsh/Irish MP's to lose the right to pollute votes on English only issues.
...couple more months and things will be much more equitable. That pleases me.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Wow, I was still pooing my nappy in the 1975 referendum

I genuinely hope your stance is shared strongly throughout Scotland when we finally get the EU vote, but it is only hope.
I'll be putting a bet on in the bookies that Scotland votes for the EU in greater numbers than England does.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The same of course. What a silly question, I don't really see the point you are trying to make?
The fact remains that if the Scottish MP's had abstained from the vote then there would be free Uni education for students in England, just the same as the Scottish government has provided for Scottish students.
It was an absolute disgrace, and the resentment is strong in England, which probably explains why the overwhelming opinion is for Scot's/Welsh/Irish MP's to lose the right to pollute votes on English only issues.
...couple more months and things will be much more equitable. That pleases me.

Funny, you never mentioned Welsh and Irish MP's until now....Must be Galling for you to note that your own Countrymen (Welsh) were also complicit in the stabbing of your son in the back....You sir are one mixed up individual.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Why presumptuous?

Total eligible voters in Scotland 4.12 million number who voted SNP 1.454 million you do the maths!

If I ever had the pleasure of meeting wee Nicola I will tell her to her face like I told the SNP canvesor who came to my house before the election exactly were they could stick Europe!!!
edit on 15-5-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Oh dear, more of the silly off-topic amateur psychology, how about behave and stick to the reasoned debate.
Wales and N.Ireland are not whinging about the UK and trying to leave so they are not on-topic in this thread.
You bleat that Scotland has been shafted by English politicians and I present a specific example of where Scottish MP's shafted English students because they voted on an issue which did not affect Scotland.

If the Scots had abstained then the vote would have gone through, that is a fact.
You have not condemned it so am I correct to assume you support Scottish MP's having the right to vote on solely English matters?

*Edit*
Oh, and I of course only mentioned Welsh and Irish MP's as you brought them into the conversation.
Again, to clarify, Wales and Northern Ireland are not campaigning to leave the UK right now. This thread is about the only nation in the UK voting 56 of their 59 MP's from a party which has a primary goal of independence from the UK, Scotland.

edit on 15.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I hope you are right, and those who feel strongly about the EU come out in the referendum.

...and I chuckled imagining you interacting with that SNP canvasser, good man

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

*Edit*
Oh, and I of course only mentioned Welsh and Irish MP's as you brought them into the conversation.

Yeah, and i of course mentioned the Welsh because you (a Welshman) conveniently glossed over that fact and tried to lay blame solely at the Scots door.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

*Edit*

Yeah, and i of course mentioned the Welsh because you (a Welshman) conveniently glossed over that fact and tried to lay blame solely at the Scots door.

No not at all, you are incorrect.
This thread is about the relationship between the nation I live in, the UK, and the only part of the UK which has voted in 56 out of 59 MP's from a party which has a primary goal of independence from the UK.
The Welsh and Northern Irish aren't whinging about being in the UK so they are not on-topic.

Now, speaking of glossing over and sidetracking, you have still refrained from giving me an answer or expressing an opinion on those Scottish MP's who shafted English students.
Do you support the right of Scottish MP's to vote on solely English issues when English MP's cannot vote on devolved Scottish issues?
Simple yes or no will do, remember Wales & N.I. are off topic in this thread because they are not whinging about being in the UK.
edit on 15.5.2015 by grainofsand because: Grammar

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join