It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See ya Scotland, now please go before influencing our EU referendum for the UK

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
A UK wide referendum will still give national results. I totally agree the UK is broken (the only question is it worth fixing). It is the idea from the op that Scotland should leave in advance to give an overall result that the op wants I disagree with. Lets see how each nation votes and decide where next from there.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Funny the OP want's Scotland to "DO One" and get out of the union because we seem to get in the way of his master plan of breaking away from Europe...let us all know how you and your precious government feel once you are away from two Unions and all on your ownsome Lonesome...Merca...Helppppppppppppp....you'll need them..

As i said...Cant wait. we'll see who folds first. my money is on England. Without Scotland, England is no more than a wet fart in Europe and the rest of Europe know this....

Good Luck little enguuurluuun. may you rot in Hell.....Scum of the Earth.

Alba gu Brath...

ps...If ye thought you were getting more Tax from Fracking in Scotland think again...The "toothless" SNP put the blockers on it today..and that's just the start..

edit on 13-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

So we're scum of the earth in England huh?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

So we're scum of the earth in England huh?

In this thread and various others mentioning the words SNP and Scotland...Yes...Bags of Rats.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Funny the OP want's Scotland to "DO One" and get out of the union because we seem to get in the way of his master plan of breaking away from Europe...let us all know how you and your precious government feel once you are away from two Unions and all on your ownsome Lonesome...Merca...Helppppppppppppp....you'll need them..

As i said...Cant wait. we'll see who folds first. my money is on England. Without Scotland, England is no more than a wet fart in Europe and the rest of Europe know this....

Alba gu Brath...

ps...If ye thought you were getting more Tax from Fracking in Scotland think again...The "toothless" SNP put the blockers on it today..and that's just the start..

And how do you thinkk this helps you so called cause?

Yet another antagonistic rant that somehow makes you opinion right?

The OP was questionable at best. It could have been taken either way.

I personally feel that your opinion has been stated on all threads more than enough now.

Well done and fair do's but at what point do you just stop now?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Get a bloody grip man, you sound just like those you hate. Blind prejudice just makes you look as much a twat as those spouting the same crap from the other side.

Sad.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Get a bloody grip man, you sound just like those you hate. Blind prejudice just makes you look as much a twat as those spouting the same crap from the other side.

Sad.

I am not one for taking sides and agreeing but....

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

As a mongrel Briton who grew up in England and heard Gaelic as soon as i heard English this kind of crap just really pisses me off.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Alba gu Brath...

And how do you thinkk this helps you so called cause?

Yet another antagonistic rant that somehow makes you opinion right?

The OP was questionable at best. It could have been taken either way.

I personally feel that your opinion has been stated on all threads more than enough now.

Well done and fair do's but at what point do you just stop now?

I'll stop when we break free from England....Independence for my country from the Tyrants from down south...300 years is 300 years too many.
Anyone who opposes it, opposes it because they are unsure of their own future....I'm confident Scotland will successfully stand on it;s own two feet regardless of the utter drivel written by certain MSM brainwashed members in this forum....

95% of the so called fact they spout is drivel. If they just did a little digging other than quote verbatim from the daily Mail, Mirror group etc they might learn something...anyway...I'm out of here but i'll leave you with this warning....

The Union is over...like it or lump it...England will just have to cut it's cloth accordingly. Enjoy digging yourselves out of the mess Gideon is hiding from you....Wake the F### up before they've got you stacking shelves with a shackle around yer ankle...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Sad.

Have you been on Mars, Have you read some of the crap coming from over the border in this forum....you wonder why i'm pissed..?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

It's all a bit odd, isn't it? This superiority complex some Scots have, the strange belief that without Scotland - a country with less people than just one English county and half the size of England in area - is somehow so important that without it, England is a "wet fart" to the rest of Europe?

If any country is viewed as a "wet fart" by Europe, it would be Scotland, with an economy smaller than Denmarks - compared to England, whose economy is 10 times the size of Scotlands and ranks in the top ten in the world and is virtually the same size as Russia's GDP, who are viewed as a global power, if not a superpower!

I think they've been drinking the SNP kool-aid for a bit and it's done something to their brains...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Oh give over, Solo - you're the worst for it, popping up in threads which have nothing to do with Scotland and posting inflammatory remarks to try and get a response.

You can't play the victim when you've been giving the English a good shooing for a few years now.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
if not a superpower!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.........Stops for breath...Ahahahahahahahahahahah...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

if not a superpower!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.........Stops for breath...Ahahahahahahahahahahah...

Clearly you had to edit the quote and do it out of context to make your "joke". It is, however, obvious to everyone I was referring to Russia, not England, hence why you chopped off the front portion of the quote:

compared to England, whose economy is 10 times the size of Scotlands and ranks in the top ten in the world and is virtually the same size as Russia's GDP, who are viewed as a global power, if not a superpower

A really bad try, Solo - you're losing it man..

edit on 13/5/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

link   

Sad.

Have you been on Mars, Have you read some of the crap coming from over the border in this forum....you wonder why i'm pissed..?

After a long while of giving you the benifit this is getting really boring right now.

Go back and look at who says what and when buddy.

I think it's time to take a step back.

link   

I was musing on doing a thread on the Scottish Diaspora earlier today, about whether those whose families left Scotland for a better and freer life (from said tyranny) generations ago would consider moving back to Scotland after independence.

I've seriously considered it myself and nearly moved there myself 15 years ago - it was only a rapid change of circumstances that prevented it when already planned and about to happen.

I can see those from the US, Canada, NZ and Oz being welcomed back... more or less.

But what about those with an English accent?

It's sadly too clear that many in Scotland just would not be able to overcome bloody stupid prejudice to welcome their own blood back.

So small minded.

Too many shout Alba gu Brath and yet have never learned any more of their native tongue than that either.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I've no doubt that Scotland could make it on it's own, but the rabid hyperbole from both sides is just patent BS.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Despite how the pro union press likes to portray it there was very little anti English sentiment during the Indy campaign.....

Well, got to be honest here, I've been a frequent visitor to Scotland for quite a number of years now and there's always been an element who are virulently anti-English, and they can be very vocal in expressing their feelings.

I've always known they were very much in the minority despite some 'heated' conversations over the years.

And I've always acknowledged that Scots have also encountered anti-Scottish feelings and sentiments here in England, again, those instances tended to be the exception rather than the rule.

But having visited Scotland a couple of times since the referendum I've got to say I've noticed a marked shift in attitudes.
It has become quite common to encounter anti-English sentiment and at times from sources I would never have expected.
To such an extent that one particular friendship has come to an end - and along with it a financial arrangement that was mutually beneficial.

I suspect that the disillusionment with Westminster is gradually transferring to a general dislike or distrust with the English in general.

And to counter that I also think that its very true that there has been a marked rise in anti-Scottish sentiment here in England - I can't speak for Wales and Northern Ireland as I haven't been there for quite some time.
MSM has demonised SNP as fervent nationalists who are very bitter towards 'the English' and that they will seek to dictate and disrupt at every opportunity.
Some people feel resentment at what they perceive is Scotland's desire to desert rUK.
Some feel it is unfair that Scotland has its only representative House yet its MP's still wish to vote on and influence the outcome on matters that only affect England.

Both sides have reasons to feel aggrieved.

Not least thanks to the blatant failings of our electoral system.

..... and there is no divided nation up here.

Are you sure?
50% of Scots voted for parties other than SNP yet SNP has 95% of Scottish MP's.
Who is going represent the 50% who didn't vote SNP?
Sturgeon et al?......I think not.

And they will begin to feel increasingly marginalised.

And what about the sectarianism that is still so prevalent throughout the central belt of Scotland?

You even have a newly elected MP who quite openly stated she hated a huge section of Scots.
No reprimand from SNP - how do you think they will feel about that?

Scotland is just as divided as every other part of the UK.
And failure to recognise and acknowledge that can only serve to maintain those divisions......and whose interests does that serve?
Certainly not mine and yours my friend.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I can see those from the US, Canada, NZ and Oz being welcomed back... more or less.

...While Cameron and his nancyboy pals and Thatcher were calling for Nelson Mandela to be hung, we, us Scots, opened our arms to the man, we invited him here, we named streets after him, we have deemed the Palestine to be a free state while Westminster firmly supports the destruction of her by backing her oppressors.. i could go about how we differ on so many things worldwide, but you probably know these things...we are two nations, but with very different ideas on right and wrong...i know what side i stand side by side with.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I was musing on doing a thread on the Scottish Diaspora earlier today, about whether those whose families left Scotland for a better and freer life (from said tyranny) generations ago would consider moving back to Scotland after independence.

I'd certainly love to visit.

I hope Solo's small-mindedness isn't indicative of the country as a whole?

My Grandfather was born in the shadow of Stirling Castle and I have Buchanan blood in my veins.

However, I live in the South Pacific, and while we have our share of problems, I wouldn't trade it for all the world.

new topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join