It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See ya Scotland, now please go before influencing our EU referendum for the UK

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: grainofsand
Anyone who wants to read your posts can make up there own minds, why you think I or anyone should give special weight to your own judgement of your own posts is beyond me.
I gave the example of your Scots whinging post on page 2, up to whoever reads it to decide if they think that is anti Scots or just an opinion.
If you wish to go back on topic perhaps you would like to discuss what you think should happen if a majority in England votes to leave the EU but the rest votes to stay? Should England be the one to leave the UK?

Can I ask for clarification on your comment please?

Are you asking what should happen if the majority of England chooses to leave the EU but the majority of the other nations wish to stay should we base the decision as seperate nations?

If so does that not add some substance to the OP and the question asked from a Scot's perspective?

We are a United kingdom or we are not surely.

If I have misinterpreted your comment then feel free to disregard this post.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Is it not funny?

The scots whine about being ruled by the "oppresive" westminster yet are happy to be ruled from Brussels and berlin?

Oh look...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Which bit of that do you see as hurtful or unkind to Scottish people?
Do you deny that many Scots blame everything wrong with their nation on England/Westminster?
Why would you want independence if you are not blaming your problems on being part of the union?

That the best you could find?
Lame.
No 'anti Scots' sentiments there, just political comment.
Which bits do you see as 'anti Scots' there?
Clutching at emotional and overly sensitive straws there fella.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
No you have got me exactly. The SNP have said that it would take a material change prior to another Indy ref. The example given an out vote in EU ref with Scotland voting to stay in. If the result is England wants out but Scotland, wales and NI want to stay in should England have the Indy referendum?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I refer you to my last reply.
That is all it is worth.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I find that a perfectly valid question and one that needs an answer.

Could you explain how you feel that your right to an opinion on this question is any different to the sentiment of the OP?

I would love to see this from a Non english point of view and how the argument would be different.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Many other posters seem to see the same as me. Your protests remind me strangely of the arguments made about political correctness gone mad, oh right you are a UKIP supporter.
Also notice you did not take up my invitation to go back on topic. Kind of confirms my suspicions about the true intentions of this thread.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Many other posters seem to see the same as me. Your protests remind me strangely of the arguments made about political correctness gone mad, oh right you are a UKIP supporter.
Also notice you did not take up my invitation to go back on topic. Kind of confirms my suspicions about the true intentions of this thread.

What protests? Political comment of course but protest no.
Now, back to your claims that I have been 'anti Scots' have you got anything you can quote from me to support your spurious claims?
What is it you appear so distressed about? Should I not have voted UKIP?
Does that make me an 'anti Scots' type person now?
I think I hold a reasoned argument and you just run with needless emotion and unsubstantiated whinging.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think the OP is,setting the cart before the horse. Scotland should leave before the referendum so England gets the result it wants? If there is a EU referendum lets see how the result pans out. If one nation differs from the rest then the onus is on them.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I used to be scottish first and British second.

Now that the braying SNP brownshirts have begun their strategy to make the rest of the UK so sick of the scots, that they vote us out of the Union, I am embarrassed to be part of such a backward country.

British first now.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Why?
The Scots voted overwhelmingly for a party which wants independence from the UK.
You can dress it up as much as you like that the SNP were not standing in the general election under the "Freedom!!" banner, but the next day Alex Salmond exclaimed excitedly that they were one step closer to independence.

If that is the case, and you or any other Scot wants independence from the UK then I don't want your pro-EU vote to pollute the UK ballot.
Is that 'anti Scots' as you whinged, or is it just sensible political reasoning?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yet still you don't go back on (your own) topic. Reasoned arguments????

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I think the OP is,setting the cart before the horse. Scotland should leave before the referendum so England gets the result it wants? If there is a EU referendum lets see how the result pans out. If one nation differs from the rest then the onus is on them.

That did not really answer the question that I asked and I would also say that you may have misunderstood the OP in the way I read it.

Would you wish for us to have seperate referendums on EU membership then?

It looks like that is your belief and if so does this not cement the opinion of the OP as far as the UK as a whole goes?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise

Now that the braying SNP brownshirts have begun their strategy to make the rest of the UK so sick of the scots, that they vote us out of the Union, I am embarrassed to be part of such a backward country.

British first now.

I fear you may be too late.

You could always move while you still can.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Finally back on topic. Independence was not part of the SNP manifesto for the UK elections. Sturgeon (you know the actual snp leader) explicitly ruled out a Indy ref regardless of the result.
Lets see how the EU vote goes (if it happens) and then see.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Finally back on topic. Independence was not part of the SNP manifesto for the UK elections. Sturgeon (you know the actual snp leader) explicitly ruled out a Indy ref regardless of the result.
Lets see how the EU vote goes (if it happens) and then see.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You accused me of anti Scots sentiment, I call you out, and now you whinge about being off topic?
I'm happy to be off topic in my own thread if it shows you are just making unsubstantiated claims.
Now again, which particular posts of mine are mean and unkind to Scots?
None as you know.
Until you admit you have nothing to show that I am 'anti Scots' I shall remain as a dog with a bone with your childlike whinging.
edit on 13.5.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The referendum will show results by constituency. Tallying by nation is fairly obvious so no separate referendum required. If the op is right and England votes to leave I don't believe it should automatically have the right to drag the rest of the UK with it.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise

British first now.

SNP brown shirts? Best check what side the extreme right wing where on in the Indy ref.
Ps. I call Goodwin's.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I showed you some posts. Try replacing Scots whinging with Blacks or Gays whinging and see how it reads.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join