It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See ya Scotland, now please go before influencing our EU referendum for the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Wow, what an impressive result in Scotland, 56 out of 59 MP's who all want independence from the UK.
That pretty much seals it so cheers folks, it's been lovely and hope it works out for you, but please can you now campaign to leave quickly before any referendum on the UK's membership of the EU.

Presumably the landslide victory in Scotland, for a party which fully supports current membership of the EU, indicates that most of Scotland would probably vote to stay in the EU during any UK wide referendum.
Personally, I don't want Scotland to have any say in the future of the UK if you have no intention of remaining part of our current Union, and in any case, the better for you if you quickly free yourself of the new Conservative UK government which you didn't vote for.

Nothing against you Scots but you have overwhelmingly shown you want to leave now, so please do go quick, and before your EU loving SNP can have any influence over a referendum on EU membership. A clear 84% of the Scottish vote yesterday was for EU supporting parties.

My guess is that Cameron has it planned well out already, intends to call a loaded EU referendum while the Scots still have the UK vote, all the while hoping that the pro-EU Scottish vote and it's 10% voting contribution to the UK result will tip the balance in his favour.

Either way, I'm tired of the Scots independence debate now so if you wanna go Scotland, please do, and quick...right now it's a bit like a married couple still living in the house when one has finally decided to divorce.
edit on 8.5.2015 by grainofsand because: Correct stat to 84%

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So what about that vote waaaay back in September that nixed independence by 55%-45%? That's not a huge margin of victory, but it's still a solid win. So much for a vote of the people? What's going on here?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If they are anything like Quebec it could take years or decades for that to never happen lol

a reply to: grainofsand

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
So what about that vote waaaay back in September that nixed independence by 55%-45%? That's not a huge margin of victory, but it's still a solid win. So much for a vote of the people? What's going on here?

We just had a election.

The SNP (pro independance) won 56 out of 59 odd seats ....... the scotts being fickle as they are obviosly think diffrent.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Who knows, but I imagine a Scots referendum tomorrow would be a vastly different result to last September.
I say good luck to them, call another referendum quickly, and leave quickly so we can concentrate on the future of the UK without any Scottish influence.
I don't see the point of the Scots dragging it out any longer.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Is it not funny?

The scots whine about being ruled by the "oppresive" westminster yet are happy to be ruled from Brussels and berlin?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

if in that case why bother, just dump em out on Monday and be done?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria

if in that case why bother, just dump em out on Monday and be done?

Why not?

They obviously want "freedom" that badly.

Let Merkal and Junker deal with them

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Is it not funny?

The scots whine about being ruled by the "oppresive" westminster yet are happy to be ruled from Brussels and berlin?
I've always chuckled at that. They will have even less power in th EU on their own, but hey, I don't live in Scotland so good luck to them, I won't really care.
If they don't wanna stay in the UK, cool, do one quickly I feel now.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Yep, I support that

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
To the OP. You assume people in England, Wales and NI want to leave the EU.

With a half decent public debate, I think you may find that this assumption is misplaced, even with some renegotiation.

The EU in or out

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Krankie Sturgeon has got a massive boost today,and we will see Scotland have another referendum IMO.
I can see their point,but I do think that we are stronger together rather than divided.

We are all brothers and sisters of this island after all.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I really like how the main parties and the media big up the SNP. But when it comes to the BNP it's " they are fascists and nazis". Funny that is'nt it.
Don't confuse the issue with "but the BNP are nazis" they are both nationalistic parties with their nationalistic stances.
As for the Conservatives, they were ecstatic with the SNP, Lib Dems and UKIP as they split the vote against Labour and won them the election. So what good is the 56 SNP MPs in Westminster. Nothing, absolutely nothing.
edit on 8-5-2015 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Nope, I'm assuming nothing about how England, Wales, and N.Ireland will vote, aside from the fact that 55% of people in England voted for the only two parties supporting an EU referendum, just over 40% in Wales, and only 16% in Scotland.
I don't know about N.Ireland, but I'd put all my money on the majority of Scot's voting for the EU.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I really like how the main parties and the media big up the SNP. But when it comes to the BNP it's " they are fascists and nazis". Funny that is'nt it.
Don't confuse the issue with "but the BNP are nazis" they are both nationalistic parties with their nastionalistic stances.
As for the Conservatives, they were ecstatic with the SNP, Lib Dems and UKIP as they split the vote against Labour and won them the election. So what good is the 56 SNP MPs in Westminster. Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Diffrence is the BNP had a raceist NAZI loving thug in charge with a long criminal record.....

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Who the # is talking about the BNP here? They are fascists and racists.
That's why only 1,667 people in the entire UK voted for them yesterday.
Please refrain from polluting this thread with talk of the BNP.

+15 more 
posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This thread is a perfect example of why we want out....Personally i cant wait.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
This thread is a perfect example of why we want out....Personally i cant wait.

Na na na na hey hey hey goodbye

Merkal and Junker will be waiting for you with open arms.
Sure you will love your soverinty being transfered from westminster to Brussels and Berlin

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Cool, see ya, sooner the better for all of us

Like I said...classic married couple living in the same house when one has decided on divorce, nobody wants that.
You can even keep the cat and our vinyl collection, just go quick yeah.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The scots like a laugh, maybe they will stick around just to mess with us

As long as its the people who decide officially to leave or not and not the MPs, i will support their decision.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join