It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorian Johnson, figure in Michael Brown case, arrested in St. Louis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
ST. LOUIS • Dorian Johnson, the man who was with Michael Brown when Brown was fatally shot by a Ferguson police officer last summer, has been arrested on suspicion of drug charges and resisting arrest, a St. Louis police source said Wednesday.

Ferguson just keeps getting better and better.

Source
edit on 5/8/2015 by tothetenthpower because: Fixed Link

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I'm not sure how you reached this page, but whatever you were looking for isn't here. Sorry about that. You can do a search for articles, photos and other news content here. If you're looking for an older article, try our archives. If you followed a link from my Twitter account or the Post's Facebook page, please let me know it's broken. Sometimes even a bird that predicts the weather makes mistakes.

Might need to check up on that link.

ETA: What is a "suspicion of drugs" charge?
Important information, given it IS legal to resist an illegal arrest. Not saying it was, but what is the actual charge? How can one be arrested on "suspicion" of drugs?
edit on 8-5-2015 by Jakal26 because: questions...

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I hit the link on my iPad and it goes right to the page. Anybody else having an issue?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I fixed it for him

Carry on.

~Tenth

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

St. Louis Metropolitan Police said Dorian Johnson interfered with an arrest on Wednesday sometime between 3:08 and 3:25 p.m.

No mention of drug charges in this source.

Source

I have to ask, why do we care what this kid does? Is he now a high-profile celeb just because he was with Brown at the shooting?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Thanks dude! That's why you get paid the big bucks,,,, right?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

St. Louis Metropolitan Police said Dorian Johnson interfered with an arrest on Wednesday sometime between 3:08 and 3:25 p.m.

No mention of drug charges in this source.

Source

I have to ask, why do we care what this kid does? Is he now a high-profile celeb just because he was with Brown at the shooting?

Well this kid has filed a lawsuit against the city of ferguson claiming civil rights violations and emotional damage. So that makes his actions news worthy.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Some people never learn.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Like nobody saw this coming. (Sigh)

Honestly I was very surprised that he didn't get arrested for obstruction of justice and sparking civil disorder. For that fanciful story he constructed about Michael Brown's arrest. It went a long way in formenting the turmoil and rioting in Ferguson.
edit on 8-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Shocking....../sarcasm

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

This kind of thing is unfortunately all to common. These kids are not being shown that they can be so much more. Rappers and athletes don't make the best role models. I'm not a fan of the president, but I would think he has shown them that they can accomplish anything.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I would assume that most people don't actually care about this news.

As for why?

OP hates "thugs".

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

I would assume that most people don't actually care about this news.

As for why?

OP hates "thugs".

They ONLY reason it is even in the news is because he is a thug that was associated with another thug in a high profile case. Let's not forget he was with Brown when he strong arm robbed a store, now he is involved in more "thuggery".

Guess he didn't learn a lesson from a close call and try to clean up his act....again....shocking.../sarcasm

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Well this kid has filed a lawsuit against the city of ferguson claiming civil rights violations and emotional damage. So that makes his actions news worthy.

Not really. His actions have no bearing on the civil lawsuit he filed against the city. It's only newsworthy because he is now a high-profile figure and people love drama and gossip.

These kids are not being shown that they can be so much more. Rappers and athletes don't make the best role models. I'm not a fan of the president, but I would think he has shown them that they can accomplish anything.

Obama was raised in Hawaii by a white, well-off grandmother. He didn't grow up in the hood with all of the problems associated with such areas. Hard to be a role model for black youths when he doesn't know anything about the issues they face.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

According to the sources I've read, he was arrested for yelling at officers when they were trying to arrest his brother. He was hanging out with a large group of people and the police noticed that one person had a "bulge" at their waist.

I wouldn't call that "thuggery". It's also important to note that no where have I seen that anyone was arrested for possession of a weapon.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I feel like an equally valid question is what does Dorian Johnson do for a living? He's not a "teen" like Mike Brown. Dorian is in his 20s. He's not in college, his career has never been mentioned.

I wonder if he's on disability for some phantom ailment?

Is he independently wealthy?

Just curious how this 20 something has so much time on his hands and still manages to eat.
edit on 8-5-2015 by hammanderr because: spelling

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

According to the sources I've read, he was arrested for yelling at officers when they were trying to arrest his brother. He was hanging out with a large group of people and the police noticed that one person had a "bulge" at their waist.

I wouldn't call that "thuggery". It's also important to note that no where have I seen that anyone was arrested for possession of a weapon.

Well...the report quotes very clearly.....

Johnson allegedly had a cough medication mixed with what police believe to be an illegal narcotic on him.

The report said that as the officers who went to the scene dispersed the crowd, they noticed that one man had a bulge in his clothes that they suspected might be a weapon. A second man grabbed the arm of the officer who attempted to pat the first man down. The officer then attempted to detain the second man.

That prompted a third man to approach the officer and yell at him in an attempt to stop the arrest, the report said. That man allegedly then discarded narcotics onto the ground.

All three were arrested. One of Johnson’s brothers was found to be wanted in Bridgeton on warrants for armed robbery and armed criminal action, the police source said.

So, I would say that is surely "thuggery".

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So will we see another young thug morphed into another martyr by various interests?Stay tuned.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

He was charged with interfering with an arrest. No charges of possession of a weapon or illegal narcotics yet.

I would wait to see what he is formally charged with before I just assume he was out "thuggin".

Also, is it just me or is anyone else tired of the term "thug"? It's become the new thing to say because people are too afraid to say ni**er.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

He was charged with interfering with an arrest. No charges of possession of a weapon or illegal narcotics yet.

I would wait to see what he is formally charged with before I just assume he was out "thuggin".

Also, is it just me or is anyone else tired of the term "thug"? It's become the new thing to say because people are too afraid to say ni**er.

It's just you.
And I didn't use the word anywhere in this thread. Somebody defending the actions of this young man used the word first.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join