It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nosferatu (1922)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

While looking for pics for 'Pisky's ATS Story', I came across a site that has the original version of Nosferatu for streaming media.

Anyone who has downloading software for streaming media (such as 'Stream Down') will also be able to download the film.

Nosferatu

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I had to write a paper awhile back on the History of Horror Films, meaning I had to watch a ton of scary movies and Nosferatu was one of them. I liked it, it was creepy and was one of the only silent movies I've ever seen that really didn't need title cards.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio
I liked it, it was creepy and was one of the only silent movies I've ever seen that really didn't need title cards.

Exactly. The version I saw was one of the earlier versions (Which looked as if Orlok was walking around in the daytime - Murnau originally included blue filters on the film that made it look like nighttime but copies didn't have that). That plus the high speed 'coffin-loading' scene were somewhat distracting, but overall it was a very spooky film. Especially when you realise that it was made almost a hundred years ago.

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Nosferatu is a classic, great flick

...although I must admit that when watching it in the past I was somewhat 'under the influence', and it was made even better by me and friends adding our own soundtracks to it that really added to the atmosphere...Pink Floyd e.t.c.

Did you ever see Shadow of the Vampire about the fictional making of Nosferatu, telling the story as if the mysterious Max Shreck was really a vampire?
If you haven't you should check it out, it was a really good film.

new topics

top topics

join