It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm needing help identifying this metal song

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
On a UK radio station, one of the BBC ones I think, this gloomy lyrical song was playing which I manged to record a short clip of.

Trouble is there was no mention of who was singing or the name of the song. So If anyone can be of help that'll be great.

I've tried searching for the lyrics in web searchs to no avail. So click the dropbox link to listen.

dropbox

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

I have to download it to listen and I'm not about to download a file with unknown content. Sorry, but if you can find another way, I'd gladly help. How about quoting the lyrics? Many of us are music buffs and can tell you what they're from.
edit on 7-5-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Not a clue. Sounds like it's from the '80's but my speakers are really crappy so it's hard for me to tell what anything sounds like on them.

The singers distinctive so I would have remembered them, I'd like to think so I'm guessing it's a band I've never heard.

Loads of help I am, I know. I tried at least. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Darude Sandstorm

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

They call that metal?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Music is subjective. Some would, some wouldn't. Taking sides portrays only ignorance.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

Yeah but growing up during the 80s and metal lends a bit of credence to a statement. Honestly people that grew up with metal would call that techno.

Edit; I guess by your description of music we could call this a meaningful country western ballad ?

edit on 7-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Have no clue? Sounds like a cool song (possibly a demo even?) Good luck with your song quest.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

If someone interprets it that way, sure. I do agree that it doesn't sound metal, and that it sounds to me like a garage recording of some kind of groove rock concept band, but you wouldn't catch me stating it as fact.
edit on 7/5/15 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I only have #ty laptop speakers, but I would guess that this is either Acid King, or 13. I don't recognize the song, but the vocalist reminds me of those two groups. Both are fantastic stoner/sabcore bands. 13 is all (very dreamy) ladies.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It could be a early demo from this band?

edit on 5/7/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

In my original response that you replied to. I stated my interpretation.
edit on 7-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Download the app that listens to music and tells you what song/artist it is.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Like another user stated, the Artist is 'Darude', the track is called 'Sandstorm'.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Good chance that it was a local band, which is why i can't seem to be able to narrow it down for you. Sorry man

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Like another user stated, the Artist is 'Darude', the track is called 'Sandstorm'.

Haha never would have called Sandstorm metal... techno yes. Funny how everyone has different ears.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Darude Sandstorm

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Egad! My ears are bleeding! What is this abomination?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You could try emailing or calling the radio station(s) you thought you heard it on, with an approximate time. A lot of stations even have a thing on their website where you can backtrack and see what song they played at specific times. So, at the very least you could get a list of songs to look up and listen to see if one of them is it... assuming their website has that feature... Over here in Seattle, 107.7 The Endd KNDD has it. Or at least they did several years ago when I used to listen to the radio a lot.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Egad! My ears are bleeding! What is this abomination?

Watch out as I've been told music is up to interpretation. I found out that when you express your interpretation. Some people feel the need to interpret your interpretation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join