It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do I post a video (NOT youtube)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hi! I'm new here and I would like to post a video but it's not on youtube or anywhere else, just on my computer.
It says .AVI. I tried to upload it but it wouldn't let me do that. I'm not that good with computers (obviously) so can anybody explain what I need to do. Is it even possible?
(I dont have a youtube account and I dont want to open one)
Thanks in advance!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I've used Photobucket for years. Never had a problem with it.
It's very easy to upload pics or videos to your Photobucket account.

Then just post a link:
vid475.photobucket.com...

You can post images here on ATS, but most sites don't allow posting for videos, because it involves more. (The streaming issues)
Host your vids on a site like Photobucket, link them here, and then they can be viewed with a single click.
edit on 7-5-2015 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Adding [swf]]
[\swf] bb code would be cool lots of cool fla games,videos,chats, pretty much anything could be added . usingna smaller video window 250x250 would speed the pages up.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SmikeS

SWF? As in "shockwave"? That's still around?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've been out of the loop for a few years, but creating fla , compressing mp4 and other formats could all be tied to post through bb code

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: justbe

How to embed LIVE LEAK Video......

I back-engineered this thanks to Skeptic Overlord embedding a live leak video in one of my threads

2. copy this component after the "equals" sign

3. Paste said component in between these bbcodes noting that I have deliberately left off the first [ in this bbcode as it will not post correctly here so add that [ to it OK --------> LiveL] [/LiveL]

4. And Presto........

edit on 8-5-2015 by Sublimecraft because: Or hit "quote" to this post and you will see the final coding

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Thank you all!
I'm lost on the shockwave thing.
And I dont have an account on photobucket or live leak and I would really hate to open an account anywhere. I dont post pictures or videos online, I barely ever take a video, and I dont know if its even worth doing it just for this one. I'm just really curious about it and would like some other opinions.

So, basically, there is no way to upload it directly from me computer into a thread or my profile here?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: justbe
Hi! I'm new here and I would like to post a video but it's not on youtube or anywhere else, just on my computer.
It says .AVI. I tried to upload it but it wouldn't let me do that. I'm not that good with computers (obviously) so can anybody explain what I need to do. Is it even possible?
(I dont have a youtube account and I dont want to open one)
Thanks in advance!

You don't have to have a youtube account to watch videos, the url link is still there.

No need to make a youtube account. Just click on the youtube button here and paste what is after the =

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: justbe
So, basically, there is no way to upload it directly from me computer into a thread or my profile here?
You can upload pictures to ATS, but not videos.

You said you don't want to get a youtube account and upload there, but that's how most people would share a video, as you can embed youtube videos in your post on ATS.

edit on 8-5-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The trouble with sites like Photobucket, is that if your video, or even pictures get over a certain threshold of hits, they will block the download with a pop-up and pester you for more money. If you are going to spend money, you might as well get some performance and reliability, so rent some space on a major file server, like DreamHost. Additionally, the tools they have for you to manage your content are top notch as well.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes ... I have shock wave but it is always crashing lol

But there again my computer is cursed
edit on 9-5-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

top topics

join