It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do UFO's fly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've alway's wondered how do ufos fly. I mean how can a disc shaped object fly and whats all this ant-gravity jargon all about? Can you explain.

Cheers CB.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
UFO= Unidentified Flying Object.

If we cannot Identify it, we have no idea what it is. If we do not know what it is, then we don't know how it works.

Xon

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The us goverment mada a disc shaped plane once. No sucses. A alien ufo doent we know how work. I doent belive that alien ufo have been here and how do we know it is disc shaped? If alien is so inteligance I think they would made it in a other shape. But maybe some people who belive they have seen one can explain but remember, it does not have to be true what he say. Or I doent belive

Xon

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
UFO= Unidentified Flying Object.

If we cannot Identify it, we have no idea what it is. If we do not know what it is, then we don't know how it works.

That is true. But he mean this sauser thing that some people belive in

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
errr...well some UFO's are meteorites and in the words of Woody...they're not flying, they're falling with style.

Unless the UFO becomes 'Identified' it'd be impossible to determine.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Im guessing you mean, how do flying saucers fly? There is no clear explanation otherwise our governments would be building them left and right. The US millitary has attempted at building some in the past, (see CYPHER Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) but many of these projects were unsucessful because of the lack of technology. Some even go as far as saying that "extra terestrial" beings have handed governments unrefined and often bad information on purpose on how to build these things...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here are a a few threads on that (2 by me actually):

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Hope it can enlighten you!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Don't know whats in all the links.. but the theory I've heard is this...

There are 3 rods essentially... (within the craft underneath it) looks *kinda* like this

./ | \
0 0 0

(Now I'm not certain how it works, I wasn't paying close attention to his details)
but what I got out of it was, they manipulated gravity, and moved in all directions, and instead of using thrust, or propelling it, they created somewhat of a constant downhill in whatever direction ... (making a negative gravity field in whatever direction they wanted to go)

[edit on 22/12/04 by dnero6911]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Extrapolation of Lazar's explanations.

The simple answer....we don't know.

However, there are alleged documents regarding the interior and propulsion of UFOs. One of the most intriguing to me was one mentioning General Twining touring the interior. The description (this was a circa 1950'ish document) was VERY similar to Lazar's descriptions, same central reactor, same tube to the top, same three "engines".

It's true the US military has publicly announced some attempts at flying discs (a few threads on this, including pics), but they used jet or propeller engines to do so. (and all were abyssmal failures).

The simple explanation to Lazar's idea is this.

There are two modes of flight, atmospheric, and interstellar. The craft uses a propogated gravity wave (this is also mentioned in several, non-Lazar related documents), that is then directed. There are three gravity wave amplifiers under the interior "deck" of the ship. In atmospheric mode, these direct the wave to hold the ship up, move it around, etc. In interstellar mode, the ship propogates a wave to the destination point, pulls space/time until the two points meet, attaches the ship to the destination point, and then lets space/time "snap back" into place, with the ship now being at point B.

The physics behind it have been described as "fuzzy" at best by critics, and they may be right, however the simple fact remains, that we don't "know", we can only speculate based on the evidence at hand.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

but what I got out of it was, they manipulated gravity, and moved in all directions, and instead of using thrust, or propelling it, they created somewhat of a constant downhill in whatever direction ... (making a negative gravity field in whatever direction they wanted to go

Pure guenius!!!

Ive always thought this, Its logical enough and would
eliminate the FTLS problem because no more energy would be required to push it faster, the mass/w of the object would have no burden on it.

plus that might mean the heavier or more the mass increases closer to "C"
the easier it would move.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by TrentReznor]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i think personally that if u rapidly spin and heat water or some other liquid it will make the sauser start to rise )because inside the air inside the sauser is more highly dense then out side the sauser witch causes it to rise, i think that part of the flying sauser would be the bottom part that kind of sticks out in all directions in a sercle then the top part which is like a half a circle is just were the pilots and/or passenger's would be in. although you would have to spin and heat it so much the heat would probibly melt the container but they might have some kind of metel thats really heat resestant

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i dont belief in UFOs or aliens, those are technologic myths induced by the cold war paranoia

but an disc shaped ship could fly rotating an black hole ( i like more cold star term) at very high speed creating gravity waves

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Elecromagnetics. Resonating frequencies. This issue has been covered before, with much of the same answers as this thread.

Originally posted by SpookyVince
Here are a a few threads on that (2 by me actually):

new topics

top topics

join