It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saint Death Statue (IED?) Left on a Roadway in Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

A possible improvised explosive device (IED) was left on a roadway in Texas near the border with Mexico. The possible explosive device was with a Santa Muerte [Saint Death] statue. The rare find was reported by drivers who called San Benito Police about the statue in the middle of a road Wednesday night.

This prompted police units and firefighters to respond, information provided to Breitbart Texas by police revealed.

As authorities got to the scene they noticed what appeared to be a possible explosive device and contacted the Brownsville Police bomb squad who arrived to inspect the object and the statue.

Authorities have not confirmed if the rare find resulted in a false alarm or if an actual threat existed.

Texas Bomb Squad:
Responds to Possible IED near Border

-
OPINION:

Regardless, whether-or-not it's:

Mexican-Cartel, ISIS, JH15 or Any Other Suspicious-Activity

Texans-Everywhere Are ... On-High-Alert.

( i.e. the eyes of texas really are watching )

edit on 7-5-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I saw on the Today Show this morning "tweets" from alleged ISIS members.

One said, "You ain't seen nothing yet!"

*blink...blink*

What? What kind of Muslim terrorist uses "aint" -- or an entire phrase like that?

They're not even trying anymore to hide the manufactured terror. Good lord, I had to shake my head and walk out of the room.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

WOW! ... "ain't" THAT a ... Helluva-Catch !!!

( or hi52u and another wait-n-see )

edit on 7-5-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You have Mecha radicals who want to retake the Southwest and ISIS who just wants to bring down the great Satan along with well-armed and well-trained cartels and drug gangs. I see a marriage made in hell and a possible large problem should they ever ally, and that's been a rumor for a long time.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This screams propaganda to me or something Alex Jones would create. All it took was a few tweets and the words "may" and "possible" to instill fear that ISIS is operating at our border.

Now people are acting paranoid. Dead deer, IED. Turtle crossing the road, IED. McDonald's bag, IED. Grandma with an oversized purse, IED.

edit on 7-5-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Another news source LINK

Some equate Breitbart to Alex Jones, but I am not of that ilk. I'd be interested to know if any explosives were found, and will try to track this story.

edit on 5/7/2015 by BostonBill99 because: Fix link

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I think another part of it is all these people claiming or associating themselves with isis who probably don't have a clue about it. Similar to every 12 yr old kid who fixed a computer or writes a script claiming they are part of anonymous. It is trendy.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

I think another part of it is all these people claiming or associating themselves with isis who probably don't have a clue about it. Similar to every 12 yr old kid who fixed a computer or writes a script claiming they are part of anonymous. It is trendy.

I wonder if they belong to that group the FBI/CIA coaxes and facilitates right up to the point of execution, only to come in and act like they've thwarted some big terrorist plot. Oh, they would have eventually caused harm, so we just sped things up and kept them from going off the rails. The lack of actual terror has left policy reform at a standstill and they need some homegrown manufactured bull# to get the ball rolling again.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well, if you're going to use a pagan idol as the mascot of your jihad there is really no reason not to add in some narco-christian flare, right?

Your average high school student could cause more damage to America over the weekend than the alleged reconquista movement and ISIS combined have caused in the past year with a book of matches a pocket knife a smartphone and a bus pass.

America's plans for Mexico have been an open secret since the late 90s. We trained and armed the cartels and we intend for them to first cripple the Mexican government and ultimately begin fighting over control of it. America will intervene in a Mexican civil war in response to a refugee crisis and cross-border violence. We are seeing the stage be set for this narrative now, and I can't imagine them taking much longer than Mexico's next election in 2018 to make their move.

The brilliance of it is that it will be the most friendly invasion and puppet government establishment we ever did. Repatriation is where we get them. With newly safe cities and economic opportunities on the other side of the border, a lot of American citizens of Mexican descent will be taking jobs and buying property back there- without ever actually addressing questions of sovereignty they will be able to accomplish a lot of the NAU under the guise of letting refugees go home.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

*blink...blink*

What? What kind of Muslim terrorist uses "aint" -- or an entire phrase like that?

They're not even trying anymore to hide the manufactured terror. Good lord, I had to shake my head and walk out of the room.

American converts would use ain't.

2nd line.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
Well, if you're going to use a pagan idol as the mascot of your jihad there is really no reason not to add in some narco-christian flare, right?

Your average high school student could cause more damage to America over the weekend than the alleged reconquista movement and ISIS combined have caused in the past year with a book of matches a pocket knife a smartphone and a bus pass.

America's plans for Mexico have been an open secret since the late 90s. We trained and armed the cartels and we intend for them to first cripple the Mexican government and ultimately begin fighting over control of it. America will intervene in a Mexican civil war in response to a refugee crisis and cross-border violence. We are seeing the stage be set for this narrative now, and I can't imagine them taking much longer than Mexico's next election in 2018 to make their move.

The brilliance of it is that it will be the most friendly invasion and puppet government establishment we ever did. Repatriation is where we get them. With newly safe cities and economic opportunities on the other side of the border, a lot of American citizens of Mexican descent will be taking jobs and buying property back there- without ever actually addressing questions of sovereignty they will be able to accomplish a lot of the NAU under the guise of letting refugees go home.

That is the most interesting post I have read in a long time.
It seems that the 'War On Drugs' is actually a 'War With Drugs'.
In Europe we rarely hear about what is really going on in that part of the world. Its very plausible and well explained.
Thank you.

Have a star - you seem to be running low!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well that too...I mean after spending billions on this anti terror...they better be showing they are doing something lol

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

*blink...blink*

American converts would use ain't.

2nd line.

So would any other ISIS spokesperson.
They put out slick videos, so the vernacular could be obtained by by watching YouTube videos posted by American hicks.
Osama bin Laden was educated in the US, probably many other radical Muslims have been too.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I also have to side with the school of thought that says real islamic terrorists don't say "you ain't seen nothin' yet".

Put yourself in their shoes- let's say you were terrorizing Iran. Are your notes gonna reflect your culture and ideas or the ones you are fighting against? Is your note gonna say "The Great Satan-ahu Akbar, Marg-bar Terorrist Sons of Motherless Goats" or is it gonna say "UR BOMBZ SUX NEWBS! USA PWNZ U ALL!"
Well that works both ways.

When you kill somebody to make a statement, you're obviously going to the kind of statement that comes from inside of you, not log on to urban dictionary and start formulating a line for your target audience like you were writing an action movie.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
To me it just doesn't fit in with previous tweets and threats have been made.

Even someone who converts to Islam would probably want to be seen in a good light by the radicals they represent -- they'd want it to look scary and "Islamic".

It just looks wrong, and there's something amiss...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

This seems a little silly. The cartel prob wouldnt plant an ied on a road unless they were watching and targeting someone specific and they definitely wouldnt put a totem on it that would make it avoidable. They kill pretty indescriminantly but they have an ultimate goal of profit.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'll bet it was the Mexican FBISIS

AKA El FBISIS

new topics

top topics

join