It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had to Vote Using a Pencil and NOT a Pen. Was Not Happy!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
For those of you saying that it would be difficult, nay very difficult
to mess with the voting process, please, please go read how the
voting in Honduras works, where voters in communities with poverty
rates in the 80%+ spread out over hundreds of miles with little to no
automobiles to get them from their remote farms to the voting booth
had turn outs in the 99% range and shockingly voted for, in ludicrous
amounts, one guy, while being watched by both parties and
international groups hoping to lessen the corruption therein.

A turn out that high in those places is clearly indicative of
voter fraud, in some cities well known drug king pins were
voted into office as well. Not to mention the fact that
many of those who voted could clearly not have been
able to as they were dead. Yes they were proven to be
dead with official death certs but everyone monitoring the count
was told, no worries all, this was clearly a fair vote.

The thing is we don't do it the same here or in the UK
as they do there but to say it would be even a little
difficult with candidates that can throw several hundred million
dollars around provided they make good on their promises
to the financiers is simply naive. The reality is that if they
want to do something underhanded then they will find a way.
Also i would like to add, if you believe it would be difficult
to alter votes on the computer voting machines then please
go look up the MAJOR security issues that have been found
with many many many of the machines currently in use in
the US. One person was able to circumvent and changes votes,
with no trace from one candidate to the other by simply using
a USB drive he had prepared.... The way he did this even took
into account the receipts those machines print out as well, it
was eye opening to say the least.

Simple fact of the matter is that it is not paranoia to want
assurances that our votes ARE counted and the process
works like it was intended to, its simply normal. You don't
install locks on your home for no reason, you install them
on your home for peace of mind..... This is the same thing
honestly. Also this is the one area that should receive insane
amounts of scrutiny, its not done every single year for the
big US elections and it is our right as the society who will
have to deal with the repercussions of the elections
to know it was done right.

A pencil to vote seems almost negligent all around for
security. Almost any even remotely important document
is filled out with pen by requirement.... for obvious reasons...

Something else i just thought of as well, to get married
in the US you require the signature of two witnesses, mine
were my father the minister who married me and my best man,
so why is it that one of the most important things we are
supposed to be able to do in our free countries does not
require a witness? or two or five would suit me honestly.
that way if voter fraud was suspected then find the
questionable ballots and call the person and witnesses to make
sure.... But hey why spend the money to ensure honesty in politics....
Honesty in politics isn't that just funny. is it not sad that
we all already know they are crooks/liars but yet nothing
changes. I am just rambling now but i honestly don't know
how anyone can believe things are not rigged....
Reality is there are some major issues in many countries
with the government that need reformed and we all know we just
cant seem to fix it with voting for some reason.....
edit on 7-5-2015 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

That's when you demand that the local election supervisors are called, get everything on video, and send it all to the local news stations. The only reason they would object to a vote being made with ink is if they intended to alter ballots.

Yes, elections are indeed rigged. All of them, as far as I am concerned.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
God forbid we ever actually have a real problem. This isnt Russia or Iran...do you know any of the counters? I do..you think they would give a damn about bribes? I come on this site sometimes think I live in a different country. I know the SNP were trying to get up to no good and Sinn Fein try to but you people really envisage people rubbing out your votes to change them? Come on!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Australians have been completing the vote slips with pencil for as long as I can remember. Only your post has provided a reason for this.

thank you (but how damn silly am I for not thinking of this myself)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Its true what you say... our votes can easily be altered!!

Anyways, I didn't even get a paper to vote for who stays at No.10.. only got a paper for my 'Constituency' vote!

Strange as I thought the voting was for the General Election.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

In the UK you could apply for a passport using the name taken from a child's or someone of similar age'sgrave (for the recipient) because at one time death certificates were not tallied against passport applications. I suspect that the software in many government departments is way out of date and they won'[t spend the money to improve it. We don't even seem able to screen murderers coming into this country from the EU, let alone anywhere else.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This is the deception of the current, unfair voting system. People are forced to vote for a member of a party about whom they may know nothing, but it is usually the party that dictates their choice, not the candidate's policies and history. The party that wins the election may be voted in by a minority of people, the number of MPs of a party having no mathematical correspondence to its popular vote. The British voting system more often than not results in a government that represents a minority of the voters. Call that democracy?! It is one that can easily (as currently) result in a government that is supported by only - say - 30% of the voting public. We need a form of voting that represents what most people actually want, not this stupid, unfair, antiquated system that allows a government voted upon by only a minority to take power merely because it, for example, gives just one seat in the House of Commons to UKIP despite this party having 12% of the total vote. Ridiculous.
edit on 8-5-2015 by micpsi because: Typo corrected

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

With the result we have just had I suspect there has been a huge amount of skulduggery. It isn't only pencil votes, its postal votes, dead peoples votes, simply changing the ballot boxes before they are counted. I doubt I am the only one who is surprised cameron got in again although with the mess the labour votes was in in Scotland, it was pretty well on the cards.

Why I am suspicious is when you look at the Scottish referendum vote which the Scots lost their change at independence, it doesn't reflect the amount of votes that the SNP have taken in this election so soon after that referendum. I would be wondering about that Referendum count were I scottish. I suspect the Scots will have another very soon if they value their NHS and other things cameron wants to sell off to his buddies for a fat profit.

There are a lot of people who will feel disenfranchised and that's not going to lie well here.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodreviara

Thanks for your reply and also that of LadyGreenEyes, I do think in the UK we have been almost conditioned from our past to bow and touch the forelock to the squire etc and that attitude has percolated through even to today, with many fearing to question authority, merely accepting it and all its corruption. If you listen to people never questioning why their taxes go up yet the government cuts their living standard. I just throw up my hands in horror at the naivety and acceptance of us Brits. We also seem to have a group of diehard establishment supporters who hide behind rudeness and ridicule but we aren't all fainthearted.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
There is no way to check if your vote has been altered so we have to trust politicians not to bribe the counters or have bags grabbed and altered before they are counted.

Actually, there is. You may think it is a "secret ballot" - and for all intents and purposes it is - but when you collect your ballot papers, those numbers are marked against your name. If needs be, your vote can be traced and checked.

So, if you suspect your vote has been altered, then by all means contact the Electoral Commission.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Anyways, I didn't even get a paper to vote for who stays at No.10.. only got a paper for my 'Constituency' vote!

Then you clearly don't understand how to vote or how the system works. Your are voting for your local representative, not a political party and not for an executive - that is decided by the legislature based on how much support one man can muster, which is usually based on the leader of the largest party. In theory, an independent or single seat party could be the PM as long as he/she could master the support of a majority of the MP's.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

Exactly, all the counters are drawn from all the different parties and other organisations and if one was rubbing out ballots, you can bet another would have issue with it and report it. There are also monitors from all parties as well as independents, not to mention the candidates themselves.

What the OP is suggesting is that even the losing candidates were in on any fraud, which is ludicrous.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
In the UK you could apply for a passport using the name taken from a child's or someone of similar age'sgrave (for the recipient) because at one time death certificates were not tallied against passport applications.

I'd like to see you try! When I applied for my son's passport I had to amass several documents, so sticking a recently dead person's name and date of birth would probably get you nowhere, except in trouble. I am sure it was possible in the dim and distant past.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I don't see the problem. It's been law that voting booths offer pencils for years to avoid 'invisible ink' scandals.

There's no rules against you bringing your own pen and this is pointed out in the voting process guides.

EDIT: Just seen you were wrongly told pens can't be used - they can but have to be your own - if I were you I'd report the poll station to electoral authorities as they were telling pure lies and should not be allowed to have any place in polling stations in the future. The rules aren't even that long, they have no excuse for making such a grave error, especially when it's quite a common question from the public.
edit on 8-5-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

I've been insanely boring enough to go to counts at town hall a few times and there's literally hundreds of people watching the vote count - all Parties have reps who constantly monitor the size of vote piles to predict the results/prepare victory/portilo moment speeches so any rigging would be nigh on impossible.

Postal voting is very open to abuse though and I have a vague memory of a few big cases of major fraud being committed on postal votes, from dead voters to changing votes and filling it out on others' behalf without their knowledge.
edit on 8-5-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Then you clearly don't understand how to vote or how the system works. Your are voting for your local representative, not a political party and not for an executive - that is decided by the legislature based on how much support one man can muster, which is usually based on the leader of the largest party. In theory, an independent or single seat party could be the PM as long as he/she could master the support of a majority of the MP's.

I do know how to vote, its just I was expecting to vote for who gets in at no.10 (Gen election) but as one other poster said on another thread.. the constuency vote counts towards 'Camerons' vote.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

I do know how to vote, its just I was expecting to vote for who gets in at no.10 (Gen election) but as one other poster said on another thread.. the constuency vote counts towards 'Camerons' vote.

You "know how to vote" but were expecting to vote for who occupies Number 10? Then you don't know, sorry. Never in UK history has there been an election for the Prime Minister and we have always voted for the local candidate. If you thought otherwise, you were ill-informed.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think its a committee that decides who will be the actual Prime Minister and cameron got the job after a little phone call from queenie, who thought it might be nice yada yada yada, especially for her budget which won't be affected like the one that is apparently to be cut for access for the disabled - who don't have her dropped in her lap wealth.

At the end of the day of counting - no one tallies each vote to a real person and whether they are competent, e.g. in a care home owned by a tory voter with X number of residents entitled to a postal vote, and who are suffering from dementia and alzheimers that are still entitled to vote whether they know it or not.

Still we have cameron who is replacing our NHS by under funding it and granting passports in the millions without any costing done to see what the financial implications are to the NHS budget, schools and everything basically that doesn't affect his kids and family, why should he care unless three's profit somewhere for him and his ilk.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

No, it isn't a "committee". It is simply "the person most likely to command the confidence of the House of Commons". That is normally the leader of the largest party, although as I said above, in theory anyone can be PM as long as they have the support of the House.

As for the postal votes and alleged fraud (I see your now moving the goal posts as it is clear it is nigh on impossible to defraud the regular ballot), they are usually hot on this as well. If a bulk load of postal votes arrived from an old folks home, all marked with the same handwriting and for the same party, alarms would ring - indeed, as they have done in the past - Postal vote fraudsters found guilty, Candidate arrested in 2015 for fraud.

On a side note, it seems Labour are the ones most often caught for this kind of fraud....

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Pencil or pen, or even a hole punch would make no difference.

If the vote is rigged, it's going to be properly rigged.

Think how easy it is to falsify the election result...ballot box (with the for show locks etc.) gets put into a vehicle to be taken to the counting location...only thing is, which box is taken out of the vehicle, the original box with all of our votes inside, or the identical box already in the vehicle, containing completely faked votes?

How do we know?

The votes look genuine, everything is authentic, down to the locks on the duplicate ballot box, but the votes are fake..as far as anyone not in on the act goes, the public, the counters, the returning officers all think they are now counting the votes from the local area, but they could easily be substituted papers.

It's frighteningly simple to steal an election when you think about it.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Even if you used an indelible marker this would not guarantee against vote fraud.
One way to ensure one's vote was not altered ... would be to have a number allotted to your slip ... and also a means of personally checking your vote had not been altered ...

When I went to vote ... they were having problems with actual ballot boxes ... they were becoming too full and people were unable to get their slips in

This was brought to the attention of the people responsible for the boxes ...who quickly moved to rectify the situation
As they were struggling to compress the voting slips into the boxes ... I said very loudly ... "Why don't you take some of the slips out then there will be more room" ... which raised a laugh

However I have no faith in the integrity of the voting system

edit on 9-5-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 9-5-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join