It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pamela Geller vs Imam Anjem Choudary on Fox News, Hannity: 'You Want Her To Die!'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: intrepid
The event was put on to incite. Anyone thinks it wasn't has their heads buried in the sand. This interview was held to incite. Anyone that doesn't see this is oblivious. Let's face it. You KNOW what type of response you will get from some people. I think it's a sad state of affairs when sensibilities are thrown into the ditch for a political motive.

So people shouldn't be allowed to draw the pictures?

Didn't say that. I said it was put on to incite. The 1st allows it but let's not blow smoke up our asses. This was put on to incite Muslim hate. To make a political point.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Now, now. Regardless of the reason, it will never justify the retaliation. Abortion clinics incite Christian anger routinely in this country. In fact there probably have been more Christian influenced terror attacks in this country against abortions and abortion clinics, some resulting in death, than any Muslim influenced attacks not including 9/11. But rarely do the networks hold a national dialogue on the appropriateness or manners of killing unborn life after such an attack. In fact such attacks rarely make it past state news.

Now we are talking about drawing somebody, a whole world away from killing unborn life in the womb. Yet the cartoon is a more serious matter in national dialogue and begs to question the first amendment?

Personally I find that to be an unfair position with double standards in regards to the media reports on the matter.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

They are allowed, no one is saying they are not allowed.
I haven't seen anyone say that it needs to be outlawed, have you?

Just that this particular event was not a very smart one and done with hate in mind not just free speech.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The event was put on to incite. Anyone thinks it wasn't has their heads buried in the sand. This interview was held to incite. Anyone that doesn't see this is oblivious. Let's face it. You KNOW what type of response you will get from some people. I think it's a sad state of affairs when sensibilities are thrown into the ditch for a political motive.

Didn't say that. I said it was put on to incite. The 1st allows it but let's not blow smoke up our asses. This was put on to incite Muslim hate. To make a political point.

And "Piss Christ" was created to make butterflies happy instead of sad. . . . .

The reasoning behind it should not matter. She should have the freedom to do so.

Hate her all day long.
Hate her message all day long.

But you should never try to shut her up.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

They are allowed, no one is saying they are not allowed.
I haven't seen anyone say that it needs to be outlawed, have you?

Just that this particular event was not a very smart one and done with hate in mind not just free speech.

Who cares?

I didn't participate, 99.999% of the country didn't participate.

What is at issue is "should she have done that. . . "

And MSM is qualifying her actions BASED on WHAT SHE SAID.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

That has what to do with the topic? Deflection dude.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Piss Christ has everything to do with the topic.

It was "art" with the intent to incite religious convention.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Piss Christ. Not seeing the correlation.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I don't know about that Intrepid, why me as an American have to look over my shoulder for exercising our rights given to us by birth, in our own country.

The entire world knows what American stand for, what Americans are proud of, so they should be used to, by know how we Americans do our things, if they don't like it, stay away from American and don't invite yourself to come and kill because you don't like the way we do things.

Americans like to bite back, so history tells.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Who cares?

I do, I don't want this lady propped up like some freedom fighter when she could give to flying #s about freedom for anyone that doesn't agree with her.
I don't care what the MSM has to say, I don't watch it.

It doesn't take more then 5 min to see what this ladies views are.
Shoot she even defended that guy that went and killed all those kids in Norway cause some of them were "mixed" and were getting indoctrinated.

Class act for sure.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Piss Christ. Not seeing the correlation.

From your source

Serrano has not ascribed overtly political content to Piss Christ and related artworks, on the contrary stressing their ambiguity. He has also said that while this work is not intended to denounce religion, it alludes to a perceived commercializing or cheapening of Christian icons in contemporary culture.

It was "art" that many in the Christian community took offense to.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You are in Canada, I just heard that the Canadian government let go free one terrorist that killed an American soldier, back when the Afghanistan war.

I know, I know is another topic, but heck he could be crossing the border to do Jihad in the name of Mohammed and against the cartoonist instigator.

edit on 7-5-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   
How is a major religious leader calling for a jihad against against a lone woman...so that she should be horrendously killed...NOT, literally, a 'War On Woman'?

Liberals, care to stand up for her...or does she not count because you don't like her views?

link   

Who cares?

I do, I don't want this lady propped up like some freedom fighter when she could give to flying #s about freedom for anyone that doesn't agree with her.
I don't care what the MSM has to say, I don't watch it.

It doesn't take more then 5 min to see what this ladies views are.
Shoot she even defended that guy that went and killed all those kids in Norway cause some of them were "mixed" and were getting indoctrinated.

Class act for sure.

So we should silence her?

Shoot her?

(I know, how about letting her speak and either ignoring or disagreeing with her!)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

That's been going on for centuries. To compare that to an event that people KNOW will incite a reaction(that's what they want) is ridiculous.

Secondly, Christians. The most thin skinned species on the planet.... from my recent observations.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That is why I take this issue with passion, because if It wasn't for my status as an American citizen living in America, I would have been killed for my views and my opinions, in the middle east

Thank God for American, hell thank Allah for America, after all they are the same God.

link   

That's been going on for centuries. To compare that to an event that people KNOW will incite a reaction(that's what they want) is ridiculous.

Secondly, Christians. The most thin skinned species on the planet.... from my recent observations.

Well, I guess we just see freedom of expression differently.

I will always defend it, even if I don't agree with it.

But that's just me. I'm funny that way.

link   
I think most people have missed the actual Pam Geller points and connections.

Unless people are scared of saying what they *really* think.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Is that what I am saying?
Please show me where I said that.
She can spew his nonsense all she wants, and I have every right to call her a bigot and hateful person for doing it.

And to say that her event was dumb and dangerous and not needed.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Is that what I am saying?
Please show me where I said that.
She can spew his nonsense all she wants, and I have every right to call her a bigot and hateful person for doing it.

And to say that her event was dumb and dangerous and not needed.

You did not state it, but I felt you were implying it.

Apologies.

I thought that perhaps, you were not for freedom of expression.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join