It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pamela Geller vs Imam Anjem Choudary on Fox News, Hannity: 'You Want Her To Die!'

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
All Agents of the Matrix stirring up hate and discontent to keep the proles divided so they don't gather pitchforks and torches and storm the Bastille!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: junglimogli

We can not go around shouting gung-ho, ya we are American, we can say whatever we want!..etc, on subjects that are global and especially sensitive.

Actually, we can. I know people don't like it.

Too effing bad, I suppose.

Guess people will just have to get over it.

Well, this may be fine with you, but it's a very myopic and selfish view of how to handle such a situation.
Your way of thinking is what gets us into a mess in the first place, and the effects of that mess will not have to be dealt by you or me, but by our children going forward. Maybe it's ok for you to leave a place like that for the future generation, but it's not ok for the level headed ones. It's a very selfish way of thinking that you can do whatever you want to anyone, and dangerous also for everyone else.

Yeah, freedom is a bitch, isn't it.

I appreciate the fact that you do not embrace freedom the same way many do. You look for a society that does not carry the burden of freedom.

I wish you well, where ever you end up.

By taking such a stance, you've equated yourself to the level of that choudhry guy - no difference.
Good luck to you too.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I am not asking for her to be silenced, we went over that already.
Just to be able to say she is an idiot without then being labeled as some one who agrees or sympathizes with the people that want her dead.
edit on thFri, 08 May 2015 16:35:52 -0500America/Chicago520155280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Just to be able to say she is an idiot without then being labeled as some one who agrees or sympathizes with the people that want here dead.
You can call her an idiot. I'd agree with you. Woman is a selfish idiot doing this for all the wrong reasons.

But I'd still submit an entry if I lived in the U.S.

Because freedom.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

We can not go around shouting gung-ho, ya we are American, we can say whatever we want!..etc, on subjects that are global and especially sensitive.

Well, this may be fine with you, but it's a very myopic and selfish view of how to handle such a situation.
Your way of thinking is what gets us into a mess in the first place, and the effects of that mess will not have to be dealt by you or me, but by our children going forward. Maybe it's ok for you to leave a place like that for the future generation, but it's not ok for the level headed ones. It's a very selfish way of thinking that you can do whatever you want to anyone, and dangerous also for everyone else.

I appreciate the fact that you do not embrace freedom the same way many do. You look for a society that does not carry the burden of freedom.

By taking such a stance, you've equated yourself to the level of that choudhry guy - no difference.
Good luck to you too.

No.

You've equated me to Choudhry.

Much different.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

a reply to: poncho1982

Does it say that people can't be offended by what people say?

All I am seeing is if you disagree with mrs gellar you are a no good american hating ISIS sympathizer..

Is that how it is suppose to work?

If anyone thinks that because you dislike Geller, you like ISIS...they are wrong.
I think she's an obnoxious self-promoter, but I agree that she is not only within her rights to exercise her rights...but should stand up for them, as she has done here.

To be fair,...the woman probably has used this event to promote her profile and her views...but at the same time, long after her moment in the sun has faded, she has also knowingly guaranteed that her life will never be the same, as she will be living under a threat of death until she either passes away from natural causes...or ISIS actually succeeds in killing her.

I begrudgingly give her this: She is risking her life for what she values and believes; an inalienable human right that many throughout history have fought for and died establishing and defending...for ALL of us. I consider that a noble thing. So should we all.
edit on 8-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Just to be able to say she is an idiot without then being labeled as some one who agrees or sympathizes with the people that want here dead.

Of course you can call her an idiot.

Anyone can and should. Honestly, I wish more people would have an opnion one way or the other instead of keeping quiet (because it might offend) or just sitting on the sofa farting to the Kardashian theme song.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

You can call her an idiot. I'd agree with you. Woman is a selfish idiot doing this for all the wrong reasons.

But I'd still submit an entry if I lived in the U.S.

Because freedom.

I thought about submitting a drawing, but since I have a choice, I chose not to.

link   

Good luck to you too.

oh it isn't that simple. the better comparison would be if beezzer were to go to choudry's home and tell him that if he says anything that beezzer doesn't like, beezzer will do bad things to him. it's pretty simple, actually. people are complicating it because it's a foreign concept in some cultures. but isn't a foreign concept in the usa to have freedom of speech, so that's why the responses are all over the place, AND WHY the responses are allowed to be all over the place: from supporting the lady to supporting the imam, and everything inbetween.

edit on 8-5-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well put

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

We don't agree on a lot of things, but we agree 100% here.

I wish more people would stand up for what they believe in today, and not keep quiet for fear of hurting someone's precious little feelers. It seems like the generation of today seems to have this "Your rights end where my feelings begin" nonsense. It's really sad.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

We don't agree on a lot of things, but we agree 100% here.

I wish more people would stand up for what they believe in today, and not keep quiet for fear of hurting someone's precious little feelers. It seems like the generation of today seems to have this "Your rights end where my feelings begin" nonsense. It's really sad.

Agreed.

Like I stated, I don't even care if you say something I don't like, just SAY SOMETHING!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

whats more telling is that the people are more upset at her........

They should be applauding her, whether they disagree with her or not...

Two extremist were killed = people in the US are in an uproar with self righteous indignation for this woman...

Mass murder in france because of worse drawings = mass movement "I am Charlie"

the fact that people cant see this very hypocritical and ridiculous disconnect boggles my mind....

The level of stupid in this country is getting to be of epic proportions......

Congrats US! Someone exercised their free speech and those who would see them dead for it got killed instead, id say thats a WIN

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I never thought I'd agree with Hannity. For once he is right. Go figure...However, this moment of sanity does not erase the years of vicious attacks against Americans who do not agree with his warped neo-con brainwashing tactics. Big bad Sean loves to show his contempt towards those who pose no threat to him. To watch him call Anjem "sir" over and over throughout the interview and not resort to "dismissive" body language and uttering obnoxious diatribes shows one thing...Sean does not want to have a price over his head like his colleague Pamela Geller. Hell, Ann Coulter has bigger balls than Hannity. Although having to hire more security after every book she writes, I imagine Ann wishes she kept her focus on poor American people and family members of 9-11 victims. Obviously Hannity feels the heat and does not want to go there.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

i just find it a bit odd and unfair, to expect a culture that normally has freedom of speech, to suddenly not have freedom of speech. it's not reasonable to have that kind of expectation of hundreds of millions of people.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Lets make this real simple. These Muslims who would kill based upon a cartoon are completely out of control and their minds. They don't belong in a civilized society and Americans (and feel free to insert your country) shouldn't have to live with them in OUR country. Evict them, send them back to where they came from and NEVER allow them to enter again. Why? Because they are out of control animals if they would kill over a cartoon. That simple.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

a reply to: poncho1982

Does it say that people can't be offended by what people say?

All I am seeing is if you disagree with mrs gellar you are a no good american hating ISIS sympathizer..

Is that how it is suppose to work?

No, you can absolutely be offended. That's all on you.

It's not up to anyone else to tippy toe around you, for fear of offending you.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Live by the sword die by the sword.

She drew a comic, so the upset Muslims should draw a picture of her, fair is fair.

Now, they want to kill people, so they will all be killed. just like the two FBI patsies that have already been killed.

It wont take much, they have 1000 insiders, here, well 500 grand mothers with their glocks can kill those poor excuses for men easily.

some pork spray on your blades and projectiles will also solve any issues they mat have about going to "heaven"

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmenStop
Live by the sword die by the sword.

She drew a comic, so the upset Muslims should draw a picture of her, fair is fair.

Now, they want to kill people, so they will all be killed. just like the two FBI patsies that have already been killed.

It wont take much, they have 1000 insiders, here, well 500 grand mothers with their glocks can kill those poor excuses for men easily.

some pork spray on your blades and projectiles will also solve any issues they mat have about going to "heaven"

Gaston Glock is a genius isn't he? The perfect pistol. Ugly perhaps by exquisitely functional and durable.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

The reason that you see more crime by any other religious group in American like Christians is because our nation is majority Christian, so by population Muslim or Islamic followers are minority.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join