It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news MSM perspective on the implications to US of UK elction outcomes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thought this was worth a look at, I had not really thought of how things could affect the US.

Link

I would be interested in any US members views on what happens today in blighty.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Labour have a tack record of being the USA poodles. USA says jump and labour says how high.

Conservatives least tell the US to stick it when needed (Syria) and have a somewhat more equal partnership.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

www.bbc.co.uk...

Tories wanted us in Syria...

Miliband was the opposition to the war not the conservatives.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I so hate it,when our governments act stupidly and we carry the stink.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

www.bbc.co.uk...

But they still respected the vote and didn't go in.
Plus my consecutive candidate voted against the party.

Blair would have ignored it and just ran in with his tail wagging like the dog he was.
edit on 7-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I am almost 100 percent sure that Conservatives went to Labour to get their backing and Labour or more so Ed said no. David and Ed both agreed on a show a while back that they wouldn't go into Syria without the backing of both parties because of what had happened with Labour in the Iraq War.

I don't want to start an argument over the whole thing because no matter what party they belong to all politicians are the worst of the worst, I'd put them in the same boat as Ambulance chasing lawyers or people who look to get injured to sue but Labour isn't the US poodles, they were told by Blair that they would go with the US because it was best for the partnership. Again I wont say I'm a 100 percent on this one, but I'm sure the vice president during the Bush era said on fox news (yh I know fox) that Blair was persuaded by Bush to go into Iraq, (for reasons he couldn't name but we all know why) and go against his parties wishes to stand as a solid front as the two leading countries of freedom.

I wanted to vote UKIP. They made the most sense for me and I don't believe that they are racist. They see what I see about the EU and that it is nothing but a tyrannical system of bureaucrats who decide the laws of the collected countries and yet never get voted in or out but get chosen. (My personal opinion, we should have stuck with the trade agreement and defense agreement, where we help each other out, that's it).

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I just wondered how a possible referendum on the EU could affect the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership.

I do not know enough about it to comment but I imagine our exit from the EU would put this in jepoardy.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

LoL I doubt it he wasn't the King of England.

We have regulations for people who attempt that.

OT

Our politics are too different to say how it will affect either side.

But to say we are a U.S. lapdog is hilarious.

It was Blair's Intel that sent us to Iraq...

It was Blair's Intel that got Dr Kelly murdered...

It was Blair who became ME Envoy...

It was Blair who had a personal relationship and familial ties with Rupert Murdoch...

It was Blair who was hungry for war...

Bush followed us... Based on his trust for the Intel of Blair.

& the CIA as well.

But that was off the back of 9/11 and he wanted what was best in the fight back...
Blair didn't...
Blair wanted to ease his bloodlust.

Labour, Tories & Libs all voted for that war because they were fooled.

No one was anyone's lapdog.

edit on 7-5-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Okay I commented before watching the video concerning something else but now I've watched the clip and have my thoughts and clearly its an attempt to sway votes, knowing that Fox News is highly ranked over here by some they are attempting to have Conservatives comes across as the correct choice at least that's my opinion.

Cameron is the wrong choice to lead this once great nation. He has no idea what it is like to be at the bottom. He has no clue what it is like to struggle with the bills or be concerned with where your next meal is coming from or even going without so that his children can eat or have clothes like my parents had to. He seems to like to push the blame for the countries woes on the poor and are planning to cut another 12 billion that's billion in welfare cuts for the poorer people including and this is one that has recently come out, if you take five minutes to look it up that parents should only have children if they can afford them and that after the first child (tax credit of 20 a week) the second child tax will be 14 a week and then nothing. He brought in the bedroom tax in an attempt to force people to move out of their homes and it has fallen on its ass because it has made very little money for the country and even people who have tried to take up the offer have been told that there is no place to put them in London and that they can either move to another location or carry on paying the bedroom tax until something comes available.

Cameron isn't going to help the poor. The best answer for me would have been UKIP but sadly they wouldn't get enough votes to have Farage as Prime Minister, and no I'm not talking about the racist rubbish that people talk about I'm looking to leave the EU but don't trust Cameron to give us what we need so I'm voting Labour to help remove Cameron but I will admit the only thing that has me nervous concerning the vote is the SNP, I'm not gonna go on about that woman and that party because I might get banned on this site. I will say though, When the whole independence thing came up I was so hoping they got the split.

Final Note - I think it should become law that everyone votes but I would add on the card these words - NO CONFIDENCE - and give people the option to tick or cross that if they don't trust either party oh and one more thing, I know I'm rabbiting on, I think that when it's a hung parliament I think the smaller parties should present their deals to us and then we the people should get to vote which parties join together to make the government, that would be true democracy.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

www.bbc.co.uk...

But they still respected the vote and didn't go in.
Plus my consecutive candidate voted against the party.

Blair would have ignored it and just ran in with his tail wagging like the dog he was.

Na, The Tories were outvoted to the point 40+ tories didn't have the stomach for it either...they would have forced a general election if they went into another ground war so soon after lying about the last one...but dont worry, more lies and false flags will be the norm once again very soon, way too much unprotected natural resources out there still to be prised away from the rightful owners.

What they did vote for, though we never really seen much media coverage, was hundresd of millions in "Aid"?? and over 150 air sorties bombing the crap out of Syrian forces..so technically they, Westminster once again lied to the public and respected no vote whatsoever..
edit on 7-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

LoL I doubt it he wasn't the King of England.

We have regulations for people who attempt that.

PM and cabinet I believe do hold the power to declare war without parliament. I think its one of the very few executive powers and has to be done through the queen.

Though not sure its ever been done. If was I am guessing it would cause a uproar.

new topics

top topics

join