It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well... I just voted.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

Which is why I voted SNP, and I'm a Yorkshireman. Although I suspect Northern England will start shouting about the discrepency between the representation and money distributed to 5 million scottish residents compared to 5 million Yorkshire residents.

Didn't Yorkshire hold there own referendum a while back but decided to stick with the status quo..? Cant remember what it was for but i'm sure they did.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The various regions were offered a vote on devolution, and Yorkshire declined.

Been and voted for the least worst of a bad bunch, but quite who that was I'll keep to myself.

I predict another Tory led coalition. I think Milliband has all the electoral appeal of a wet haddock. I'm certainly hoping for a bad night for UKIP

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Been and voted for the least worst of a bad bunch, but quite who that was I'll keep to myself.
Yeah, keep the option to criticise the choices of others while retaining the ability to avoid criticism for your own secret choice.
Hmm...I guess if you don't have the courage of your conviction then fair enough, but I'll ignore any contributions you have to make in political debate if you refuse to pin your flag to a mast in public.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This was an election that required the people to vote in such a way as to cause a reset from the extreme swing to the right at the last election. You may not agree with me, but the only way that was going to happen, the only way a reset to centre-left politics was to vote Labour and give them a landslide victory.

Yes, I know, Labour are not the ideal choice, but if there was one thing the British public needed to do today was to kick the Tories out...that had to be the mission. Voting for candidates who would not make a dent in the bigger picture is throwing away the chance to aid those seeking a reset.

No one votes or doesn't vote on personalities, you vote for the country, and right now Britain is crying out for centre-left politics. it doesn't want extreme left, it needs centre-left, and if in gaining it by a landslide it would send out a very important message to other countries. A message that says you can move away from the politics of corporations, but you need to align with each other.

I doubt it will happen here in Britain, because as a country we cannot run fast enough to get away from one another, so divided are we by petty trivialities. I'll be happy as long as the Tories are utterly rejected by the electorate.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Wouldn't be surprised, why else would all the polling stations offer only pencils when pens make the vote permanent...

Mate,I have had rational debates turn into arguements with folk at polling stations over the years about the whole pencil thing.
The goobers at the polling station would swear to me that they were "special permenant pencils"that you could not buy..."
I sheet you not.

So four years back,I took a pencil eraser with me to vote,and I tested the "special pencil" I voted with and I am sure you can guess the result.

You guessed right!
The pencil is completeley normal,and can be erased with an off the shelf rubber.

Ever get the feeling you've been had?

But don't worry,soon it will all be internet voting only-that can't be messed with like a pencil,right?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Why did you not just take your own ink pen as I did?
It is legal so long as the 'X' is clearly legible.
You mugged yourself as far as I see it.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Forcing the establishment to give the people candidates and parties which serve the interests of the people first, and their own members a distant, light years distant last, is the only way I can see things changing around here without bloodshed after all, and change there must surely be, if liberty, freedom, and equality not just of opportunity but of outcomes, is ever to be seen in my life time.

Here in the states the The Chief of the Iroquois was always the poorest member of the tribe.
Didn't work out very well for the Iroquois I'm not sure why.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

yeah thats what i do.

use my own pen.

Well, that or i open up a vain and paint the cross in my blood.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Hahaha!
I'd only go the blood route in an absolute last resort!
...I bought 20 biro pens at Poundland for...urm...a pound.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Why did you not just take your own ink pen as I did?
It is legal so long as the 'X' is clearly legible.
You mugged yourself as far as I see it.

I did vote that day,but also tested the pencil with an eraser on the side of the vote slip so I didn't mug myself.
But hey,don't worry,I do take a permenant pen to vote now since then.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Sensible move.
It seems we share similar concerns and take similar precautions then.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I was so tempted to just write "VOTE PEDRO" across the paper.

Post of 2015!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I took my own pen...

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Good for you sir. Those who do not vote can only expect those who do to place their own pandering politicians into office.

There really should be a "Non of the Above" box and if a simple majority voted that way then all the present candidates are dismissed to include the incumbents running for re-election. A new election would have to be held in 3 months with new candidates.

With some of the leadership of the world a 3 month break would be nice..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join