It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for UK general election result.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: nonspecific

Yep, the only reason I would starve to death if I was existing solely on any benefits in the UK is because I made the stupid choice of choosing something that doesn't keep me alive over buying food.
#ing drama queen in my mind. Lame.

Not the right place or time but as you say you cant eat a youtube vid.

Hungry is as hungry does and if you fail to do the things that keep you alive then there's not a lot you can say about that as an outsider.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
no longer to afford meds I need
I don't believe you. If you are in such a challenging means-tested benefits situation then your prescriptions will be free, or you are not at rock bottom unable to feed yourself because some other income/benefit has been taken into account of the calculation which you spend on something else, like internet access or whatever.

...you will not be close to starving. I don't believe you for a moment.
Drama queen, explain your definition of starving in N.Korea lol.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion nobody cares its dog eat 🐕. Dog
It all went downhill when mother teresa died.
I hope theres an mp gets voted in who can bring a bit of empathy and goodwill. But whats the chance of that?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Do you want to see the several hundred pages of DWP documents I was sent proving all this? There's no exemption box for PIP/DLA.

Read my post it's included in my rent, it's not an extra cost - rent and outgoings aren't even assessed in PIP.

Why would I make up such an absurd claim unless I had concrete evidence?
edit on 7-5-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

originally posted by: disregard
a reply to: bastion nobody cares its dog eat 🐕. Dog
It all went downhill when mother teresa died.
I hope theres an mp gets voted in who can bring a bit of empathy and goodwill. But whats the chance of that?

Pretty much - prey on the weakest and most vulnerable first as the yno means of fighting back.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Bull# you have no money for food, you pay for your electricity at least to post here, and I assume an internet provider.
Starving to death is all I'm arguing with you about.
I call bull#.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Lets not be a arse here.

Ok I doubt he will starve.

You dont choose to be disabled and it is not fair to reduce the disabled to the bare necessities.
They should not be cut off from the outside world and to many internet is there access.

I was on ESA and DLA for a while myself and would have gone insane cut off from the outside world. I was lukcy enough to get better, others are not.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Bull# you have no money for food, you pay for your electricity at least to post here, and I assume an internet provider.
I call bull#.

Read my post again, that's all in my rent. I don't have any luxuries and £20 for food per week after rent.

Pay your rent, bills and food for six months for 9p a week if you want to prove me wrong.

originally posted by: crazyewok

Lets not be a arse here.

Thanks for the support but I'm sadly used to being bullied for being made disabled, even the government call us herd and cattle to avoid having to consider us human beings.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Dude I agree completely.
I just can't ignore emotive claims of 'starving' from someone on an internet forum.
Is that so bad? I think it needs to be pointed out for clarity and to avoid US citizens using it as examples of how # they claim our country is.
Bastion is not starving now, and is not likely to be starving anytime soon.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Bastion is not starving now, and is not likely to be starving anytime soon.

I've had to starve myself in the past for three months (half a cup of rice a day) and will have to again as soon as the £12bn cut on disabled people kicks in.

Thousands of disabled have already starved to death under the current government.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

What's the 9 pence a week thing? Again, stop being a drama queen.
You have much more cash you can choose to spend on food than 9p per week and you know it. Maybe one specific benefit was cut and you are suffering as a result but that is not the only cash benefit which gets transferred into your account and you know it.
You appear to be very misleading in your description of all the different welfare benefits you may or may not receive.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I call bull#.

Read my post again, that's all in my rent. I don't have any luxuries and £20 for food per week after rent.

Pay your rent, bills and food for six months for 9p a week if you want to prove me wrong.

originally posted by: crazyewok

Lets not be a arse here.

Thanks for the support but I'm sadly used to being bullied for being made disabled, even the government call us herd and cattle to avoid having to consider us human beings.

U2u me if you need help on 20 quid a week easy done if you know how.

Lets leave this for now and get back to the elections eh people?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Whatever, I'll leave you to it, but starving to death? Nope, I think you are being a drama queen and I've called you out.
Apologies to the OP for going off-topic badly. It was not my intention, but I promise I shall refrain from engaging with the 'starving' UK posters here in future.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Predictions on the beeb that lib dems will loose 47 seats??

Thats a twatting in anyones book.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Predictions on the beeb that lib dems will loose 47 seats??

Thats a twatting in anyones book.

Clegg is probably crying his eyes out over a bottle of wine

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I imagine he may be somewhat relieved as can now go and get a proper job with his mates in industry and move on.

It's early days but they are bombing badly.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Richly deserved too.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You have much more cash you can choose to spend on food than 9p per week and you know it. Maybe one specific benefit was cut and you are suffering as a result but that is not the only cash benefit which gets transferred into your account and you know it.
You appear to be very misleading in your description of all the different welfare benefits you may or may not receive.

When I was initially refused PIP after the DWP wrongly claiming I wasn't epileptic despite my surgeon, gp, neurologist, neuropsychologist and neuro rehab team wrote letters confirming I'm severely epileptic I was put on JSA and given 9p a week/19p a fortnight. I wasn't allowed any other benefit, including housing benefit.

If you want I'll post up the letters from the DWP confirming all this to be true and complaints from my MP about their treatment of me - I know it sounds far fetched I couldn't believe it myself as thought this would only happen in third wolrd countries but this is 100% true and I have the paperwork to prove it.

---------
Sorry for causing the derail. Lets get back on track. Interesting stuff coming in.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Well that seems to be a complete cock up with the DWP.
someone #ed up the paperwork.

Thats bureaucracy for ya.

Bureaucracy cares for no party.
Something similar happened to my nan in 2006
edit on 7-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

When I was initially refused PIP after the DWP wrongly claiming I wasn't epileptic despite my surgeon, gp, neurologist, neuropsychologist and neuro rehab team wrote letters confirming I'm severely epileptic I was put on JSA and given 9p a week/19p a fortnight. I wasn't allowed any other benefit, including housing benefit.

If you want I'll post up the letters from the DWP confirming all this to be true and complaints from my MP about their treatment of me - I know it sounds far fetched I couldn't believe it myself as thought this would only happen in third wolrd countries but this is 100% true and I have the paperwork to prove it.

---------
Sorry for causing the derail. Lets get back on track. Interesting stuff coming in.

Make a thread buffy, politics aside were all friends here.

Farage just thanked the tabloids for all there help, says it all really...

Edit: should have said Buddy, it's late and i'm drunk. not calling you some kind of teenage vampire slayer

edit on 7/5/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/5/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I imagine he may be somewhat relieved as can now go and get a proper job with his mates in industry and move on.

It's early days but they are bombing badly.

Maybe we will see clegg on a street corner in Sheffield selling the big issue

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join