It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for UK general election result.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Have you guys got a better tracker than I have? No updates at all. It's gotta be midnight there now. Really interested but no news.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Have you guys got a better tracker than I have? No updates at all. It's gotta be midnight there now. Really interested but no news.

Only 3 results are in.

All Labour but there are all in Labour safe seats so no surprises yet.

Well except that UKIP seem to be coming 2 or 3rd.
edit on 7-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I wondered the same - the only thing I read so far is that the Conservatives are doing much better than they should be, or are predicted to anyhow.
That's depressing if they're like our conservatives but hey-ho.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I'm wondering if the UKIP vote in Labour seats isn't tactical, basically Conservative voters looking for an alternative way of defeating the Labour candidate. That sort of thing has been predicted.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels

No no no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

They are conservative for us. For you guys they are likely more liberal than your democrats. In the USA they would probably be burned for being too "commie"

Our main parties are very much more central than right/left.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

can you guys watch bbc iplayer? I imagine so as I use a proxy to to watch US tv and it works fine for me.

Try this

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That's true actually - didn't Cameron legalize gay marriage?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

They are conservative for us. For you guys they are likely more liberal than your democrats. In the USA they would probably be burned for being too "commie"

You owe me half a beer and a cloth to wipe the spat beer from my monitor.

Agreed our conservatives are not as right wing.

I'm not sure what the comparison would be?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

can you guys watch bbc iplayer? I imagine so as I use a proxy to to watch US tv and it works fine for me.

Try this

Aww thank you but I can't watch it at work.
Keeping up with it on my cell, I'll check too when I get home.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You owe me half a beer and a cloth to wipe the spat beer from my monitor.

Agreed our conservatives are not as right wing.

Dont think there is one USA politics is in its own crazy alien world.

And here another beer
edit on 7-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: crazyewok

That's true actually - didn't Cameron legalize gay marriage?

I think he did yes.

link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

I'm wondering if the UKIP vote in Labour seats isn't tactical, basically Conservative voters looking for an alternative way of defeating the Labour candidate. That sort of thing has been predicted.
That's an interesting question. I have no idea as my area is always a ConLib/UKIP choice...Labour are always after them, but I can imagine how in a Labour stronghold some dyed in the wool Tories could see that as their protest/tactical vote.
Interesting question.
edit on 7.5.2015 by grainofsand because: died to dyed - typo fix

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

He did, but he was one of the major pushers for making it illegal to mention homosexuality exists in sex ed until a few years back.

If these exist polls are to be believed we are completely and utterly #ed.

I'm a disabled person due to being run over by a car a couple of years back, I have two degrees (Applied Maths and Journalism) and worked in Unis for years prior to it - under the current goverment I had aid slashed to £5k a year to live off and Tories want to scrap another £12bn from the disabled.

Thanks Tory voters I'msoon be forced to starve to death because of idiots buying their hateful rhetoric. That's compassionate Conservatism for you.

10,000+ disabled dead thanks to IDS and they still want to kill even more of us. Lovely.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I think your countrymen could fill that in:

I think that covers everyone.

That was supposed to be funny. It's too true to be funny.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Try this

Aww thank you but I can't watch it at work.
Keeping up with it on my cell, I'll check too when I get home.

aww your timezone sucks.

Your at work while I'm at home after midnight drunk watching whats left of my world burn....

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Thanks Tory voters I'msoon be forced to starve to death because of idiots buying their hateful rhetoric.

Drama queen much?!
I don't believe you are going to starve to death anytime soon. How much do you pay to be online on ATS?
Drama queen.
Shameful in my opinion as it belittles the situation of genuine starving folk in the world...who are not on ATS.
Lame.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: bastion
Thanks Tory voters I'msoon be forced to starve to death because of idiots buying their hateful rhetoric.

Drama queen much?!
I don't believe you are going to starve to death anytime soon. How much do you pay to be online on ATS?
Drama queen.
Shameful in my opinion as it belittles the situation of genuine starving folk in the world...who are not on ATS.
Lame.

If I was starving I would contemplate cancelling my broadband, selling my laptop and heading of to the nearest coop skip at this time of night.

Each to there own though I suppose.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yep, the only reason I would starve to death if I was existing solely on any benefits in the UK is because I made the stupid choice of choosing something that doesn't keep me alive over buying food.
#ing drama queen in my mind. Lame.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's starting to look like the Lib dems will pay the price tonight for their trading principles for power after the last election.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Nothing as it's included in current rent - under the proposals I'll be homeless, no longer to afford meds I need to keep me alive due to severe epillepsy and dead in a few months.

When they failed me at PIP I was grarnted 19p a fortnight to live off including rent etc... see how long you can live off that if you want to prove me wrong. Under IDS changes if you appeal a decision you're banned from all welfare for six months and under 25s are banned from claiming any welfafre.

Pull your head out the sand and look at the reality. These are cold, hard facts.

'The United Kingdom has become the first country to face a high-level inquiry by the United Nations committee responsible for oversight of disability rights into charges of “grave or systemic violations” of disabled people’s rights'

www.opendemocracy.net...
edit on 7-5-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

But thanks for demonstrating typical Tory views that those with terminal illness are 'drama queens'.
edit on 7-5-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join