It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for UK general election result.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

According to reports there were 89 with the candidate missing representing 0.1% of the overall ballots and this has already been rectified.

It would be interesting to know where those 89 are and which candidates were missing , like Freeborn I struggle to understand how that could happen.

I imagine foul play will be screamed anyway though.

Perhaps not screamed but certainly considered and investigated I would hope , if someone is standing for election and their name doesn't appear on the paper then surely that must invalidate that election result , how can that be a fair contest.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I think its irrelevant which candidate was missing - I think its important we find out exactly how this happened and to what extent.

The only re-assuring thing about this is that it was spotted so early and that it has been reported on so early as well - there doesn't seem to be any attempt to cover it up.
And of course the council refusing point blank to accept any sort of responsibility whatsoever, as per.

I could go into some depth about the nefarious doings of my local council but now is neither the time nor place.

edit on 7/5/15 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think like me most of us Brits are looking for a fourth option, party to vote for wise. I think we are looking at an October re-election campaign as it will be a minority government this time round.

Dare I throw in the suggestion of alternative voting practices are required instead of FPTP. Maybe STV? en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

According to reports there were 89 with the candidate missing representing 0.1% of the overall ballots and this has already been rectified.

This puts 89 spoiled ballot papers into perspective.. More than 200,000 UK ballot papers stolen by van thieves

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

I've long been an advocate of introducing an alternative form of voting to First Past The Post, FPTP.

But it is worth noting that if we were to do so then with the rise in support for the 'smaller' parties we would see the almost certain likelihood of hung parliaments and coalition governments after almost every election.

Now that's not necessarily a bad thing but it would be a marked and significant change in UK politics.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm still trying to get my head around you guys elections.
I was reading earlier someone urging people to take their own pen as the polling stations only provide you pencils??
That has to be looked into surely.

It also made me think, having read what constitutes a 'spoiled' ballot, that you have to really have faith in the guys counting the vote, especially in some of the smaller, less scrutinized areas.
If there were only a few votes in it they could easy deface or spoil several voting cards to mess with it.

We've had our fair share of voter and election fraud so you guys certainly do.
Also people missing off of the paper and a ton going missing should surely be looked at.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
I was reading earlier someone urging people to take their own pen as the polling stations only provide you pencils??

The voting has always been in pencil, as long as I remember. There is probably some historic rationale for that, but I don't know what. Eliminates danger of ink supply running out? We are instructed not to add any other markings to the paper, so it's possible that bringing your own pen and marking with ink might count as "spoiling".

It also made me think, having read what constitutes a 'spoiled' ballot, that you have to really have faith in the guys counting the vote, especially in some of the smaller, less scrutinized areas.
If there were only a few votes in it they could easy deface or spoil several voting cards to mess with it.

The counting is done centrally per constituency.
Every candidate has an army of his own people jealously watching the count as it happens, so they will be on the alert so spot any misbehaviour.
Candidates also have the right to demand a re-count of the votes, if the result seems close. I don't know the exact rules, but multiple re-counts have been known to happen.

edit on 7-5-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Wow fascinating, thank you.
So all of the people who take their own pen to try and ensure their vote is permanently on the ballot may actually be spoiling their own ballot?
That's crazy and kinda ironic I guess.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I've just been reading more and apparently using a pen is fine.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Many other sources say the same.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

I have just copied this from a document issued by the Electoral Commission;

"What happens at the count?
The first stage of the count involves the verification of all ballot papers.
Throughout polling day, polling station staff record the number of ballot papers that they issue to voters. Count centre staff will then compare this with the number of ballot papers in the ballot boxes that election staff deliver to the count centre.
Only after verification has taken place can counting assistants begin counting the votes for each candidate.
Candidates may appoint ‘counting agents’ to attend the count. Counting agents may observe the process and help to ensure it is carried out in an orderly and accurate manner. For example, counting agents can draw the attention of count staff to doubtful ballot papers or argue for the inclusion of ballot papers that count staff have rejected as spoiled

Candidates and their agents may request that the (A)RO [Acting Returning Officer] conduct a recount.
There is no limit to the number of recounts that a candidate or their agent can request, but an (A)RO may refuse a request if they believe it to be unreasonable. An (A)RO may instigate a recount."

Electoral Commission

edit on 7-5-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Big banks and corporations will be the ultimate winners, as will the already rich who will get richer.

No matter which of the mainstream parties wins, or what coalition consisting of them is put into power, nothing will change and the global criminals will continue their plunder.

Ah, so it appears that you have the same system that we have over here as well in the US.

Global corporate interest appears to be in charge of it all.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I wonder if they could identify those stolen using the bar-codes?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i predict ukip will win the vote ,but due to european interests the queen ,rothchilds,jp morgan etc they will blatantly fix the results ,and most likely have already decided what the outcome is,
we have a lot to do in this country our politics stink of corruption ,the media is biased to the point of complete lies.
and if they do put cameron in again im ready to start building weapons for the revolution

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
i predict ukip will win the vote ,but due to european interests the queen ,rothchilds,jp morgan etc they will blatantly fix the results ,and most likely have already decided what the outcome is,
we have a lot to do in this country our politics stink of corruption ,the media is biased to the point of complete lies.
and if they do put cameron in again im ready to start building weapons for the revolution

They will win 6 seats 10 at most.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They're printing the replacements on different coloured paper, so the old ineligible ones can be easily spotted and removed should they turn up.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

thats really funny ,i was at a church coffee morning this very morning,guess what, more than 6 people at my table where voting ukip and i personally know of at least 20 more through various online resources ,maybe some of us remember the millions who died in ww2 so our laws where decided here and not by europe.
and we choose not to spit on their graves thank you.
edit on 7-5-2015 by stuthealien because: punctuation

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Stalin said its not important who votes,whats important is who counts the votes at this stage most major parties have scrutineers so that shouldn't be a problem yet,that being said the top 1 percent owns both labor and the conservatives and you'll get the same either way in the long term,if a third viable force arises from our experience here in Australia there are then 2 choices buy them too or destroy them via all means possible legal,media etc.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

thats really funny ,i was at a church coffee morning this very morning,guess what more than 6 people at my table where voting ukip and i personally know of at least 20 more through various online resources ,maybe some of us remember the millions who died in ww2 so our laws where decided here and not by europe.
and we choose not to spit on their graves thank you.

I want out of Europe as much as you.

And a referendum is something my conservative MP strongly wants.

But im being realistic. Yes there are some community's like yours that will have strong UKIP support but in most like mine UKIP wont find much traction.

I hope you get the party that best represents your community's views.

6-10 seats would still be a big victory for UKIP and likely put them ahead of the Libdems as the 3rd biggest party.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

..... I think we all know that SNP are going to be the 3rd party, good or bad

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

..... I think we all know that SNP are going to be the 3rd party, good or bad

Well 3rd biggest in England.

new topics

top topics