It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for UK general election result.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But according to crazyewok I am scum because i voted for a labour MP who was in power in 2003..... in 2001.

Learn....to......Read.

No problem if you voted for a labour or tory MP who voted for the war in 2001. But after? well then I have a problem.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I remember that protest, I was at one in Edinburgh against the war.

But according to crazyewok I am scum because i voted for a labour MP who was in power in 2003..... in 2001.

Never mind mate... we know the score.
Being insulted by a Ukipper whose idea of activism and protest is Tweeting something really doesn't bother me.

Anyway.... predictions for the General Election

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok mate you need to calm down a bit. There's another 24 hours until we know the results. Pace yourself or you'll have tired yourself out before the polls close

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Being insulted by a Ukipper whose idea of activism and protest is Tweeting something really doesn't bother me.

Funny I didnt vote UKIP

Plus you dont know what I do elsewhere.
edit on 7-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: crazyewok mate you need to calm down a bit. There's another 24 hours until we know the results. Pace yourself or you'll have tired yourself out before the polls close

Vote labour or Tory.

Just dont vote for a candidate that voted for the Iraq war thats all im asking.

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

But those who voted them back in 2005? 2010? And who will vote for the same people today are guilty of supporting war criminals.

Just because somebody voted for any of the main parties back in 2005, does not mean they were supporting the war or if they did then they probably had their reasons for it. For example I voted Labour in 2005, why? Because Michael Howard was worse than Blair, there were not as many fringe parties and for some people it was a general election and not a referendum on the war. More labour MPs voted against Iraq than any other party.

There are more reasons to vote than war.

I think the same this time (trying to get back on topic)

Sure Cameron had lead us into Libya and we have the problems with Syria yet for me whats going on domestically is more important, so I am going to vote based on what is best for me. It might be selfish but that's how it works, if its more important for you to look at a candidates record on conflict then fair enough but I am more interested in how they are going to support the economy.
edit on 7-5-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

24 hours?? We may not the know the result fully for a month yet.
Well - we may not have a government for a month anyway.
This will rumble on for a good while methinks.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Funny I didnt vote UKIP

Plus you dont know what I do elsewhere.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
edit off topic

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I think this could rumble on as well.

I really don't think this is going to be settled overnight, I think we are looking at some very tense negotiations and I honestly can't see any agreement being made unless its a Lib/Con deal again, however I can't see the Lib's going for it this time.

could get very messy.

My hope is that a true alternative emerges.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup I hope we know something by tomorrow lunch time, but your right, this has the potential to drag out a while

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I voted Conservative.

Don't even know if we were even running a UKIP candidate to be fair I didn't even look as UKIP would not be suitable for my area.

If I lived 500m down the road I would probably be voting Labour Ironically.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Well I dont know who you labour candidate was in 2005.
If they were one of the 25% that voted against the war then it was a fair enough vote.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I think this could rumble on as well.

I really don't think this is going to be settled overnight, I think we are looking at some very tense negotiations and I honestly can't see any agreement being made unless its a Lib/Con deal again, however I can't see the Lib's going for it this time.

could get very messy.

My hope is that a true alternative emerges.

I think that if a lib/com deal is done then the libs will go in a lot stronger this time round.

They were so desperate for a deal last time they sold out and lost a lot of confidence because of it.

With it a little more wide open this time I would like to see more of an actual coalition.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I think that if a lib/com deal is done then the libs will go in a lot stronger this time round.

However, if they have lost seats in the meantime, their negotiating hand will be weakened.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Except that it does - compare the UK to North Korea or Burmese Junta, which would you rather live under? If you're that apathetic you must have never known poverty, hunger, discrimination etc...

Just to clarify: you believe that the difference between North Korea and the UK is defined by party politics? I'd suggest that it's more down to a difference in strategy; a strategy that the West left behind a long time ago. An experienced crime boss will have to look after his own people or they will cease to be his people. It's simply good business.

Who fights the wars for the West? The people. Who fights the wars for NK? Nobody - they don't go starting wars; they're completely insular and destined to soon fail.

Apathetic? Absolutely not.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The UKIP election candidate has been 'missed' off some of the ballot papers in one of the wards in my constituency.

I'm sure they'll make the most of that - as would the candidate of every other party.

I wonder if the validity of the ballot will stand despite officials contacting the Electoral Commission and being assured that everything is ok.

Typically the Local Council are refusing to accept any responsibility for this whatsoever despite the official responsible for ensuring the ballot takes place in accordance with all rules etc being a full time Council employee on over £100,000 per year.

Early feelings from local constituents is that a full re-ballot should take place - I have no idea about legal precedents etc.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

According to reports there were 89 with the candidate missing representing 0.1% of the overall ballots and this has already been rectified.

I imagine foul play will be screamed anyway though.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

89 that they know of - have they counted the papers that had already been completed?

And having worked in the printing industry I'm struggling to understand how only 89 papers can be mis-printed....but I guess that's just the conspiracy theorist in me raising its ugly head.

Still, I suspect it is just a genuine mistake, but......?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It does seem a little odd although I imagine the ones that were noticed were for people intending to vote UKIP.

For anyone not voting UKIP I imagine it would not be worth mentioning.

I would like to think they were all missing the UKIP candidate and only 89 people cared but thats just me

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join