It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for UK general election result.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds

Well it is election day...

Whatever day it is: it still means nothing.

Except that it does - compare the UK to North Korea or Burmese Junta, which would you rather live under? If you're that apathetic you must have never known poverty, hunger, discrimination etc...

a reply to: crazyewok

Because Scotland has decent parties that know education and healthcare should be free for all as they pay for themselves several times over, whereas all the London-centric parties are best mates with private healthcare and student loans companies and are more interested in lining their pockets and protecting banks than looking after the country or the population. /gross oversimplification but still stands - the more north you go in the UK, the more left wing the general populations views.
edit on 7-5-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Soloprotocol

please

don't hijack this thread and turn it into a Scotland vs UK debate.

We had that debate back in September, we may one day have it again, but today we are voting for the next group of parasites to lead us into more wars and cover up more abuse, lets stick to that.

I was replying to Crazywok who decided to accuse us scots of raping and sponging from England, when in fact it's on public record it's the other way around....I wont hold my breath on you accusing Crazywok of trying to hijack this thread and turn it into a anti Scots debate mind you.

Cheers..I'm out.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Half of labour are crooks too.....well a mix of crooks and war criminals.

Anyone who votes for a labour candidate that was in power in 2003 are scum.
edit on 7-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok the Tories supported the war, they didn't oppose military action

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Half of labour are crooks too.....well a mix of crooks and war criminals.

Why is that? Because of the Iraq War? The Iraq War that was fully supported by the Tories.

The Labour and Conservative parties – the two largest parties – were both committed to approving the invasion, although a quarter of the Labour party rebelled and voted against the invasion. The Liberal Democrats, who had one in twelve of the MPs in parliament, also opposed the invasion.

en.wikipedia.org...

And really? People are scum for how they vote?

Voting for racists, homophobes, xenophobes and complete loons would make you more scum in my book.
Voting for a party who were lied to by one or two people and were duped by "American Intelligence" while certainly more costly and certainly more serious, can't really be compared.

People have an honest, open choice about who they vote for.
We have no dodgy dossiers, no "Intelligence" telling us anything.
Just a choice... cast your vote.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Yes and as i think I have said to you before you could probably say the same about anyone who voted for Churchill, Heath, Thatcher and Attlee and so on.

Basically you are calling anyone who disagreed with your political view point at the time "scum".

Fair enough, by all means you can disagree with their choice, just like i could disagree with whatever way you vote today, but I am not going to call you "scum" over it.

Lets leave the insults aside for a moment and actually have a mature debate about the political cross roads that our country now finds itself in.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: crazyewok the Tories supported the war, they didn't oppose military action

Anyone who votes for a Tory that voted for it are scum too.

I am not. In fact Im voting for one of the very few that opposed Syria.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

A classic Skinner quote.

No matter people's opinion of his politics I think most will acknowledge that he is a true politician of conviction and one of the few with integrity.

We need more like him - sadly he's a dying breed.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

A classic Skinner quote.

No matter people's opinion of his politics I think most will acknowledge that he is a true politician of conviction and one of the few with integrity.

We need more like him - sadly he's a dying breed.

I know... we really do need more like him.
He had conviction, wit, drive and actually gave a crap about his cause and people.

*sigh*

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Why is that? Because of the Iraq War? The Iraq War that was fully supported by the Tories.

Read above.

Anyone who votes for the likes of May, IDK ect who supported it would be scum too.

Would rather a Labour candidate wins in those constituency's. In fact I would vote labour if lived there.

And really? People are scum for how they vote?

Only if they vote for a known war criminal.

What was the death toll? 500,000?

Any MP who voted for that war was scum and any who supports that MP is as guilty as them.

Voting for racists, homophobes, xenophobes and complete loons would make you more scum in my book.
Voting for a party who were lied to by one or two people and were duped by "American Intelligence" while certainly more costly and certainly more serious, can't really be compared.

Id say mass muders is pretty bad in my books.
And BS on being duped by the USA. We have just as good if not better intelligence as the USA in MI6 Blair knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

.....and Attlee ....

Atlee was one of, if not THE, best Prime Minister this country has ever had.
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh how we could do with a politician with his attributes today.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Yes and as i think I have said to you before you could probably say the same about anyone who voted for Churchill, Heath, Thatcher and Attlee and so on.

Seeing as we were forced into WW2 and the Falklands you cant comnpare that to Iraq that was a war of aggression from us.

Basically you are calling anyone who disagreed with your political view point at the time "scum".

No just those who support the Iraq war or those who would vote for Torys and Labour candidates that supported it.

actually have a mature debate about the political cross roads that our country now finds itself in.

Yeah and I want all those who supported Iraq out of power.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Anyone who votes for the likes of May, IDK ect who supported it would be scum too.

I think you really need to revise that whole democracy thing.

also you said:

There was no general election in 2003, the last election prior to that was in 2001 (sometime even before 9/11)

So how can call call me scum for voting for them is absurd, nobody could have predicted what was to come.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I was just listing off the PM's in recent history, depending on your political point of view you could strongly disagree with any of them.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Well I have never, before today, voted Labour.
I also protested the Iraq war in London... was one of the best protests I ever attended.
It was so great that so many turned out and there was a real buzz in the air... felt like we could change their minds.
But alas... it wasn't to be.

Trust me - I'm one of the biggest opponents and detractors of the wars that our Parliament got us in to.
But calling people scum for voting for anyone who you disagree with is essentially fascism.
Not cool man.

I'm 35 years old and have always voted a mix of Lib-Dem and Green.
Today I voted Labour because they are the lesser of two evils - I'm in a Tory safe seat so my vote means **** all anyway... hopefully in many of the marginals, people listen to their conscience and get this Government out.

I despise UKIP and everything they stand for but we live in a democracy and people are free to vote for whoever they want.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I think you really need to revise that whole democracy thing.

They are free to vote for war criminals sure.

But I am free to spit on them for it.

Just because we are a democracy does not mean I have to respect someone choice.

There was no general election in 2003, the last election prior to that was in 2001 (sometime even before 9/11)

So how can call call me scum for voting for them is absurd, nobody could have predicted what was to come.

No one would not be guilty of voting them in 2001 as you said you would not know what would transpire.

But those who voted them back in 2005? 2010? And who will vote for the same people today are guilty of supporting war criminals.

Vote for you labour candidate fine, just dont vote for one who sat in parliament in 2003 and voted for Iraq.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Addressing nobody in particular, I'd like to observe that arguing over what ought to happen in this election rather gets us away from speculating about what will happen in this election, which is an interesting topic in its own right, one which will become even more fascinating when the results start coming in.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I also protested the Iraq war in London... was one of the best protests I ever attended.

I remember that protest, I was at one in Edinburgh against the war.

But according to crazyewok I am scum because i voted for a labour MP who was in power in 2003..... in 2001.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

But calling people scum for voting for anyone who you disagree with is essentially fascism.
Not cool man.

No you can disagree with me on anything else thats cool.

It only if one votes for a candidate that was involved in Iraq or in the pedo coverup I have a major problem with.

Any other policy or political differences are fine and I can respect, just not those two.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join