It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for UK general election result.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I think...it'll be a Tory win, although I can't imagine Lib Dems getting enough seats to form a coalition again, although that could be just wishful thinking. SNP landslide in Scotland - give or take 50 seats.

Genuine question, because I genuinely don't know - do UKIP have much of an influence in England? When it comes down to it I will guess people will vote for Con/Lab, and not risk wasting a vote but I honestly don't know what the feeling is about them down there.

a reply to: boymonkey74

Thanks very much, I can't get that out of my head now. Great tune though. # off back to Et-on, I'm singing it to my dog at this very moment.

a reply to: gortex

Jim Murphy and Nick Clegg to both lose their seat is my prediction. The problem is, which one will be funnier? Does that make me very, very evil?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah but at least he's a posh guy who isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes in ,

And certainly dont come crying if he lets the Scottish SNP rape our country or if we are still tied to the EU when it collapses in a fiery debt fulled death.

From a guy who's country has raped Scotland of it's wealth for 300 years..

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

My feeling is Cameron will try to form a minority government but fail , we will eventually be left with an unstable government of convenience lead by Labour , I get the feeling we will have to vote again sooner rather than later.

I also have a feeling Farage will not win his seat and will step down as leader of Ukip , they will then fade away back into obscurity.

There is also the chance that Clegg will lose his seat which will keep me amused for days.

Pretty much my thoughts to be honest.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well again naive.

Naive ?
There's no naivety involved , I'm picking who I believe is the best choice given the lack of actual choice.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Yeah that why English tax money funds your free university's and prescriptions through the barnet factor.

I actually want another Scottish referendum , I will rent a house up there for the week just so I can vote YES and get rid of you tax leeching ungrateful fools.
edit on 7-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Naive ?
There's no naivety involved , I'm picking who I believe is the best choice given the lack of actual choice.

Exactly what it comes down to is a lesser of two evils.
Both Labour and Tories are twats... neither party deserves to govern and are filled with self-serving wankstain politicians.

BUT.

The Tories will continue to take from the poorest and most vulnerable in society, continue to dismantle and crap all over the NHS and continue to help out their mega-rich friends with tax cuts and allowing loopholes to continue.

Whereas Labour will hit the rich harder, look after the poorest and most vulnerable in society and close some of the loop holes and look after vital public services.

Ed Milliband has been called a class war zealot by The Tories and other rich twatty right wingers and the Daily Mail etc.

That alone is enough for me to select him as the lesser of two evils.

edit on 7/5/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yep, that's why down south, we all drive Rollers and live in mansions, because we robbed them Scots!

I never understood this attitude, about the English being to blame for Scotland's ills, and all the resentful talk of us Brits screwing the Scots out of their oil revenue. Did you ever count the number of Scots in the Parliament? Also, us English folks never got a sniff of that oil revenue either and it certainly hasn't made the lives of ordinary English people any better than those of the Scots.

It's just nonsense trotted out by the nationalists for rabble rousing purposes.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
Genuine question, because I genuinely don't know - do UKIP have much of an influence in England? When it comes down to it I will guess people will vote for Con/Lab, and not risk wasting a vote but I honestly don't know what the feeling is about them down there.

Twice they have benefited from the historically common sentiment of "We like our M.P. so much that we will keep him even though he has changed party". That is not the same thing as winning new seats.
They haven't had much success so far even through by-election protest voting, which is normally strong against a sitting government.
E.g. they failed to win Newark. I am particularly conscious of that one, because I visited Newark a few days before, forgetting there was an election on. Had to skirt the market-place to avoid being intercepted by camera crews.
Also found myself in a cafe with UKIP party workers at the next table. One of them was grumbling that they had no balloons, in comparison with the plentiful supply which the Conservatives enjoyed. "The balloons attract the children, and then you can talk to the parents. If we lose this election..." He also complained that people were leaving camera sheets lying around, which were potential inside information that outsiders could pick up. I don't know what "camera sheets" are, so we'll have to guess.
edit on 7-5-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thanks Disraeli.

The balloon anecdote is straight out of Yes Minister, you couldn't make that up. I've know idea what camera sheets are either, presumably crucial to a party member?
Who knows.

That's interesting though, because the potential for a Tory/UKIP coalition now seems less likely. Which is good, because Farage terrifies me depite his lovable Admiral Ackbar face.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
My speculations came up with two ideas;
A crib-sheet of suggested answers to possible awkward questions, for party workers who might find themselves being interviewed.
A rota of party-workers to offer themselves to the camera crews pretending to be ordinary voters.
Either could be embarassing if picked up.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
When did party politics become so big on ATS?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Robert Reynolds it makes a change from race riots and homophobia filling up the recent posts page

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Robert Reynolds
American party politics is big on ATS during every election (that is, for two out of every four years).
In this case, two or three threads started on the very day of polling is a trickle rather than a flood. Bear with us.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Yeah that why English tax money funds your free university's and prescriptions through the barnet factor.

I actually want another Scottish referendum , I will rent a house up there for the week just so I can vote YES and get rid of you tax leeching ungrateful fools.

Funny how the records show Scotland has paid more in tax per head of population than the rest of the UK every year for the past 34 years, but hey, dont let the truth get in the way of a good old unionist myth. Who's the spongers..?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Scotland subsidises England via oil, gas etc.. without it we'd be hemorrhaging even more billions to The City.

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
When did party politics become so big on ATS?

Well it is election day...

I'm guessing LibCon again, which would be even worse than this time round. Labour/SNP would be the lesser of all evils but I doubt they'd agree to anything.
edit on 7-5-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Aaah, good thinking. It could be either of those.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Scotland subsidises England via oil, gas etc.. without it we'd be hemorrhaging even more billions to The City.

Our Whisky industry is bigger than UK iron and steel or computers industry’ ..where does all those Billions in taxes go...aye, ower the Border.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Our Whisky industry is bigger than UK iron and steel or computers industry’ ..where does all those Billions in taxes go...aye, ower the Border.

Then how come you get all the freebies? When we have to pay for our education and prescriptions?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Well it is election day...

Whatever day it is: it still means nothing.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

please

don't hijack this thread and turn it into a Scotland vs UK debate.

We had that debate back in September, we may one day have it again, but today we are voting for the next group of parasites to lead us into more wars and cover up more abuse, lets stick to that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join