It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for UK general election result.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

How funny would it be if we had Alex as the speaker of the house.

I know it would NEVER happen but i would love to hear him doing that.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
I said this on the first page;

I think the UKIP vote will collapse.
The SNP vote won't collapse.
This will leave Conservatives as the largest individual party and so in the driving-seat in negotiations.

At least I got half way there.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI pretty good, you can have half a prize

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Whatever happened to the tactical vote ploy...do you think that multiple choice confused them somewhat..?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
I think the heavy UKIP show in the early Labour seats was tactical voting, but people were not committed enough to carry it through to outright wins anywhere else.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Why am i listening to all the Labour Losers on BBC Scotland...Dont the winners get to have their say.?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Why am i listening to all the Labour Losers on BBC Scotland...Dont the winners get to have their say.?

Bath in the tears of your enemys and enjoy it

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
A thought on the Liberal Democrats;
An older generation may remember that the pre-70's Liberal party was also a small one, not much larger than the figure they've got now.
So it's arguable that they are now back to their "natural" pre-Thatcher size, after being artificially inflated by the link with the old SDP.
What we are seeing is actually the final disappearance of the SDP breakaway movement.
edit on 8-5-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
bye-bye Eddie.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Always confused me as to why the Libs never get more of a % of the vote. Lets be honest here, for all we whinge we have it pretty good in this country. There is inequality and unfairness, yes, but i would rather be here than most other nations. As such, you would think the middle of the road party would do better than they historically do.

Makes me wonder if it's really because we Brits like to have something to argue about!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
bye-bye Eddie.

Is that Milliband away..? Was a piss poor leader anyway...said it from the day he was elected as leader, Labour had no chance..I wonder what other muppet they will install next....I bet DC gets to choose.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian
I think it's because historically the main parties have had a social basis, appealing to one class or another, and for most of the twentieth century the Liberals represented no class.
The Victorian Liberal party was a coalition which gradually fell apart. There were the Whigs (reformist aristocrats), the middle classes, Radical theorists, and the working classes. Gladstone lost the Whigs and some of the middle class when he went for Irish Home Rule. When the Labour party arose, the working classes and the Radicals went off in that direction, and the rest of the middle classes fled off to the Conservatives (as did Churchill for the same reason), leaving a Liberal party based on nothing much in particular.

edit on 8-5-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I think you are right, and plus the nation had previously had many years of David Lloyd George. Whilst he may have been one of the more interesting British Political characters throughout our history, i don't think he really helped the Liberal cause too much.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
O'l Dave is off to speak to liz!

I would just love it if she told him to beat it!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Always confused me as to why the Libs never get more of a % of the vote. Lets be honest here, for all we whinge we have it pretty good in this country. There is inequality and unfairness, yes, but i would rather be here than most other nations. As such, you would think the middle of the road party would do better than they historically do.

Makes me wonder if it's really because we Brits like to have something to argue about!

I have often wondered the same thing, if you took the best parts of the right and the best from the left to create a manifesto I would have thought you would be onto a winner.

Maybe we should try it next time and see what happens.

ATS party anybody?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Sorry Flavian, they make me so cross. Of course people who vote for them aren't scum, they are decent hard working folk in the main who want the best for their families and countrymen. But uurgh, Cameron and his ilk just infuriate me with their lack of understanding of what they are doing to the rest of us. I honestly believe that they generally don't care how other people live. It doesn't apply to them, so they couldn't care less what benefits they cut or jobs they disappear.
No offense meant to you x

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
bye-bye Eddie.

Is that Milliband away..? Was a piss poor leader anyway...said it from the day he was elected as leader, Labour had no chance..I wonder what other muppet they will install next....I bet DC gets to choose.

Totally agree with this as well. If Labour want to make gains, they need a more traditional Labour policy base. The problem they have is that, really, how relevent is that policy base in the Modern world? Much as i hate the twonk, that was one thing Blair got right - for Labour to win elections they needed to move centre ground.

It is certainly an awkward situation for them. I would be all for more distinction between the parties but as i said above, we have it pretty easy in this country (for all its faults). Politically therefore, there is no real need for extremes on either side. I don't think this helps the Liberals either as the other 2 main parties have stolen most of their ground.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

ATS party anybody?

I will stand for Chatham and Alysford

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Indeed, I left out that factor for the sake of brevity.
The World War One government began as Liberal under Asquith, then incorporated the Conservatives, and finally ended as what amounted to a Conservative government led by Lloyd George and a few other Liberals.
The Conservative back-benchers rebelled against that arrangement in 1922 (hence "the 1922 Committee") and threw out Lloyd George, and the Liberals never recovered the unity which had been lost in the Asquith-Lloyd George split.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
No one wins the prize for predicting the results, typical ATS prediction ability

Hey!

think...it'll be a Tory win, although I can't imagine Lib Dems getting enough seats to form a coalition again, although that could be just wishful thinking. SNP landslide in Scotland - give or take 50 seats.

That's not bad!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join