It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for UK general election result.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Instead of blaming the English who voted Tory or UKIP etc, how about blaming Milliband and the Labour party for refusing to listen to the electorate and acting all high handed and dictatorial to suc an extent they became unelectable?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Looks like that phonebox YOU will be holding yer meetings in will have room for a few more....Bye Bye Clown.. lol

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Just called in to give you a big internet cuddle! Bye bye Jim, ye big pointy heided nit.

The lion has roared this morning

It didn't just roar mate, it mauled and savaged...It was the size of the swings that blew me away...39% in one seat alone.
1 Tory..1 Lib Dem..1 Labour is all the bastards have left..Hahahahaha

With 56 seat we dont even need to ask permission for another referendum..53% of the vote is enough, but just to be on the safe side, i would wait until we reach 60% which we will.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Ah karma is nice, arrogant pig that he was. And according to radio Scotland, Miliband's going to resign today too.

ETA

With 56 seat we dont even need to ask permission for another referendum..53% of the vote is enough, but just to be on the safe side, i would wait until we reach 60% which we will.

I know!! I'm so excited!!!

edit on 8-5-2015 by beansidhe because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2015 by beansidhe because: woohoo

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Actually, yes Scotland does have to ask for permission to have another referendum. 56 seats isn't enough for anything in the House of Commons - except possibly a nice debating society.

What it does guarantee though is at least the Scottish people know they will have people fighting their corner. However, with only 56 seats, no other party has to listen to a word they say.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Actually, yes Scotland does have to ask for permission to have another referendum. 56 seats isn't enough for anything in the House of Commons - except possibly a nice debating society.

What it does guarantee though is at least the Scottish people know they will have people fighting their corner. However, with only 56 seats, no other party has to listen to a word they say.

Ever heard of a UDI...We have enough Politicians in Scotland now fighting our corner to pull it off and if our success is repeated here next year i dont see why we shouldn't..Permission my arse.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

No, they seriously need to start listening. They wanted us to stay, remember? Better together and a' that, an a'that.

It's not the voice of 56 seats, it is the voice of a nation united.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Was last nights result proof that last years referendum was a fraud...?

From Bella Caladonia.

So, if today’s Yougov speculation comes true and there are 26 or more SNP/Pro-Independence candidates elected on 7th May, I would suggest that a unilateral declaration of Independence should be considered by grass-roots Yes Scotland campaigners as a means of keeping the feet to the fire of the Westminster elites, be they Blue or Red Tories. If we elect a majority of MP’s for Pro-Independence candidates and have one or two more MP’s that Labour, then a claim of right for UDI may be subject to question. However, if Yes Scotland/SNP win by 5 or 6 more MP’s than Labour in Scotland then the case for UDI is clear because that would put Yes Scotland/SNP around 10% ahead in seats. First past the post governments in the UK have always taken power, even with around 35% of the vote, so Scottish UDI should be seriously considered if we win a large victory in May.

edit on 8-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I wouldn't get so cocky and assume support for the SNP in this election means support for independence. It might be a lot of people see them as the only alternative to the "big 3", like UKIP in England. The SNP only managed to grab 1.5 million votes - the other half of Scotland woke this morning feeling disenfranchised - Scottish results. In fact, out of 4.1 Million registered voters in Scotland, the SNP's share was only 35%, the same it always has been. I suspect they are simply just better at getting their grass roots supporters out on the day.

Also, now the SNP are in Parliament as the 3rd largest party, they will be under much more scrutiny about what they say and do. With the new powers coming for Scotland as well, it will be far harder for any SNP Scottish Government to continue to blame "Westminster"...
edit on 8/5/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

No, that's not strictly true. Take Glasgow, and in particular Glasgow north east. This was strong Labour territory for years. The tide is turning; a lot of people felt disenfranchised after the referendum when they realised that they had been frightened into voting Yes by scaremongering.

It's too simplistic to say the SNP are better at getting their supporters to the ballot box. The SNP have won 56 seats -why? Because Scotland's values are not the same as tory English values and never have been. If this isn't a wake up call to Westminster, I don't know what is.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
A lot of people outside of Scotland are going to be scratching their heads today.

How could it be that a party they never voted for is now the third largest with over 50 seats???

I know that the FPTP system is flawed, but I think that we should turn this on its head and accept what it

Labours failure!

I voted SNP for the first time, not because I support independence or even that i buy into all the charisma and passion surrounding the party but because I wanted all the posh boys of the labour bench. Labour, Torry, Lib-dem (remember them?) what is the difference?

I think that a strong SNP in Westminster could support the rest of the UK by forcing a huge political change, because for Labour to bounce back they need change, they need to be a real opposition and they need to return to representing the working class without all these posh toff's sucking up to their rich eatonian friends.
edit on 8-5-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
I wouldn't get so cocky and assume support for the SNP in this election means support for independence. It might be a lot of people see them as the only alternative to the "big 3", like UKIP in England. The SNP only managed to grab 1.5 million votes - the other half of Scotland woke this morning feeling disenfranchised - Scottish results. In fact, out of 4.1 Million registered voters in Scotland, the SNP's share was only 35%, the same it always has been. I suspect they are simply just better at getting their grass roots supporters out on the day.

Also, now the SNP are in Parliament as the 3rd largest party, they will be under much more scrutiny about what they say and do. With the new powers coming for Scotland as well, it will be far harder for any SNP Scottish Government to continue to blame "Westminster"...

Only time will tell, I'll remain confident and cocky that the Tories will do their worst for Scotland as usual and then well see where it goes from there..

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

when they realised that they had been frightened into voting Yes by scaremongering.

Haha, an admission at least that the SNP used bully boy tactics....

It's too simplistic to say the SNP are better at getting their supporters to the ballot box. The SNP have won 56 seats -why? Because Scotland's values are not the same as tory English values and never have been. If this isn't a wake up call to Westminster, I don't know what is.

They won 56 seats with because of FPTP and the fact that Scotland has far more MP's than it should as a share of the population. As I said, they're share of the Scottish popular vote is 35%. I know plenty of Scots and even have family there and I know that if any voted SNP in this election, it is not because they believe in independence, but for other reasons.
edit on 8/5/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

They won 56 seats with because of FPTP.

Well FPTP is the voting system so technically all seats won were won because of FPTP, the voting system needs to change. However in 2011 we had the same system and the SNP did not sweep away labour the way they have this time.

They did not win 56 seats just because of FPTP, they won 56 seats because labour has failed miserably and the SNP has the best campaign out of all the main parties.

To say that it was just because of FPTP is to ignore the failure labour and the success of the SNP.

I know that if any voted SNP in this election, it is not because they believe in independence, but for other reasons.

This is pretty much me, I voted SNP but against independence

I will be pissed off if the SNP try to argue that my vote was a vote for independence.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Ha ha. My mistake, I was thinking Yes when I ought to have typed No. The SNP didn't bully anyone.

They won 56 seats with because of FPTP. As I said, they're share of the Scottish popular vote is 35%. I know plenty of Scots and even have family there and I know that if any voted SNP in this election, it is not because they believe in independence, but for other reasons.

First past the post has its problems, so does PR. Nonetheless 56 seats out of 59 speaks for itself.
Maybe you could talk with your Scottish family and ask them the reasons for the SNP landslide? I know plenty of Scots believe it or not, lol. A lot of them regret not voting for independence. That doesn't make me right or make you right. It is what it is. People sick fed up of tory scum treating them like dirt, and that goes outside our borders too.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

So you genuinely believe that Tories are scum? Does that apply to people that vote Tory? If so, that is quite a staggeringly, breathtakingly biggoted thing to say. I know politically we are far part Beansidhe but on other topics we are pretty similar - i wouldn't expect this response from you.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
No one wins the prize for predicting the results, typical ATS prediction ability

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

when they realised that they had been frightened into voting Yes by scaremongering.

Haha, an admission at least that the SNP used bully boy tactics....

I think we can safely say the Bullies were quite clearly flying that flag you have as a Avatar...I'm heading into Freedom Square right now. it's been organised for ages, lets see if the Butchers apron Bully/Billy Boys show up later today...I'll be standing my ground.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
No one wins the prize for predicting the results, typical ATS prediction ability

Hold on. I predicted a Tory Majority....Does Nearly count.?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol you get a consolation prize for being closest and taking part

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join