It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for UK general election result.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
ok I'll get things started

things are pretty neck and neck in the polls, with a large amount of undecideds

I think it will be a Tory minority government. They will seek a coalition with ukip or the Lib Dems again to get their queen speech through.
edit on 7-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

www.theguardian.com...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
My prediction is;
reduced pensions
increased capital controls
reduced welfare
further national health service degradation
continuing welfare for the top 1 per cent and widening wealth inequality
a further degraded military
increased homelessness and poverty

REGARDLESS OF WHO WINS

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Obviously The world peace through the medium of song will win my local election but I have a sneaky felling Labour may just nick it.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Big banks and corporations will be the ultimate winners, as will the already rich who will get richer.

No matter which of the mainstream parties wins, or what coalition consisting of them is put into power, nothing will change and the global criminals will continue their plunder.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The Brits need to get rid of the 'permanent parliamentary under secretaries' the MP's go to for advice, those people tell the MP's what they can and cannot do, and the dumbass MP's say Okay, thanks.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Anyone see this?

Oh man that was funny

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
I think the UKIP vote will collapse.
The SNP vote won't collapse.
This will leave Conservatives as the largest individual party and so in the driving-seat in negotiations.

Watch for the Basildon result. In 1992,everybody was saying "If Labour win Basildon with a large majority, they will form a government. If they win it by a small margin, there will be a hung Parliament". In the event, it was a "Conservative hold", and that was the first sign that John Major was going to win after all.

P.S. I've just checked. Current majority 12,398, but the boundaries were changed in 2010, which makes comparisons tricky.
edit on 7-5-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
The Brits need to get rid of the 'permanent parliamentary under secretaries' the MP's go to for advice, those people tell the MP's what they can and cannot do, and the dumbass MP's say Okay, thanks.

Ah, the "Yes, Minister" theory.
But hasn't that been superseded by "In the thick of it", which represents the claim that power has been transferred from the permanent secretaries to the spin-doctors? You watch an episode of that comedy. The only civil servant in sight is the press secretary.
edit on 7-5-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Tory Majority...SNP tp gain a lot of seats but not the 50+ predicted...27 maybe..Ed milliband to run crying to his mammy. The Sun to run with the headline, it was us what won it. Telegraphy to follow us the next day with, No, it was as what won it..
Shareholders at lockheed Martin to purr with delight because they just got there sticky fingers on 100+ billion UK Spondoolies.
Foodbanks to continue.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
ok I'll get things started

things are pretty neck and neck in the polls, with a large amount of undecideds

I think it will be a Tory minority government. They will seek a coalition with ukip or the Lib Dems again to get their queen speech through.
www.theguardian.com...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

I agree but in order to not be boring i will also predict that the Tories will increase their number of seats, just not enough for an outright majority (but i think they will be close to it).

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It's funny how a few years ago the idea that the political parties were just a public face for the banks and big business was considered a conspiracy theory.Now it's become widely accepted as the truth and people are back to apathetic,voting for the lesser evil.I wonder if the frog will ever jump out of the pan.

link   

Its pretty certain that no party will gain an overall majority.

I think there'll be a repeat of the last election - more of the ConDems.

Regardless, it'll just be more of the same old same old.

But I will go out on a limb and say that I think we'll be going back to the polls within a year and probably with new party leaders.

link   
Tories get more seats than labour but tories+ukip+lib dem < labour+green+plyd+snp so the labour coalition has the mandate. Cameron will ignore the rules and claim he has the mandate ....after that who knows. It depends how much brown stuff is flying from the fan!!!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Con Dem coalition.
Labour wiped out of Scotland.
UKIP with between 5 and 10 seats.

Cameron will wriggle out of his latest referendum promise again.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad
There aren't really any definite rules.
I think Cameron will step aside, as Brown did, when and if somebody can put together an agreed majority on the other side.
Failing that, he's fully entitled to wait until Parliament meets and test his majority by the vote in the Queen's Speech debate.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I've decided not to vote. Just more broken promises. We all know who's side these politicians are on and it's not us. Just the banks and the top 1%.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI I can't see Cameron stepping down, but I think your right about him testing out a coalition for the queens speech debate.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Its pretty certain that no party will gain an overall majority.

I think there'll be a repeat of the last election - more of the ConDems.

Regardless, it'll just be more of the same old same old.

But I will go out on a limb and say that I think we'll be going back to the polls within a year and probably with new party leaders.

Exactly. Very little changes. In my 36 years on earth, nothing really changes no matter who wins. Special interests will always get what they want through lobbying and politicians will try and drag out their cushy jobs for as long as possible.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I can see it all coming down to who the SNP want to side with.

I have never voted SNP but in about a hour am going to head in and do just that, why?

Because I think the Westminster establishment needs a shake up, I would just love it if all the minority parties were somehow able to club together (not going to happen i know) but failing that I think it would be really great to see the SNP shake things up. My only fear is that if they take most of the seats in Scotland they take it as a indication that another debate on independence is justified. I am voting for the SNP not for Scottish independence.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Well just back from casting my vote - not one of the main parties - however where i live has been tory for decades so with the fptp system effectively a wasted vote.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join