It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have bad news for you.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
It just blows my mind how people constantly warn me that cigarettes are gonna kill me, as if they think they'll live forever if they don't smoke.

They just try to tell you lung cancer is a horrible way to die. Also it's a disguised way to avoid telling you you are stinking the whole place.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
As for relief from this world... I see it this way; we are here to identify and reject the material we refuse to build our heaven with. You've got a job to do and you are doing just fine. But we also have another purpose and that is defining the meaning of life to the point that the questioning of it dissolves. Losing our 'selves' in it only when bringing new things, art & ideas into the world.

Imagine a perfect life, forever. Eventually the least perfect thing becomes the most hideous by your relative measure. Beautiful things eventually stale, including our story we call life. Try dialing in to the internet on a year 1993 connection and see how something once found wonderous would now appear stale. Or how that first experience feeling the suns warmth is now just what is happening when your arm is out the window on your way to work.

What were you before you were born? Where did the "you" that realizes the things you've stated come from?
Tell me a time, from your experience, when you experienced nothing? Infinity resides between the smallest measures and the fractions of whole numbers. The blink of an eye. The point between death and birth is the blink of life's eye. Time really has no place here!

You are the life that comes after death. In hindsight, are you afraid of birth?

Let history save you time on defining the horrors of life. Explore and uncover the remaining mysteries, however few are left. Share it with us. We are all dying to learn!

PS: I usually feel the same as you. But I'm trying to figure out if there's anything left to change to sweeten the experience.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

And I have good news for you.

You will live

YOU WILL LIVE JOHN

(What lucifer told Constantine in the movie)

Seriously though, you will live. So watch what you do, your victims will live too.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

So, you tell us that we (others) have a problem with our eventual dying, but you do not?
How unique you are.

I guess your momma always told you that you were "special"?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

It would have been worse news if you told me I was going to live for centuries.

Imagine a Navaho who was born in 1500 being alive today. He would look around and see what was lost and want to kill himself.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
You are going to die.

I plan to prove you wrong, OP.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Sorry to break it to you friend...but plenty of people are just fine with nothingness and are NOT religious. You don't get to determine the content of the minds and hearts of others...ever

So no you aren't special...there are plenty of people who can face (truly face) mortality and have no religion, spirituality, or problem with what is happening

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I don't see it as bad news.
We all die, so what?
The point is to live each day to the fullest.
Death is nothing but a door to me,
I embrace it and look forward to the journey into the unknown.

Everything is an adventure to me.
Makes life much more enjoyable!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Personally, I have no problem accepting non-existence. I doubt this is my future, but all difficulties gone sounds good to me as I look at the world I live in.

Try to say you have no problem with this reality and you are either hanging on to a religious mythology, or you are not truly facing reality.

your second sentence is my reply to your third, here i've rearranged them in the above quote so you can just see it as addressing yourself, lol.
edit on 5/8/15 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Why do you think nobody is facing this reality? How do you know anybody reality? Let me say what I see, I see you talking about your reality and applying to everyone else. Death is the only thing for certain and nobody knows what lies beyond, just theories. Why hold on into ego?

And if I try my best to be the better version of me in this reality does it mean I'm ignoring the fact that I will die? I would rather say the the awareness of death is my main motivator.
edit on 8-5-2015 by scringerworth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join