It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have bad news for you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
You are going to die. Have you wrapped your mind around this reality.

Compared to other aspects of reality, such as the weather and the health of the stock market, it is a way bigger aspect of reality.

Try to say you have no problem with this reality and you are either hanging on to a religious mythology, or you are not truly facing reality.

Personally, I have no problem accepting non-existence. I doubt this is my future, but all difficulties gone sounds good to me as I look at the world I live in.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Newsflash! We're all going to die.
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?

Another question is, "If he did, would he gain any weight???"

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Oddly, I think most of us are far more at ease with death than we are with life.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I would love a response that related to the original post.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I am going to die!

Please explain how this is bad news.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Watchfull

We avoid this reality. I'm saying, look at it right in it's face.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Ok.....well, yes I've thought very intensely about my own death and I have come to one conclusion for sure and that is I would like for it to happen rather quickly and with as little pain as possible.

Past that I would say that I'm comfortable with the idea of "Nothingness" if that is what happens. Sometimes I think about how sad that is that it's all just gone completely until I remember that it only seems that way now because I'm aware of it. But once "Nothing" happens I won't care anymore so I don't worry about it.

If it's not "Nothingness" however that brings up a whole slew of other ideas and questions and stuff that is sometimes fun to think about and sometimes awful to think about and everything in between fun and awful too.

I usually calm myself by thinking of a bit of old wisdom I once read. Which is:

"There is no reason to worry. If you can fix what it is you're worried about, then you don't have to worry because you can fix it. If you can't fix it, then you don't have to worry because you can't fix it anyway."

So at least I don't have to worry about it.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Spot on.

And the very act of worrying is unconstructive.

That is not to say that preparing for anticipated duress isn't prudent.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Most people fear there own mortality far to much to stare the reality right in the face. That's what religions all about.

It just blows my mind how people constantly warn me that cigarettes are gonna kill me, as if they think they'll live forever if they don't smoke. You should see the shocked look on most peoples faces when I reply with, "I wouldn't worry to much mate, you'll get your day".

Why waste your entire existence dwelling on the inevitable?

"When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
In a short time from now, I am going to go lay under the stars and go completely unconscious.
How is that any different than dying?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

In a short time from now, I am going to go lay under the stars and go completely unconscious.

You still get to dream and wake up as you.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

You say I am not facing reality if the FACT I am going to die does not bother me but in your post you say it doesn't bother you. Why would it bother me but not you ? Are you special ? It doesn't bother me what so ever, does this mean I am special ? I figure if its my time to go its my time to go.

I have been in two wars...had a gun held to my head and robbed at gun point while working for an armored trucking company, numerous car wrecks which any one of those situations could have brought an acute case of sudden death but I am still walking and talking and not cowering behind my desk, mostly because I realize that death is for everyone...the only equalization we really have in this life so bring it on...another adventure...darn sure can't be any less interesting than this one.

edit on 5/7/2015 by DJMSN because: correction

edit on 5/7/2015 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

You still get to dream and wake up as you.

What is scary about going into eternal peace?
I hope I enjoy death as much as I did life.
Death is really only sad for those still ticking.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
So here i am, in a hospital, just waking up trying to cheer my day with some ATS and what i get? you telling me im going to die, that's just mean man...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56 read my sig

edit on 7-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You are going to die.

Thanks for the newsflash . They say there are only to sure things in life , death and taxes . So my plan is to get a bit older and stop paying tax .

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
in death, there is no 9 to 5 for minimum wage.
After being stuck in a effin' cubicle with a career that moves forward but a pay check that moves backwards, i challenge death to be more stressful than this

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

Compared to other aspects of reality, such as the weather and the health of the stock market, it is a way bigger aspect of reality.

Try to say you have no problem with this reality and you are either hanging on to a religious mythology, or you are not truly facing reality.

Personally, I have no problem accepting non-existence. I doubt this is my future, but all difficulties gone sounds good to me as I look at the world I live in.

I bet you're ace at parties

edit on 7-5-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

Tell me if I got this right:

- You say anyone who has no problem with facing his mortality is either religious or lying

- You say you have no problem facing your mortality

It seems you either have a very low opinion of others or think you are better than them

top topics

<<   2 >>

join